Truly sad video of the original Jar Jar Binks reaction.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say never once appeared spiteful or bitter, but I will say that predominately I agree. He never was so petty as to go at it with the fans, personally criticize them for criticizing his film...unlike Rian Johnson and others over at Disney SW division now. When the people making these films can't handle the critique, well...it begs a few questions: Why are you making them? But more so, when they can't handle opinions, don't start career self-destructing and calling your very own target audience man-babies, sexists, racists, etc. Lucas never once did that. For all the hate the prequels got, he took it like a man and not like an entitled and whiny brat that didn't get their cake and eat it too.
Rian Johnson and others had death threats sent to where they live..... Those are the "fans" he is talking about when he is spiteful.

George Lucas didn't get death threats sent to him over his movies.

Do you see the difference?

Reaction score
A new admiration I've developed for George is just how cool he dealt with the fandom-- for better and for worse (and can be the oddest bunch at the extreme point— right next to the Michael Jackson creepy loons LOOL); he never once appeared spiteful, petty-- or ever spoke mockingly/disrespectfully to his fandom. Nor retaliated in such juvenile, immature manners the way that a lessor like Rian has when his Prequel was relentlessly bashed.

George was always the consummate and professional gentleman.
I think Lucas had a lot more to lose. SW was his creation and he was the face of the entire franchise. He was essentially accused of destroying the entirety of his own creation, a charge far worse than being known for making a bad entry in a storied franchise. Before TLJ, Rian Johnson's greatest claim to fame was putting Bruce Willis makeup on Joseph Gordon Levitt. He ruined something that wasn't his to begin with, and now he can go back to making crummy, pseudo-intellectual mid-level budget schlock.

Reaction score
^^^ Very true. Even beyond the business aspect, SW absolutely meant more for George in ways no one can possibly understand: It remains his identity and legacy.

Still, Rian is a part of that Disney corporate-machine, and he showed his true colors with his juvenile behaviour. SM always brings out the worst in people— but it’s also great for revealing how someone really is like... With Rian, what professional, middle-age man behaves this way??? And when he's representing an empire of a corporation like Disney, I'm embarrassed for them.

The irony of TLJ is— for all its desperate faux-progressive/pseudo-intellectaul appropriation, it stoops to the lowest of the low common denominators in its pandering to the current PC-trend and its cliché humour for a 4yo. The truth is TLJ is nothing more than a sloppy, mangled, ugly Frankenstein’s Monster cobbled together with the leftovers of ROTJ and ESB, with absolutely nothing to say— let alone fresh (other than the gimmicky virtual signalling 101)… I still sort of secretly stan TLJ as the ultimate SW-parody… And the fact that its writer and director has such an insufferable and smug attitude, and actually has the b a l l s to compare this mess to ESB, is hilariously and pathetically clueless: It’s like someone thinking a velvet Elvis painting is on the same creative level as a Matisse. I mean, can you really hate on someone that tacky and that clueless…? That’s our Rian LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rian Johnson and others had death threats sent to where they live..... Those are the "fans" he is talking about when he is spiteful.

George Lucas didn't get death threats sent to him over his movies.

Do you see the difference?
Do we have evidence that these death threats actually happened? I'm not calling Rian Johnson a liar.... oh wait, yes I am. If Rian Johnson is claiming to have recieved death threats, then it's about a 99.999999% that he's lying through his teeth.

Reaction score
Do we have evidence that these death threats actually happened? I'm not calling Rian Johnson a liar.... oh wait, yes I am. If Rian Johnson is claiming to have recieved death threats, then it's about a 99.999999% that he's lying through his teeth.
so... liable it is then

Reaction score
so... liable it is then
It's spelled "libel" and what I said in that post would qualify more as an insult to Rian Johnson, not some kind of defamation of his character that will actually do him harm. It's not libel (or slander, in the case of spoken defamation of character) unless it actually causes harm to the person it is directed at. Sorry, but I'm just not important enough to do Rian harm with my one little post up there, but thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)

Reaction score
^^^ I don’t question he received “death threats” on twitter. People sprout all sorts of hollow venom on SM, and “death threats” are as common and plaintive as any expletive: You’d have to be a sheltered delicate flower to harp on about “But Rian received death threats!” … And I’m not the least moved he received them with his smug. smarmy childish antagonizing behaviour.

I’m sure Rian took those “death threats” (which are casually mentioned in a few words and never brought up again in any serious manner on some Looper article) as that he is some legit provocateur— whose “work” is so progressive, controversial and visionary that the poor commoners couldn’t possibly understand the high intellectual concepts, thus resort to “death threats” LOL (BTW, I’ve received death threats” when I’ve absent-mindedly crossed the street against a red light, with the drivers screaming at me “Do you want me to fckin kill you, a*shole?!?!?!? … I feel you, Rian!)

Reaction score
^^^ I don’t question he received “death threats” on twitter. People sprout all sorts of hollow venom on SM, and “death threats” are as common and plaintive as any expletive: You’d have to be a sheltered delicate flower to harp on about “But Rian received death threats!” … And I’m not the least moved he received them with his smug. smarmy childish antagonizing behaviour.

I’m sure Rian took those “death threats” (which are casually mentioned in a few words and never brought up again in any serious manner on some Looper article) as that he is some legit provocateur— whose “work” is so progressive, controversial and visionary that the poor commoners couldn’t possibly understand the high intellectual concepts, thus resort to “death threats” LOL (BTW, I’ve received death threats” when I’ve absent-mindedly crossed the street against a red light, with the drivers screaming at me “Do you want me to fckin kill you, a*shole?!?!?!? … I feel you, Rian!)
Yeah, I've also received death threats, because this is the internet. I remember back in the day when death threats on the internet simply meant that your internet connection was working properly. :grin:

Reaction score
It's spelled "libel" and what I said in that post would qualify more as an insult to Rian Johnson, not some kind of defamation of his character that will actually do him harm. It's not libel (or slander, in the case of spoken defamation of character) unless it actually causes harm to the person it is directed at. Sorry, but I'm just not important enough to do Rian harm with my one little post up there, but thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)
Somebody call the WAA-mbulance cause you just got BURNED!

But of course Vicaracist_Fan won't admit he was wrong.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've also received death threats, because this is the internet. I remember back in the day when death threats on the internet simply meant that your internet connection was working properly. :grin:
Well exactly, it's not like it's a unique phenomenon in modern social media times. The very idea of Lucas never receiving death threats, firstly, is an assumption...and secondly a very uninformed on. While admittedly I also am assuming...it's far more reasonable that yes, Lucas, particularly considering the factual hate for the prequels we do know exists, did receive death threats. The difference? Lucas isn't of this new school whiny baby culture. He simply ignored it rather than broadcast it is what I'd imagine.

Reaction score
Jesus who the hell do you talk to on the internet? In all my life both in real life and online, in all the online games i've played i have never once had a death threat, not even someone joking.

Receiving death threats is not common. If it happens to you a lot you should probably look at where you are spending your time online.

Reaction score
Jesus who the hell do you talk to on the internet? In all my life both in real life and online, in all the online games i've played i have never once had a death threat, not even someone joking.

Receiving death threats is not common. If it happens to you a lot you should probably look at where you are spending your time online.
This is the most unbelievable statement ever spoken in the history of mankind!

Reaction score
Well exactly, it's not like it's a unique phenomenon in modern social media times. The very idea of Lucas never receiving death threats, firstly, is an assumption...and secondly a very uninformed on. While admittedly I also am assuming...it's far more reasonable that yes, Lucas, particularly considering the factual hate for the prequels we do know exists, did receive death threats. The difference? Lucas isn't of this new school whiny baby culture. He simply ignored it rather than broadcast it is what I'd imagine.
George’s Prequel era was from a very different time than we are in nowadays. Victimhood-culture is all the rage at the moment. It’s a cheap, predictable deflection— used to guilt people into suppressing their innate opinions that without the marketable, gimmicky identity-politics, this Sequel has nothing else going for it. It’s a typically lazy marketing move used by the lazy.

(BTW, no one in their right mind would deny that racism/sexism/bigotry/homophobia and unstable loons spewing death threats do not exist: They do. And these unfortunate traits likely do exists to some extreme extend in SW fandom (just like at the other extreme end of the loon spectrum where some will defend, attack and dismiss any criticisms of TLJ with the mindset of a zealot): Nerds can be some of the most unstable/racist/sexist/bigoted/homophobic lot... But no matter how loud one screams that Kelly Marie was unfortunately the target of racism, her character Rose remains useless, pointless, annoying and obnoxious. Kelly Marie being a “victim” of racism, doesn’t suddenly make Rose a stellar character. Just like Rian supposedly receiving “death threats”, doesn’t make TLJ suddenly a competent film.)

Reaction score
farmer;20174718[COLOR=#000000 said:

[/COLOR](BTW, no one in their right mind would deny that racism/sexism/bigotry/homophobia and unstable loons spewing death threats do not exist: They do. And these unfortunate traits likely do exists to some extreme extend in SW fandom (just like at the other extreme end of the loon spectrum where some will defend, attack and dismiss any criticisms of TLJ with the mindset of a zealot): Nerds can be some of the most unstable/racist/sexist/bigoted/homophobic lot... But no matter how loud one screams that Kelly Marie was unfortunately the target of racism, her character Rose remains useless, pointless, annoying and obnoxious. Kelly Marie being a “victim” of racism, doesn’t suddenly make Rose a stellar character. Just like Rian supposedly receiving “death threats”, doesn’t make TLJ suddenly a competent film.)

Bigbarda does course i don't think he is in his right mind.

And yes I do agree 100% its perfectly valid to have the opinion that Rose sucks as a character the issue comes when you start using racist terms to describe her or say she was only added for diversty.

Kelly Marie being a “victim” of racism, doesn’t suddenly make Rose a stellar character. Just like Rian supposedly receiving “death threats”, doesn’t make TLJ suddenly a competent film.)
I've never heard anyone make that argument.

I have heard people say that TLJ sucks BECAUSE of diversty which that of course is racist

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let's talk about the "other side" of the fandom for a moment. Not the side that Vicaracist_Fan calls racist and Ruin Johnson calls manbabies.
Let's talk about the side that loves The Last Jedi.

Here's a quick video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsl66EFg3V4

Now how are these people better than the people that are being called racist for not liking Rose Tico? (note they don't like Rose Tico, they say nothing about Kelly Marie Tran) Or the people making so called death threats to Ruin Johnson?
But the media isn't reporting about these people. The media is not calling them out for making threats.

Why is that?

Reaction score
Let's talk about the "other side" of the fandom for a moment. Not the side that Vicaracist_Fan calls racist and Ruin Johnson calls manbabies.
Let's talk about the side that loves The Last Jedi.

Here's a quick video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsl66EFg3V4

Now how are these people better than the people that are being called racist for not liking Rose Tico? (note they don't like Rose Tico, they say nothing about Kelly Marie Tran) Or the people making so called death threats to Ruin Johnson?
But the media isn't reporting about these people. The media is not calling them out for making threats.

Why is that?
you posted a video.. that uses 4chan as a source....

Reaction score
do you not know what 4chan is....

i mean its ok if you don't.
I do know what 4chan is.
And not all of it comes from there, some is from Twitter, which you use for a source all the time.

The truth is out there.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
oh look at that it looks like it was one person

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/9l3hmj/totally_sane_adam_driver_stalker_has_totally_not/

so it took 5 seconds of googling to debunk your claim there was a mass of crazy fans doxxing Adam driver.
Wow you're stupid.

Read that entire thread. It says "group of people" all over the place.
Just like there was a "group of people" threatening Ruin Johnson.

If you debunk this, then you have to debunk the Kelly Marie Tran and Ruin Johnson stuff as being done "by just one guy."

All I'm saying is there are crazies on both sides.
And you're one of them.

Reaction score
Wow you're stupid.

Read that entire thread. It says "group of people" all over the place.
Just like there was a "group of people" threatening Ruin Johnson.

If you debunk this, then you have to debunk the Kelly Marie Tran and Ruin Johnson stuff as being done "by just one guy."

All I'm saying is there are crazies on both sides.
And you're one of them.
thats not how anything works.... so if the cops wrongly arrest someone that doesn't mean they release every single person...

Reaction score
Bigbarda does course i don't think he is in his right mind.

And yes I do agree 100% its perfectly valid to have the opinion that Rose sucks as a character the issue comes when you start using racist terms to describe her or say she was only added for diversty.

I've never heard anyone make that argument.

I have heard people say that TLJ sucks BECAUSE of diversty which that of course is racist
Either you’re being deliberately misleading to further the false narrative that all criticisms are from people that don’t like this Sequel are purely based on the “(racially-)diverse” casting, or you’re just glibly naive. Not a single criticism on this forum has been slamming the Sequel characters because they’re POC. It’s because identity-politcs is the only factor in these characters is the reason members are so critical of this Sequel. RO has solid cast of characters— which just happens to be also racially-diverse. That’s how you introduce diversity to a story: Write a solid story about solid characters first and foremost. You know, show-- don't tell.

Whether that was your intention or not, the impression you’ve given by bringing up Rian’s “death threats” (in a few threads already) do imply some level of deflection. Otherwise, why bring it up? Same with Kelly Marie receiving racist spams. It’s unfortunate that both her and Rian received such vitriol, but at the same time, it comes with the territory of overzealous fandom that do not like what they were presented with and take it out on these people like a petulant child (and SW fans can be some of the creepiest bunch). But that doesn't represent the majority of people that are critical. I don’t condone it, but some people exploiting “victimhood” for a multitude of reasons— seems mainly to shut down the criticisms and manipulate a sympathetic reaction, doesn’t discount that Rian's writing/direction and her character were awful.

I’ve made myself clear that I do believe Rian did receive “death threats”. I also made it clear that the impression is that he’s always presented himself as a junivele antagonist towards his critics, and likely never took them seriously, and rather mentioned the “death threats" as some sort of badge of honour as some sign that he’s such a provocative filmmaker, he’s able to elicit such a response from the SW weirdos. Whatever.

And we all know how dangerously unstable some of these SW weirdos are. From both ends of the fandom...

Reaction score
RO has solid cast of characters— which just happens to be also racially-diverse.
Mmmm, I don't think it did just happen to be racially diverse. That cast was was chosen very deliberately. I don't think there was any "happens" about it, to be honest, Farmer. For instance, Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen were specifically cast because they were Chinese and Disney were trying to chase all that renminbi.

Their transparent sales gimmick failed gloriously though.

What happens to have happened with the cast of 'Rogue One', however, was that they were good and well written characters that meant something and felt like a real part of the story that was unfolding on the screen. Unlike the sequels, where none of that ever happens, not even for a second.

Reaction score
^^^ I agree with you, Apologies my post wasn't clear about that: Disney is all about affirmative action first and foremost. Fortunately, RO just happens to have a writer/director who was talented and intelligent to write solid characters in a solid story.

Reaction score
Either you’re being deliberately misleading to further the false narrative that all criticisms are from people that don’t like this Sequel are purely based on the “(racially-)diverse” casting, or you’re just glibly naive. Not a single criticism on this forum has been slamming the Sequel characters because they’re POC. It’s because identity-politcs is the only factor in these characters is the reason members are so critical of this Sequel. RO has solid cast of characters— which just happens to be also racially-diverse. That’s how you introduce diversity to a story: Write a solid story about solid characters first and foremost. You know, show-- don't tell.

Whether that was your intention or not, the impression you’ve given by bringing up Rian’s “death threats” (in a few threads already) do imply some level of deflection. Otherwise, why bring it up? Same with Kelly Marie receiving racist spams. It’s unfortunate that both her and Rian received such vitriol, but at the same time, it comes with the territory of overzealous fandom that do not like what they were presented with and take it out on these people like a petulant child (and SW fans can be some of the creepiest bunch). But that doesn't represent the majority of people that are critical. I don’t condone it, but some people exploiting “victimhood” for a multitude of reasons— seems mainly to shut down the criticisms and manipulate a sympathetic reaction, doesn’t discount that Rian's writing/direction and her character were awful.

I’ve made myself clear that I do believe Rian did receive “death threats”. I also made it clear that the impression is that he’s always presented himself as a junivele antagonist towards his critics, and likely never took them seriously, and rather mentioned the “death threats" as some sort of badge of honour as some sign that he’s such a provocative filmmaker, he’s able to elicit such a response from the SW weirdos. Whatever.

And we all know how dangerously unstable some of these SW weirdos are. From both ends of the fandom...

no you are combining several different things

1. Yes there has been criticisms on this forum slamming the sequel characters because they're POC there have been several people who said they were there because of Diversity and a SJW agenda
2. No i never used them as deflections I have said MANY times that there are legitimate reasons and valid criticisms of the sequel trilogy. The only time I have talked about the Death Threats is when people say Rian Johnson is a snowflake or such. I have never once said the death threats are a reason not to criticize the film.
3. The only people Rian has been "juvenile" to is the people who sent death threats.

From both ends? WTF are you talking about? I have been doxxed on these forums there is only 1 said that has sent death threats and done this BS. Don't even try to take the Trump stance on white nationalists.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^ I am "combining"-- relating the racist/sexist/bigoted/homophobic/"death threats" accusations into the relevancy of the targeted individuals’ SW characters because that is the relevant topic here: Extreme reactions to actors of SW. Kathy/JJ/Rian has insisted gender/identity-politcs be a part of their nuSW, yet sadly other than their gender/identity politics, White Saviour complex, and harping on the “inclusivity/diversity” marketing gimmick, there’s nothing else of substance or note to these characters and their story: No compelling, strong story nor interesting, strong characters.

(LOL Yes, I did misspell “juvenile”… No need to point this out: It’s not like you’ve never misspelled any word in any of your posts, right?)

From both ends? WTF are you talking about? I have been doxxed on these forums there is only 1 said that has sent death threats and done this BS. Don't even try to take the Trump stance on white nationalists.
Oh dear… The complete lack of self-awareness of this statement is astounding. I’m going to leave it at that.