Trying my hand at customs

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m a longtime visitor to this site and yet this is my first post. Lurking in the shadows like a Noghri, you could say.

This is my interpretation of a Noghri from the Timothy Zahn books.

Recipe:
Mouse in Disguise TAC - head
Anakin Skywalker VC - body, hips, biceps
Snoke VC - forearm, hands, shins, sash
Rey VC - feet
Rifle - Bane Malar
Vitruvianarmory - robe and knife

I used a little of the ProCreate Putty for the boot tops and the head.

I also made two more Noghri as Death Commandos using the Neimoidan head which you can see in the working image below, but I am working on creating a street scene that I’ve yet to complete that I want to finish first before sharing. I’d be happy and thankful to get some constructive feedback. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Reaction score
That second one turned out really well. That's an interesting head sculpt too. What paint did you use?

Reaction score
Very nice, especially like the human goons. Gauron looks good, too - Is that the lower tunic from Snags?

Reaction score
Thanks. I wish I could manage to put together a Taym as good as yours, but my greenstuff sculpting is marginal at best. Recognized the lower tunic because I had trimmed the sash (at least the front half; darn you split tunic seams) from a Snags to use on my Gauron before going with elastic. Gideon looks like a good stand-in for Fozec, too. Where did you find Geezum's bandoleer?

Reaction score
I think it is from the VC Jawa that I purchased from Tunghori.

I planned on using your white elastic idea on the Mosep figure you did. I am so hesitant to paint Mosep’s body black, even though I have no use for the Cantina look.

Thanks. I wish I could manage to put together a Taym as good as yours, but my greenstuff sculpting is marginal at best. Recognized the lower tunic because I had trimmed the sash (at least the front half; darn you split tunic seams) from a Snags to use on my Gauron before going with elastic. Gideon looks like a good stand-in for Fozec, too. Where did you find Geezum's bandoleer?

Reaction score
This is Luuke Skywalker, a clone of Luke that Mara Jade kills from The Last Command.

Recipe:
Head - Psychopath-looking Luke Skywalker from TLC Target Exclusive Jabba's Rancor set
Cape - VC131 Luke Skywalker, colored with marker since dye failed me
Body - TLC BD43 Agen Kolar, minimal painting of legs and neck area, trimmed down the neck post too

Attachments

Reaction score
Here is Leia (pregnant with Jacen and Jaina) and Khabarakh the Noghri meeting from Zahn's Dark Force Rising (I think).

Leia
Head - POTF Jabba's Prisoner Leia
Body, Arms, Legs - BS Walmart Force Awakens, added modeling clay to torso
Vest - Rey Island Journey 5poa

Khabarakh
Head - Neimoidian Warrior
Torso, Robe & Hips - VC Yoda Cave of Evil
Shins - Snoke
Boots - VC Rey
Arms - Jawa 30th Anniversary Collection
Staff - VC Chirrut Îmwe w/added artillery piece from ?

Attachments

Reaction score
Are you sculpting the pieces on Velken and Taym? I've not done much sculpting of any kind but those look really great. Any recipes for those you'd like to share?

Reaction score
Are you sculpting the pieces on Velken and Taym? I've not done much sculpting of any kind but those look really great. Any recipes for those you'd like to share?
Velken not so much except around the wrists which, honestly, I could’ve done a better job. I used pieces from the first VC Rey and the lower half of a Jawa robe for the helmet extras.

Taym’s torso is VC Cave of Evil Luke and I did sculpt the armor. With this one I also used pieces from the VC Rey around the helmet area.

Attachments

Reaction score
This is Joruus C’Baoth, the cloned insane dark Jedi from the Heir to the Empire trilogy. This was the first custom that I painted and felt the eyes came out successfully. So, I suppose with enough practice anything is possible.

Recipe:
Body - Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Blank Sandstone
Head - MH385 from Jokabofe on eBay
Lightning Hands - Emperor TAC Evolutions
Robe - VC76 Obi Wan Kenobi
Belt - Snoke

The last shot is the crew together for a group photo. Thrawn is untouched and I swapped out Mara’s head with a Marvel Universe Black Widow head that I’d seen done on Yakface. If anyone has a Talon Karrde that they’d part with for a decent price, please let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. I really have found a lot of joy making these. I’d have never made them if I hadn’t come across all the great customs on this forum that I’ve admired for years now.

Perhaps I should make a new Talon. It’s great Hasbro made one, but there’s always room for improvement, right?

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. I really have found a lot of joy making these. I’d have never made them if I hadn’t come across all the great customs on this forum that I’ve admired for years now.

Perhaps I should make a new Talon. It’s great Hasbro made one, but there’s always room for improvement, right?
Yes, improvement or even just a unique take. Do it! ;):)

Reaction score
Great customs! You've got some diversity but kept the star wars feel. They'd all look great on a skiff barge or in a diorama. Keep them coming as I've been looking for jabba goons inspiration for my vintage style customs.