Tri-logo General Madine MOC .99 cents??

Reaction score
Often times that shows a sellers confidence in its authenticity. Lots of fakers start at a huge figure or set a huge reserve beacuase ther're scared everyone will know and they'll get the real value. IMHO..

Reaction score
6 days. thats plenty. I've seen some really expensive stuff stay in the $100 ball park until the last 12 hrs.

[ 01-15-2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: cargoscout ]

Reaction score
Also if it is real and the seller knows what its worth i don't see a problem with starting the auction at 99p as it limits listings fees to a minimum.
The seller knows that the figure will end at what its worth and there's no way that a genuine tri madine will finish at a low price.

Del

Reaction score
Originally posted by cargoscout:
6 days. thats plenty. I've seen some really expensive stuff stay in the $100 ball park until the last 12 hrs.
<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry i meant how long until that auction ends early due to an off ebay offer

del

Reaction score
OK, I thought you meant there wasn't much time left or something. Didn't really get the first post.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bounty-hunter01:
It cant be real...lol Who would start A Tri-logo Madine off at .99 cents??
<font size="2" face="arial">I start all my auctions at $0.01 because on eBay you pay an insertion price. Just saves some money by starting a low price.

Reaction score
starting the auction at a minimal price is a good thing as you advertise the fact that there`s no reserve and everyone as a chance to have a go.like all auctions should do.personnaly i would have put a good reserve on that.but i know the value and maybe just maybe he or she doen`t know.

Reaction score
what does everyone think a general madine tri logo will go for on ebay? any guesses?

Reaction score
well it would say £2500+ it appears to be in good condition the only problem with half h bubbles is they tend to lift at the bottom.

Reaction score
Pity you outed this auction out as now for sure if its real,it will finish at a hefty premium with all these scummers knowing about it, as before although still would have finished high, maybe a few less people would have known about it to bid, so someone could have got it a bit cheaper as not every week people search for a madine , unlike me

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Palitoy 12:
sorry folks but this one looks real to me and i know about palitoy,maybe the seller doesn`t know how rare it is?it could be part of that large find of madine in france where a case or two appeared from nowhere.!
<font size="2" face="arial">Woah woah woah... what "large find of madine in france" are we talking about here? I haven't heard of such a find. I mean, the only reason Madines go for $3000 is because there are fewer than 15-20 known examples. If an entire case (48 I'd assume) turned up in France, that would have a HUGE impact on price. Please tell me more!!

PS: It looks legit to me as well... I've seen other legit examples with that type of bubble.

James_Gallo

Reaction score
The find was made by Cloud city several years ago. It was either 7 or 9 examples not a case or anywhere near it.

James G

Reaction score
Originally posted by James Gallo:
The find was made by Cloud city several years ago. It was either 7 or 9 examples not a case or anywhere near it.

James G
<font size="2" face="arial">that`s the one but i heard it was more like 12

Reaction score
I just think that it is funny how one of the least favorite figures in the star wars vintage line (the guy had like 5 lines in rotj) in a foreign package could go for so much. I understand that its 99% because of the rarity but its just a figure! Give me a mint collection of 12 backs any day.

Reaction score
Originally posted by James Gallo:

James G
<font size="2" face="arial">Ah... I knew of that one. The way he was talking, I thought he meant something more recent.

Reaction score
Is this a reseal on a vintage card?? The seller says its vintage, but starting such a hard to find figure off at .99 cents seems a little odd??
If its real, it will go really high, but I can't really tell if its authenic or not. I am sure this thread will get some attention.

Reaction score
It cant be real...lol Who would start A Tri-logo Madine off at .99 cents?? If it is authenic everyone would have seen it sooner or later ..ya think? lol

Reaction score
The bubble looks a bit suspect to me.

I can't remember Trilogo bubbles being that shape with the the 2 'prongs' at the bottom.

If they did, I've never seen one.

Reaction score
sorry folks but this one looks real to me and i know about palitoy,maybe the seller doesn`t know how rare it is?it could be part of that large find of madine in france where a case or two appeared from nowhere.!

Reaction score
Perhaps the "unusual" bubble (which I've seen before) is explained by the fact that this one has the printed label (or perhaps a sticker - hard to tell) that indicates "Fabrique a macao."

Also, on the large photo showing the full front of the item, the bubble does appear to be lifting in the lower left.

Reaction score
Originally posted by robwolf:
Perhaps the "unusual" bubble (which I've seen before) is explained by the fact that this one has the printed label (or perhaps a sticker - hard to tell) that indicates "Fabrique a macao."

Also, on the large photo showing the full front of the item, the bubble does appear to be lifting in the lower left.
<font size="2" face="arial">agree with you...

G

Star Wars vintage GENERAL MADINE TRI LOGO MOC Item number: 3170066628

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Watch this item (track it in My eBay)

Go to larger picture Current bid: US $510.00

ya it's at 510 now.

Reaction score
That's just a white sticker Rob! = The Tri Madines with the 'Macao' sticker and footed bubble originated from France!

Bill

G

Originally posted by Bounty-hunter01:
Is this a reseal on a vintage card?? The seller says its vintage, but starting such a hard to find figure off at .99 cents seems a little odd??
If its real, it will go really high, but I can't really tell if its authenic or not. I am sure this thread will get some attention.
<font size="2" face="arial">Just because someone starts an auction off at $.99 does not mean he is a crook! Well I do see why you think he is a liar. I mean the guy has 100% perfect feedback

Reaction score
Originally posted by xSiThxMauLx:
Star Wars vintage GENERAL MADINE TRI LOGO MOC Item number: 3170066628

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Watch this item (track it in My eBay)

Go to larger picture Current bid: US $510.00

ya it's at 510 now.
<font size="2" face="arial">and it's not the end...810$ at this day

Reaction score
Hi,

this bubble is not a fake, I have some vintage figures on card with this bubble (Walrus man ESB clipper card with french lettering, Ree yees ROTJ meccano, Ackbar ROTJ meccano and lobot tri logo). All are made in hong kong origin. Also I have many rotj meccano cards back with this bubble footprint and with hong kong and macao printed or sticked such as madine, chief chirpa, royal guard, luke jedi knight, lando skiffboussh, etc. Thus, I think that this bubble is specific to the french market rather than macao origin.

bobasolo

Reaction score
Thus, I think that this bubble is specific to the french market rather than macao origin.
<font size="2" face="arial">There are a few 'late release' Palitoy RotJ 45bks with that type of 'footed' bubble! = The Clipper 45s were ALL made in the UK too!

Bill

Reaction score
You are right bobasolo, the bubble is not a fake. I have a Tri-Logo General Madine and this one as the same kind of bubble like the one on ebay. I´ve seen 2-3 other examples, which were like this, too.
I´ve only seen one example, which had a "normal" Tri-Logo bubble. This one was on ebay about a year ago.

Reaction score
<font size="2" face="arial">Well, some people just have to much money.
<font size="2" face="arial">For a rare piece of SW history like this I think the price is quite adequate.

Seth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Boy:
I'm sure Rob will be 'happy' with his new purchase though!

Bill
<font size="2" face="arial">I bet his bank balance won't be though.

Congrats to Rob though, great item.

Reaction score
You really think this price was abnormally low? I don't know... it's been a while since a Madine has been available on the open market. I think it's possible that the price is just coming down on it a bit. We've been throwing around the $3000 figure for a long, long time, with little real data to support it. I'm sure Cloud City would have gotten more for it, but $2K from a random seller might just be the going rate.

Reaction score
yes, congratulations on spending 2k+ for an 8 dollar figure with expensive packaging. Some people are just spending money like its growing on trees!