TRU Lego R2-D2 model sweepstakes

Reaction score
At the Toys R Us web site through Amazon.com ther is a new sweepstakes for a Lego R2-D2 droid model. The model is apprased at $1800, and it stands 12.5 inches tall and has over 800 pieces. Looks pretty sweet. Check out other detail with picture here.

Reaction score
Thanks
smile.gif
News posted.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Someone is smoking crack if they think it is worth $1800. Doesn't look difficult to reproduce if you have the bricks. Less than $100 if buying the bricks from bricknet sonsidering there are 800 in it.

Reaction score
I think the over 50 hours of development for a single piece has more to do with the appraised value than what you physically get.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Is this the same piece that was a Target giveaway a few years ago? It looks very similar.

Anybody have any idea what the Target R2s go for nowadays? I've been wanting to pick one up and have been watching ebay, but haven't seen one yet. Does anybody have any plans for building one? I thought I saw them after the giveaway but can seem to find them again. Any help on both fronts is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Why does it say "no purchase necessary" and then say you're automatically entered when you "BUY"...
Isn't that a purchase???

Reaction score
Oops, my bad, when you click the rules, they do have instructions to send in an entry...

Reaction score
^ 15 year necrobump!

Does anyone remember anything about this giveaway? I've spent an hour trying to research it and can't find anything on it. No pics, no references and no old URLs... anyone?