TSC Imperial Shuttle

Reaction score
The newest newspost on the main page just reported that an Imperial Shuttle is possibly on the way. It's listed as 59.99 and comes with 2 pack-in figures. Hmm...interesting.

Reaction score
Thats awesome, $60 seems cheap though. Wasn't the FAO shuttle around $200? Then again FAO jacks up everything by atleast 100%

Reaction score
Well colour me pissed off!

I paid the insane amount for the first shuttle and got no pack ins! This is not a ship I wanted to see ever get released agian unless it was a stright repack with no changes what so ever from the 2002 version.

Damm you Hasbro!

Reaction score
I really really hope it's the Emperor's Imperial Shuttle (it has a fat grey stripe down the middle). The FAO one of 2002 was the Tydarium, which the rebels stole. I'm crossing my fingers for that grey stripe. I'm also hoping for the pack-ins to be an Imperial Dignitary( skinny one) and someone to fly this thing.

Reaction score
Darth_Nirvana said:
The newest newspost on the main page just reported that an Imperial Shuttle is possibly on the way. It's listed as 59.99 and comes with 2 pack-in figures. Hmm...interesting.
Seriously? Thanks for the heads up, DN. I went straight to the forums without looking at the front page. I'm glad hasbro is re-packing it, I missed out on the first release.

Reaction score
Wow that is cheap. Way cheap and with two figures.

Then how the hell does Hasbro justify $89.99 for an AT-AT with two figures? I think there's more plastic in the shuttle than an AT-AT.

Reaction score
I think the FAO 2002 version was $99, but this new $59 has to be a mistake...but for that I would buy two shuttles.

Reaction score
This is going to be interesting! I'd definitely take one of these. I love the new announcements and then it's all speculation by us. Hopefully SDCC will reveal what this is all about.

OT: I wonder what the Saga Tins are?

Reaction score
man oh man Im gonna get one. one way or another. I missed out on the first one because i never saw it and the price was $100 dollars

Reaction score
stylie_steve said:
Well colour me pissed off!

I paid the insane amount for the first shuttle and got no pack ins! This is not a ship I wanted to see ever get released agian unless it was a stright repack with no changes what so ever from the 2002 version.

Damm you Hasbro!
I think you should be blaming FAO instead of Hasbro. FAO is a highend toy store with an insane mark up; in the late 90's, I remember seeing regular POTF2 figures marked at 10.99 instead of the standard 5.99 everywhere else. Most stores make one dollar profit from each figure sold, FAO was trying to push six dollars, that 600% higher. If FAO bought the shuttle from Hasbro at $50 each, it's within their policy to charge us over a $100 each. It was their huge mark-up that cause us to pay over 120.00 and shipping for one. Maybe both Hasbro and Target learned from how slow FAO's high price point was moving and decided not to repeat that mistake. Anyway, lets hope for a slightly different version, there's no point in buying the same thing again.

Reaction score
I spent over $100 on this with NO pack-ins and now it's half the price with two pack-ins. What heck hasbro!

Reaction score
I never got one, and I haven't bought vehicles since the POTF2 AT-AT, so this, along with the new gunship, are making me blow my cash all over! I can't wait! Any speculation on the 2 figs? I'd guess if Palpatine shuttle, a Royal guard (I got a feeling they wouldn;t give 2 of the same) and a Stormtrooper, either that or Palpatine and Vader but I doubt it. If Tydarium Endor Leia and Endor Luke.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Then how the hell does Hasbro justify $89.99 for an AT-AT with two figures? I think there's more plastic in the shuttle than an AT-AT.
Maybe there is, but the Saga Shuttle had no electronics and far fewer moving parts, making this much easier cost-wise to assemble.

Just my thoughts. I only have one boxed Saga one, and missed out on a loose one, so this is actually a rehash I'm not going crazy over.

Ian

Reaction score
Even at the lower price, I have neither the money nor the space for this.

Damn you, Hasbro! Why do you have to make such cool stuff?!

Reaction score
Narukami said:
Thanks Hasbro.

This has "Hit" written all over it.

Yeah thanks Hasbro for releasing this four years ago as an FAO exclusive with an astronomical price tag. I paid $120.00 for that thing, and now look....that's why I hate exclusives to retailers. I am curious to see what pack-in figs come with it though.

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
Given the fact that the last one seemed to be a problem seller, I'm surprised this is getting re-released.
Given that it was at FAO only, not the most wide-spread chain, AND at an FAO markup that put it beyond the range of many collectors & parents, it's not too surprising it was a problem seller

Can't wait to see it. If it's a true re-release, I'll probably spring for it. I've loved the Lambda-shuttle since '83, always wanted one.

Reaction score
Winsto said:
I think you should be blaming FAO instead of Hasbro. FAO is a highend toy store with an insane mark up.
IIRC, KB (I believe) released it later for a much cheaper price...was it $80?

Reaction score
KB clearnced out the remainders from FAO. But man that is a huge shelf hog. I can not believe Target is springing for this. Where will they even put just one., thats probably all they will have room for is one at a time. Yeah and now who wants to cry about collectors using DPCI numbers.

Reaction score
All that plastic and 2 figures for half the price of the 2002 FAO exclusive. I lived in the Orlando area at the time and took part of my tax refund to purchase that thing. A few months down the road, they hit KB Toys for about $80 until ultimately clearancing out at about $50.

Now looking at the ride this toy took back in 2002, maybe hasbro looked at the clearance price, added two pack-ins and $9.99 to create a "well priced" large vehicle. Surely it doesn't cost hasbro $60 to produce these puppies and that price may be much more attractive to collectors.

I will only buy one if it is the Emperor's shuttle. I already have a Tyderium. (all $120 of it)

Reaction score
Target exclusives don't have that noticeable markup as TRU have. The Plo Koon and A-wing exclusives were the same as their general releases at $19.99 (and were eventually sold at clearance in some places). If sold at TRU, they'd be sold at around $24.99 or $29.99.

If you think about it, $60 does sound reasonable for a ship that's mostly wing, let alone w/o electronics. Maybe down the line, these too will eventually discounted. The previous TIE didn't move even until they hit clearance at $30 or under.

Reaction score
Blackhole said:
I spent over $100 on this with NO pack-ins and now it's half the price with two pack-ins. What heck hasbro!
Okay, not to point to JUST this poster, but its the first comment like this I found when looking for a quote. Some of you people are just plain sad. WTF is wrong with re-releasing a cool item... this time at a "kid" friendly price?!? A kid sees these movies for the first time and wants a shuttle to play Endor raid... why should a parent have to hit eVilbay to buy it from some scalper? Heck, most won't so that kid is out of luck. I say re-release all the items at lower prices. If we do not keep the kids interested, Hasbro will fold this license in no time. The adult collectors, myself included, like to think we make this hobby what it is. However, its the moms, dads, and kids who keep this franchise going.

So, is the last FOUR years you owned this item, not worth the extra 60 bucks? If not, then you didn't deserve one the first time. I usually try to remain civil but comments like, "I never wanted them to release this item again" are selfish to young and old.

Its collectors like you that are going to run this hobby into the ground. "No, no, no, I want to be special... I do not want anything I own to ever be offered up so children and young adults can have them... they are my toys."
As long as they do not re-produce the box exactly, your precious eBay cash cow will still retain its value. So get over it.

Reaction score
Finally.

This could not have come at a better time.

I finally have a re-release vehicle to be excited about, in fact, I'd say this is the vehicle I am most interested in of all previously released ones.

Reaction score
I see this being released just in time for Christmas, when Target opens up the aisles for bigger-boxed items. Several Shuttles could easily be displayed on the overhead shelves.

I'm thrilled about this re-release. I passed on the Saga version; $120 + s/h was just too steep. But $60 and pack-ins - Oh Yeah!

Reaction score
I've got the FAO one, so I'm undecided if I'll get another. The one I've got is huge, it's hard to store.

Reaction score
I think the people who are upset about the rerelease of it are not upset for the fact someone else is going to be able to have one. But the price point. I to bought it from FAO for 120 and now it can be had a few years later at half that. Not about anyone having excluisvity on the product.

Reaction score
I for one am VERY VERY happy with the re-release of this item. Regardless of whatever the price tag may be. I was definitely interested in the first one, even at the $120 or whatever it was, but I unfortuamtely became, shall we say, "indipose" for the 24 months just prior-to, during, and immediately following it's release. So obviously I was not able to pick one up then. Bring 'em on!!!!

Reaction score
I am actually hoping that this is just a straight repack with two repacked figures. If it is painted differently or has an exclusive figure I will end up wanting to get it and that thing is just too big to have 2 of them. I'm already suffering for space with 4 gunships. But at least at only $60 it won't hurt the wallet too much if I do grab one.

Reaction score
I really, really hope this turns out not to be just a rumor. Hasbro is picking great vehichles to rerelease, however.

Reaction score
The fact it isnt a FAO exclusive should make everyone cheer! There is what, two FAOs in the Country now?

Reaction score
Sounds kind of cool, but sort of makes me regret buying mine for double the price from FAO a few years ago. I would definitely consider picking this up again though.

What's next the Royal Starship? I wish.

Reaction score
First off we get the TRU AT-AT now we get the Shuttle, which one am I going to get ?!?! I love having to ask questions like these. Storage problems or not, I will have at least one of them !

Reaction score
I see a few people getting a little frustrated at us collectors who do not like the idea of a re-release of this ship. So let me explain why I am anti Imperial Shuttle Re-Release.

1) The price: I paid a lot more for a EXCLUSIVE item back in 2002 and it is frustrating when a few years later they go and release it agian but with 2 figures and at half the price. Thats just a slap in the face to people who brought this the first time around.

2) Its large and will most probally be repainted. I like to have a near complete collection of vehicles so if it is repainted I would like to own it BUT a ship this size is something I do not have the room for since I already have 1 large imperial shuttle taking up a lot of space.

Now if Hasbro decided to just re-release it in a new box with no changes to the mold or paint I will not mind. I am all for it because it gives others a chance to own a great ship yet the people who own this already will not be missing out. The packs ins should just be old figures such as Royal Guards or Stormtroopers agian just so people who own it already will not miss anything if they choose not to buy this large ship agian.

I am a loose collector so I do not give a $%^& about value of the previous release so that is not a factor. So I for one hope this is just a re-release and not a repaint and thats where I stand on this item.

Reaction score
I do not understand why its cheaper than a AT-AT I would not want a shuttle as I am lining up a vintage one instead but what I shall point out about this with a lower price is what are the odds of it being the rots shuttle??
That has less plastic cause the fin was chopped off which would make it cheaper and the pack in figures would be a emperor and a clone trooper, also the vehicle looks alot smaller in rots than the rotj version.