Troop Builder 7-Pack (Amazon exclusive)

Reaction score
"Take command with this 7 figure Troop Builder Pack including Captain Phasma, First Order Stormtrooper, First Order Flametrooper, First Order Snowtrooper, First Order TIE Fighter Pilot, First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper, and First Order Heavy Artillery Stormtrooper."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011EG5DNM/

I'm pre-ordering this set, it comes with 2 exclusive troopers, and it saves me from hunting down all the others.

Reaction score
This is great. Hasbro usually lacked troop builder packs (except for Clones which I don't care about). Too bad I didn't see this sooner. Would have saved me from buying Phasma now.

Reaction score
Amazon has $25 off $100 select Star War items including the new Force Awakens toys like this and Poe's X-Wing. So you can get this plus an X-Wing and another Stormtrooper filler and get $25 off. You can also buy 2 of these plus a Stormtrooper filler. And then get the X-Wing plus a bunch of other figures and get a second $25 off with a separate order. This totally rocks over B&M MM.

Reaction score
I never understood why lines like Star Wars or GI Joe never had troop builder sets back in the heyday for kids playing with the toys. Something like a 5 pack of plain vanilla Stormtroopers or a three pack of Cobra Vipers would have been cool for kids in the 70s and 80s and wouldn't have required all the peg hunting to find another cannon fodder figure for our heroes to smite.

Reaction score
I never understood why lines like Star Wars or GI Joe never had troop builder sets back in the heyday for kids playing with the toys. Something like a 5 pack of plain vanilla Stormtroopers or a three pack of Cobra Vipers would have been cool for kids in the 70s and 80s and wouldn't have required all the peg hunting to find another cannon fodder figure for our heroes to smite.
Parents often didn't buy kids something they already had. I've heard that from collectors over the years, that when they were kids their parents wouldn't buy them more troopers because "they already had that one".

Reaction score
Nice set, good price when you average them out too. Looks like they are making sure Phasma is available a bunch of different ways. Could be good, could also lead to people unloading their extra's on ebay.

Reaction score
They did have some for gi joe in the catalogs I got one year for christmas a pack of cobra troopers 2 were packed with different weapons one a bazooka and one a mortar

Reaction score
I remember getting a set of 5 GI Joe figres w/a cassette tape . Different decos for Leatherneck, Wet Suit, Dial Tone, Mainframe and LT Claymore.

Reaction score
Are these all straight repacks? The snow trooper looks different. What about the weapons. Are any of those unique?

Reaction score
Are these all straight repacks? The snow trooper looks different. What about the weapons. Are any of those unique?
Everything is a straight repack beside the new accessories for the Riot Control and Heavy Ordinance Stormtroopers likely to be exclusive to this pack. So if you want every First Order variant don't miss out on this one!

Reaction score
Parents often didn't buy kids something they already had. I've heard that from collectors over the years, that when they were kids their parents wouldn't buy them more troopers because "they already had that one".
As usual, I realize I am weird, but in my family, " you can never have too many stormtroopers" became a saying after I consoled two aunts who hadn't checked with each other while shopping, with that phrase at Christmas, 1980. One of them sent me several potf2 stormtroopers in 1996, and has now turned her army building focus on my son.

But anyway, I'm afraid my son has definitely learned to appreciate army building. And also the whole "oh, yeah, I have Luke, but this is him in his Bespin outfit" silliness. Man, Kenner really had their way with me.

GNT

Reaction score
It's a nice pack that covers all the FO bases, I do wish they left Phasma out and replaced her with another trooper for those that buy multiple packs, who wants an army of her? (she's pretty sweet looking though) :p

Reaction score
It's a nice pack that covers all the FO bases, I do wish they left Phasma out and replaced her with another trooper for those that buy multiple packs, who wants an army of her? (she's pretty sweet looking though) :p
Maybe we can try to make an unhelmeted version with the extra...

If she even ever unhelmets.

Reaction score
So I preordered this set from Amazon on September 11 and the ship date was in November.. I just received and email from Amazon that the date had to be pushed back to February of 2016! What's going on at Hasbro? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just got an email indicating the new estimated arrival date for this is February 3, 2016!!!

Anyone else receive this email?

What gives? Poor distribution and planning on Hasbro's part again???

Reaction score
received the same email. I'm guessing that Hasbro is trying to slowly roll out the TFA product to ride the cash train as long as possible.

Reaction score
Got the same email this morning, but since I am between jobs right now I am actually okay with the delay (a minority opinion, I realize).

Reaction score
I got the same email too.
Btw, it's listed as a 6-Pack, but clearly according to the pictures.. it's a 7-Pack.

Reaction score
Same here on the email from Amazon. Waiting sucks but it will be nice that money can be spread out and not all spent in one bunch over the next few months.

Reaction score
received the same email. I'm guessing that Hasbro is trying to slowly roll out the TFA product to ride the cash train as long as possible.
That is not what is actually happening. They are swamped and have production scale issues. This is nothing new and will only become worse as SW fandom spikes with the new generation and all new movies.

Reaction score
Just got an email indicating the new estimated arrival date for this is February 3, 2016!!!

Anyone else receive this email?

What gives? Poor distribution and planning on Hasbro's part again???

5POA is hard

Reaction score
This is just yet another sad example of where we are heading............heck, where we have already come.
Too bad man, takes like 75% of the fun(if not more) out of collecting. This stinks. Bad.

Reaction score
This is just yet another sad example of where we are heading............heck, where we have already come.
Too bad man, takes like 75% of the fun(if not more) out of collecting. This stinks. Bad.
Are you serious? Thumbs down on the best TFA 3.75" product yet made? Because you believe that each figure should be collected individually on their own cardbacks? And then hunting them all down one by one? Trying to understand your complaint. You can skip the items you don't want in your collection. This is actually great for army collectors like me. I could never get enough Stormtroopers (I mean I have hundreds, but would still buy more). Hasbro made many Clonetrooper packs (did you forget those?), but I hate the Clonetrooper design. I love the First Order design, so the more avenues of collecting them, the better.

Reaction score
I really hope they start accepting more preorders for these around Christmas. I just recently found out about it and I really want those two exclusive troopers.

Anybody remember what the retail price (USD) was for this? Amazon won't show it now that they're sold out.

Reaction score
I really hope they start accepting more preorders for these around Christmas. I just recently found out about it and I really want those two exclusive troopers.

Anybody remember what the retail price (USD) was for this? Amazon won't show it now that they're sold out.
im still guessing that the riot control and heavy gunners will be single carded at some point too. Maybe the next wave?

Reaction score
im still guessing that the riot control and heavy gunners will be single carded at some point too. Maybe the next wave?
If they are, I'll be picking them up. It's the only reason I want this set.

But if they do, then what was the point of making them an exclusive set? Especially now that they're being pushed back until February.

Any idea what the price point on this was?

Reaction score

and by the way Lak, every time I see your name I think of this comic from the old Toy Fair magazine with the creation of the name: Me lack sieve rack. Apparently the need for a display rack for a culinary straining seive.

And it still makes me chuckle.

Reaction score
If they are, I'll be picking them up. It's the only reason I want this set.

But if they do, then what was the point of making them an exclusive set? Especially now that they're being pushed back until February.

Any idea what the price point on this was?
just under $50 bucks

Reaction score
and by the way Lak, every time I see your name I think of this comic from the old Toy Fair magazine with the creation of the name: Me lack sieve rack. Apparently the need for a display rack for a culinary straining seive.

And it still makes me chuckle.
Is that really where it came from?? That's awesome!
It was one of my favorite toys/characters as a kid during the POTF2 line.
Shame they replaced the character in the special editions.