TRU UK markdowns

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've heard a rumour that TRU is (or will be) reducing their figures to £2.99. I checked my local branch but they were still £6.00. If anyone has any info please contact me directly via the e-mail address below.

Thanks

Jeremy

Reaction score
With all the stuff we are missing in France, i may take a few days off and cross the channel within the next few months

Reaction score
Interesting finds today-Woolworths hav reduced their very basic figs to £3.99 and speeders to £9.99. Nothing on anything else.
The Entertainer have various knockdowns, but the best I found was from a little private retailer.
He had Lott Dod, Teemto, Watto, Padme Pilot for £3.99. He had £12.99 on Jedi Fighters and £20 on Slave 1, £6.99 on speeders and £7.99 on ALL unleashed, inc Dooku.
I asked him why so cheap, and he told me that Hasbro, because of the price-fixing scam, had dumped a load of stuff cheap to retailers, but prices would go up again later on.
I don't know the truth of this-we all know dealers who spin good yarns (especially when they want top bucks for something!), but it is good news, so keep an eye out.
Sadly, no army builders were included-I could have done with some Geonosians! All the reduced ones I found were individual characters.

G

Its about time we got a clearance. My TRU still has 25th anniversary sets at full price!

Reaction score
Was this a one day sale or something as I was in TRU Thurrock yesterday and all their figures were still (or back to) £5.99

Still I did pick up a Lego Tecnic Stormtrooper for £15 (reduced from £27) from The Entertainer in Lakeside so it wasn't all a wasted trip

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not a one day sale - though TRU have yet to receive their stock. They should be launching their sale in a week or so.

Jeremy

G

I picked up a mega-flippin' Kenobi on Boxing Day for 5.99 at Woolies, so it seems that deluxe prices are down too.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the price tips at Woolies guys. I've just posted them on the main page.

Jeremy