TROS Value Line

Reaction score
I really like 5 POA, and happily buy them - were these 3 POA like the value figures from previous movies - maybe I'd pick some up if they were 3.75 scale. I'm not interested in pre-posed plastic globs though - these aren't action figures. Disney already has a line of statues, and they look better - these just look cheap, like a happy meal toy. I knew for $3 we shouldn't expect much, but this is another level of sad. I'm cool with pvc creatures (like the Womp Rat) with no articulation, because they're accessories to figures, but the characters themselves need some articulation.

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBPLarsHomestead.asp

Reaction score
Hey that Luke is on one of his most memorable poses on Jabba's barge deck! :hmm:
Too bad it's the wrong outfit. If these had been Unleashed style dynamic sculpts or super-iconic poses, they'd have been neat. This is just pointless instead.

Wake me when Hasbro releases figures like Holdo, Dryden Vos, Cliegg Lars and Ackmena in this line-up!

Reaction score
Hasbro is doing a great job...of keeping money in my pocket. Went out this morning and saw nothing new. Came home and looked online, only to find that scalping has already begun. I'm sure a couple of weeks after the movie, all this stuff will be on sale.

Reaction score
This is straight up garbage.
Surely Hasbro knows this is a waste of time, money and resources for them. One of the biggest complaints about the new trilogy and spin-off lines was the lack of articulation and paint apps and their solution is reduce them both even further? I can't believe this is how it ends for 3.75. I know there's TVC, but they'll never offer us enough characters to make it a core line. The fact that there are only four new TROS figures (Poe is an updated re-release) to coincide with the movie's launch is proof of that.

Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but even as young kid I always preferred the more realistically sculpted and bettet articulated figures. It's one reason I latched onto GI Joe as a kid and wished my Star Wars figures could be like GI Joe. Kids would like TVC if they were into the characters and stories. IMO making something more cutesy and stylized won't help get kids into Star Wars toys. That has to be accomplished before they even walk into the toy aisle. They need to go to the store already wanting Star Wars toys.

Reaction score
I agree, sharky. I wanted my toys to be as real as possible in the 80's. TVC line meets my expectations of what I wanted as a kid. More investment should be made into TVC instead of coming up with dumb plastic trash. I wouldn't subject my kid to this if I had one.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a detail I didn't need to focus on, lol - maybe its Chewbacca's wife, Malla from the Holiday Special? I just cant believe their descriptions - claiming something has basic articulation, when it has none is false advertising, right? Articulation implies moving parts. Same goes for accessories - these aren't separate pieces, they're part of the sculpt, save for the lightsaber blades. I'm curious to see if they actually have characters from ROS, since these are all classic OT. Has anyone spotted them at retail - or even looked for that matter? lol

Reaction score
For $3 I'll pick up a few and throw them in a Toys for Tots around Christmas time. You know for kids that may not be as fortunate as us.

What are you guys complaining about? These aren't even made for "us". It's the most basic of basic and I don't see a problem with it. These didn't replace the precious 5POA basic line. The better articulated $9.99 GoA line did.

Reaction score
I had held out (foolish) hope that these would be decent enough to mitigate the loss of the 5POA line, allowing for more characters and background fodder to be purchased at a cheap price. As Obi-wan said about thinking he could train Anakin as well as Yoda: I was wrong.

Reaction score
Hasbro also confirmed at NYCC that they are indeed 4 inches, saying they are slightly larger than the 3.75 scale. I wont be buying any for myself, nor to donate - I don't give garbage as gifts, I only buy items that I would own myself.

Reaction score
Actually guys, we should pay attention to this line. We'll be seeing these "figures" a few years from now in "Identify this toy" threads from buyers of Epay lots...

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how these even remotely resemble what they said in their statement, about this line being highly detailed and articulated figures?
Did I miss something, or confuse what was written.

These are nothing more that Hallmark ornaments w/o the cool sounds. However, for $3 I wasn't expecting much and am not surprised by what they turned out to be.

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how these even remotely resemble what they said in their statement, about this line being highly detailed and articulated figures?
Did I miss something, or confuse what was written.

These are nothing more that Hallmark ornaments w/o the cool sounds. However, for $3 I wasn't expecting much and am not surprised by what they turned out to be.
You are correct. Here is part of the announcement:

"Featuring movie-inspired design and basic articulation, the figures in this series allow fans and collectors alike to imagine the world of STAR WARS in action. Recreate favorite moments of excitement and intrigue from the STAR WARS Galaxy or imagine new stories and missions! Each 4-inch scale STAR WARS figure comes with a fun accessory to add to the excitement of bold space adventures, including DARTH VADER’S and LUKE SKYWALKER’S Lightsabers, CHEWBACCA’S bowcaster, and STORMTROOPER blasters. “

Reaction score
Whenever I see something that hairy, I'm not even gonna think about looking at that region!

Utinniii

Reaction score
I saw a couple of these ar EB Games. I didn't see the price. Vader's blade was a separate piece.
I can see getting a Stormtrooper or 2 (deep clearance) to stick in the back of a diorama but that is about it.

Reaction score
I spotted them at Five Below as well, and they cost 75 cents more than the basic 5 POA figures right next to them, lol! I honestly think they look like Happy Meal toys, I would never buy them, and frankly they shouldn't exist - its wasteful to create a product like this that will gather dust and be thrown away. If consumers want a lower priced alternative to TVC, the various basic lines from the last couple years are available at reasonable prices for a quality figure - these are unreasonable prices for junk.