Try-To-Finish-Tuesday Challenge!!!

Utinniii

Reaction score
Finished most of them! I gave the girls Uggs.

The family of Mongo Beef heads is made from a variety of figures (Anime, Green Lantern, and a bendy kid). The creature is from Tatoonie wildlife sketches, the 2 similar "Jawas" are from Jakku and are seen in the background. The "Mollo Jawa" is his concept sketch. The gold thing was based on that picture of a heart I posted earlier. The Reptil is from the Marvel comics.

Mr. Bobojangles is getting there, but still has a ways to go. The cages took forever since the wire wouldn't glue together very well.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I always love to see what others are up to!

My current WIP. I have some little bits I have to do and decide if I want to put the sand down now or wait until I eventually move. It might crack during the move, but I have no plans of moving any time soon.

Reaction score
I always love to see what others are up to!

My current WIP. I have some little bits I have to do and decide if I want to put the sand down now or wait until I eventually move. It might crack during the move, but I have no plans of moving any time soon.

Gad, that's a good display. Also, I couldn't help but notice two guys that are lying either dead or asleep.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Gad, that's a good display. Also, I couldn't help but notice two guys that are lying either dead or asleep.
But you were fine with the headless guy in the back?:p I just put some figures in so it wouldn't be empty.
(If you don't mind, can you delete pics from your reply quotes - unless you are pointing out specific things. It slows down page loading for some people. Thanks!)

It's "finished", as much as any of my dioramas ever are. I will eventually add a vaporator and "power box", as well as some custom figures.

The floor is loose plaster, only I sprayed it several times with a fine mist of water. Now it won't (easily) shift so it won't get everywhere. It has to be a fine mist, otherwise it will melt and look like mud-not sand.

Bobbavett is coming along. I did a lot of work on the worrt, but it can't be seen.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
here's my mini creation: Coke-Bot
Looks great. I'm glad SW realized it should be endorsing Coke and not Pepsi!

(Clone Trooper on Vacation)
Fun custom and song. I used a Toy Story Jessie hat as a quick Sombrero. He also needs a bottle of Rum!

Finally finished my Knobby White Spiders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can hear the music when I see those. Hos is especially good.
Thank you very much! I used the legs off a Commtech Han Solo figure I had lying around for Hoss. He now has a new ten-gallon hat and is now taller like the real Dan Blocker. Adam has had a leg-swap and new arms (apologise of the flesh colours don't match, but I will re-do them again soon) while Little Joe has just a leg swap like Hoss, so now he is the smallest of the four. The Cartwrights now look accurate to their original TV counterparts. One day, if I get the time, money and parts, I may even try and make Candy Canaday and Griff King from the later seasons! How about that?

Utinniii

Reaction score
UPDATE: I have 2 wires to add on the front and a couple of finishing touches and the Tank itself is done. I'm also building the 3 Kyber Crates. They are mostly done, just the middle "lids" to do. Hopefully I can finish them this weekend.

You will notice I finally added NERF!!!!

Reaction score
A very small update on my custom rebel transport ; I've finally painted the locking bolt/conning tower. Progress on everything else is slow; every time I look at it there's another little detail I've missed, never mind the weathering!

Reaction score
Thank you! Until I went to look for the thread I hadn't realised how long it had been since anyone last posted.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Life gets in the way.
I did get a few things done, but didn't post them.

Here are 2
Cyclopean Monocroned Aviating Palatinate Bioform Devourer and Spaceman Spiff's Ship. When I saw it at a Dollarama I just knew I had to have it.

Some Womp Rats and a Droid

Rats were from a bag of Zombies and droid was the tip of Jyn's BFG.

Some of Kyp's crates and a generic space wall. I also have longer blast doors and a second wall. These are for photo shoots and if I ever decide to do a graphic novel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the set-up with Spaceman Spiff! The wall/corridor looks really good; I like the effect you've achieved with the greeblies.

Reaction score
It took me a while to dig out this thread; I can't believe it's been so long. Anyway, I am still working away at the rebel transport and have finally reached the point where it's ready for weathering.

Reaction score
Thank you!! I've probably said it before, but I'd never really appreciated how detailed the sculpting on the Rebel Transport was until I started painting it.

Reaction score
Apologies for digging up an old thread (and for my photography "skills") but it seemed like this was still the most relevant place for this update. I think I'm pretty much done with weathering the transport now as I wanted something fairly understated, although some of the hull is slightly dirtier looking than the photos suggest. Next step is some random bits of cargo.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Way to dig up this burried thread!

It looks much older and beat up now. The weathering looks great, and dirty is better IMO since the ships are old and an the run. I don't see the Rebels getting the wax and shine option when they fill up the tank.

I wound up giving back my transport to my cousin. It seems he still complains that his mom gave it away.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I created this thread as a way to encourage others to finish figures languishing away on their work tables or in bins somewhere. For awhile, several posters used it.
I only stopped posting when I was the only one posting since I was also posting in my own thread so posting here was redundant.

However, we've gotten more customizers since this thread was created so I will open up the invitation to everyone (both old and new) once again.

The rules are simple. Take one day a week that is good for you and instead of working on your current custom, go back and finish off something you abandoned. Then post it.

Please comment whenever someone posts. I find that I am more inspired to create when others take an interest.

The day doesn't really matter nor do you have to post it on the same day. I simply chose Tuesday for the alliteration.

Reaction score
That rebel transport is great. I have two, one from when I was a kid and another I bought years ago with the intent to do a little custom paintjob. I may have to get around to snazzing it up now after seeing that.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! Next, I'm planning some cargo for the transport and possibly a modified interior of some sort using the footprint of the action figure tray. I'm not quite sure what it's going to look like yet other than holding cargo, rebel equipment and a custom PDT - 8 I made a while back; any suggestions gratefully received!

Last edited: