TROS Value Line

Reaction score
5” right? Not 4”?

VALUE FIGURES

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER 4-INCH VALUE FIGURES Assortment
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $2.99Available: Fall 2019)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The article says 4... unless [/FONT]it's[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] a mistake. Galaxy of adventures is said to be 5.[/FONT]

Reaction score
As a follow-up on Twitter, Jayson at Yakface says it's just "rounding up," implying that this is a budget 3.75" line. For what that's worth.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1177324043059548161

i Don't know. At a price point of $2.99? This can't be anything to be even remotely excited about. I think the days of a wide release 3 3/4 inch Star Wars line is over. it's all Vintage collection and Black series from here on in. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Reaction score
The "value" figures were released before, at places like Big Lots and other discount stores, they had a 6 inch line, but they were actually 5 inch figures. These are labeled 4 inch, but will likely be slightly smaller, hitting the 3.75 scale. The issue though, those previous figures were 3 POA if I recall correctly, and they featured lackluster paint and cheap plastic. For $3, I don't think we cant expect much, but at least it might help expand the 3.75 offerings. Who knows, maybe it will perfectly meet a demand - because many people weren't fond of paying $8+ for basic figures. I don't know why its so difficult to release 5 POA for $5, made with the same quality plastic as TVC. They did it when the Legends / Rebels line was born, and those were some good figures.

Reaction score
OK, wow, yet another line.

VALUE FIGURES

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER 4-INCH VALUE FIGURES Assortment
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $2.99Available: Fall 2019)

The article says 4... unless it's a mistake. Galaxy of adventures is said to be 5.

Reaction score
It could be a lower price without having voice chips or extra accessories. Just one blaster/saber each.
That would be awesome if it turns out to be the case. I, among others have been asking for a no frills basic assortment at a lower pricepoint. At $3 though, I'm not sure we can even expect 5 POA - my guess is still that they'll be 3 POA like the others that were at discount stores in previous years. Hopefully the quality is at least better though.

Reaction score
That would be awesome if it turns out to be the case. I, among others have been asking for a no frills basic assortment at a lower pricepoint. At $3 though, I'm not sure we can even expect 5 POA - my guess is still that they'll be 3 POA like the others that were at discount stores in previous years. Hopefully the quality is at least better though.
I guess we'll find out next Friday.

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming value line till we know more :)

Reaction score
Even though I know better, This could be a great way to get background figures who would otherwise not get made.

Reaction score
I'm keeping my expectations low, because I've found nothing on the web about this line - it doesn't seem like Hasbro is even promoting it with photos, and no websites seem to have details outside the blurb in the press release.

Reaction score
I hate to be negative, but it wouldn't surprise me if this line consisted of only main characters and bad guy troopers.

I'd love to see more variety with this line as we never got any Rebel troopers in the 5 POA line.

Probably the only way we'd get any Rebel troopers in this line is if they did a multipack but that doesn't seem likely since they want to keep costs so low with this line, although, I guess 2-packs would still be pretty cheap.

I'm really curious to see which stores will actually carry this line.

I guess we'll find out within a week.

Reaction score
I think these are like the marvel heroes they had at family dollar 3poa. Now everyoune that cried about 5poa get to cry a little harder. Those swivel at the hips and the arms move up and down.

Reaction score
TBH, I'm not expecting much for $3. Not when 5POA was $8-9, and those wee actually stunning looking sculpt wise. For the most part.

But figures for less than half that? I can't imagine the would have any articulation at all, and the paint apps would harken back to 1980's era.

Reaction score
My guess, minimal paint apps, pre-posed statues. Similar to the stuff you see at Disney. And the frustrating thing will be the character selection will go deeper than the 10 figures TVC will top out at.

Reaction score
Since we are not getting Kylo, old man Lando, Finn or Poe in adventure outfit figures in the vintage collection... hoping they at least make these charaters so we have some representation in 3-4 inch form! No way will i buy those GOA 5 inch anime figures!!!

Im still just stunned there are no 3.75 figures (other than 5 in vintage collection) for the final Skywalker film after 40+years?!?!?

Reaction score
As a 3.75" collector, I'm more excited (or at least interested) about this line than I am any other. Hard to believe with all the leaks we've got nothing for this value line.

Reaction score
As a 3.75" collector, I'm more excited (or at least interested) about this line than I am any other. Hard to believe with all the leaks we've got nothing for this value line.

Hopefully we'll get some info from Hasbro themselves on Sunday at their New York Comic Con presentation.

Reaction score
TBH, I'm not expecting much for $3. Not when 5POA was $8-9, and those wee actually stunning looking sculpt wise. For the most part.

But figures for less than half that? I can't imagine the would have any articulation at all, and the paint apps would harken back to 1980's era.
I could see simplified packaging and no accessories getting a 5POA down to $3. Playmates made pretty chunky 5POA 5" figures for TMNT for 5below stores recently.

Reaction score
You guys see this press release from Hasbro regarding the value line:

[FONT=&quot]Imagine being at the center of the biggest action battles in the galaxy with these 4-inch figures inspired by [/FONT]STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER[FONT=&quot]! Featuring movie-inspired design and basic articulation, the figures in this series allow fans and collectors alike to imagine the world of [/FONT]STAR WARS[FONT=&quot] in action. Recreate favorite moments of excitement and intrigue from the [/FONT]STAR WARS[FONT=&quot] Galaxy or imagine new stories and missions! Each 4-inch scale [/FONT]STAR WARS[FONT=&quot] figure comes with a fun accessory to add to the excitement of bold space adventures, including DARTH VADER’S and LUKE SKYWALKER’S Lightsabers, CHEWBACCA’S bowcaster, and STORMTROOPER blasters. Each figure sold separately. Includes figure and accessory. Available at select retailers.

Interesting that the line for TROS contains Vader...[/FONT]

Reaction score
Uh oh - might be a spoiler! ;) So no websites seem to have details about this line, so we're going to have to check retail to see whats out there. Who knows if they'll even be out tomorrow...

Utinniii

Reaction score
I didn't. I'm speculating from the press release. Sorry, I could have been clearer. It said we are getting Vader, Luke, Chewie, and a Stormtrooper which all were in that line.

Maybe they will be singles of the 2packs that are coming out, but unchromed .

Reaction score
Sooo, these seem to be the tube figures repackaged but without the comic. Boring same figures anyway.
If so, that was one damn expensive Comic! lol
Then again i haven't bought one in years, so i have no idea how expensive they are today. Could very well be $5.

This all said. Why end the 5PoA line, if they were planning this one that's basically the same scale minus the Force Link chip? Is it simply a re-branding of "Force Link", which allows for them to be cheaper? If so then i could be on board for a few characters if not released in TVC. If they're basically 5PoA w/o the chip that is.

Reaction score
Are they gold...i wont buy them unless they are gold.....said no one ever.

Reaction score
Assuming these are 5 POA with the great sculpts seen in the Solo line for example, will probably leave us all bummed out when they're found at retail. The previous value lines were nothing of the sort - they were 3 POA (no hip articulation), hollow / cheap plastic, limited paint applications, etc. Here is a review from youtube, if anyone hasnt seen them before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJvPWWXFXso

If this is the basic 5 POA line being repackaged, I'd be shocked. If anyone spots these online or at retail tomorrow, do post.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I think it could be molds we've already seen but with cheaper plastic and fused limbs. They might look more like Dollar Store Army men than any SW figures we've seen to date. The limbs might even be hollow or missing the back.

We will see. We'll get what we pay for, most likely.

Reaction score
My guess, minimal paint apps, pre-posed statues. Similar to the stuff you see at Disney. And the frustrating thing will be the character selection will go deeper than the 10 figures TVC will top out at.
YES! These are pieces of **** but YES! I was right lol. Yeah, that's all I cared about. Although I'm sure I'll be wrong with the character selection...but you never know. It's not like TVC is going to pump out characters at a decent pace.

Reaction score
These are comically pathetic - glad I didnt expect much of anything, Hasbro is at an all-time low.

Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who cares.......

(assuming they actually are the same size as the 1:18th) If these were only background characters that might never get a chance at a full articulated figure. Would you'd be interested in them or is the statue thing a hard pass reguardless of the character?

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'd buy some for my dioramas. POA isn't a big concern for me. I might also buy some just for their heads/hands and customize them, especially if they make good "generic backgrounders" as well.