Reaction score
ToyHavoc Presents:

Tri-Valley Comic Book and Collectible Show
Saturday April 30,2011
Alameda County Fairgrounds
5401 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton, CA 94566
General Admission 9 AM - 4 PM
$5 Adults and $2 Children under 12

Lots of comics, vintage/new toys, ufc/wrestling & tv show/movie autographs & other collectibles. Visit www.toyhavoc.com for more info.

Reaction score
Last time I was there it wasn't worth the look or the money. Maybe 10 vendors tops with hardly any items to sell. How many vendors can we expect at this show?

Reaction score
This show is a work in progress, Dec 5th was our first show. At this moment we have 18 dealers lined up, more star wars, gi joes, dc universe, marvel universe, transformers vintage stuff, comics, video games, art, autographes & much more. We will also have Comic Artist James "Hawk5" Bryson. The only way to keep a show in this area & to get it to grow is with support. Hope to see you there. Let me know if you have any more questions. Visit our website also www.toyhavoc.com

Reaction score
Well I like the fact your trying to start a new trend out in the East Bay like they've been doing in San Jose for quite a few years now. I'll take a look again seeing it's so cheap.

Reaction score
I'll bring my brother and swing by. Sounds cool!

Reaction score
Any dealer info - one thing for sure is if this thing is limited to the same 'ole scalpers who hoard everything once the stores open and charge outrageous prices for the stuff than I guarantee this show will fail. Open it up to collectors looking to unload extra stuff with the potential to swap with other collectors and thereby allowing for some good prices than you may attract alot more people. Oh yeah, that website could use some work too...

Reaction score
@ tk421_1_2 San Jose show that you promoted in the other thread is 85% "same ole scalpers". Show is open to whoever wants to sell collectibles. I don't discriminate; $75 a table.
To anybody that is coming to the show, thanks for your support.

Reaction score
There is a dearth of both toy stores and toy shows here in the bay area, especially in the east bay. How is it that areas like Arizona have a major collecting community yet the bay area has nothing?

I'm not just talking vintage toys or current releases but also 1/6th scale and high end items. It's sad really.

Reaction score
California is a very expensive state to do business in, everybody wants a piece of the action city, county & state. I have to pay for permits & taxes it adds up very quickly.

Reaction score
I could imagine. I work in Alameda county and I know first hand how difficult county tax auditors can be. At times it seems as if city, county and state guidelines are designed to discourage entrepreneurs/business in general more than anything.

Reaction score
I'll be there selling Star Wars, GI Joe, MU, Transformers, DCUC, Mcfarlane Sportspicks. I'll have great prices and willing to deal.

I've been selling at the San Jose Show for 10+ years and I'm going to give this a try. It sounds like it has potential. And if it wasn't for us so called "scalpers" that have stuff that some people do not, there wouldn't be Toy Shows going on. We are not here to give our collection away. We are here to complete yours. And if people were to get out in the hunt more often, they would notice that early morning store hunters are mainly collectors themselves.