Trapper Wolf - Pulsecon 2021

Reaction score
Looks like Dave Filoni will get his due as an action figure! Revealed earlier today, Hasbro PulseCon will have the Black Series "Trapper Wolf" figure as an exclusive!

I'm a Pulse Premium member and will for sure try to get my hands on this. Who else will be trying to pick this up?

dave.jpg

Reaction score
100% pick-up as I dig all kind of pilots and I love the green helmet already

Just noticed the included rifle is actualy the one used by Endor Rebel Soldier. Gives me hopes 😉😊😊

Reaction score
I think it’s kinda cool. I’m sure all the Filoni haters will have a field day. My only gripe is they’ll charge at least $30 for what is basically the 1st Luke figure they ever made in fancy packaging. There is NOTHING deluxe about this, it’s just another overpriced exclusive imo. I will probably pass. But again, I like the concept of the figure overall.

Reaction score
I think it’s kinda cool. I’m sure all the Filoni haters will have a field day. My only gripe is they’ll charge at least $30 for what is basically the 1st Luke figure they ever made in fancy packaging. There is NOTHING deluxe about this, it’s just another overpriced exclusive imo. I will probably pass. But again, I like the concept of the figure overall.
I agree. These non deluxe exclusive priced sets are getting out of hand. So hard to resist though!

Reaction score

Looks like it will be $29.99. I'm sure that will deter many from getting it, where it really does not count as a deluxe. And while the body does seem to be a Luke re-use, it looks like they at least re tooled the belt slightly and removed the saber hook.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like it will be $29.99. I'm sure that will deter many from getting it, where it really does not count as a deluxe. And while the body does seem to be a Luke re-use, it looks like they at least re tooled the belt slightly and removed the saber hook.
I foolishly bit at this price point for Cad Bane only cause I love Todo 360. But it seems to me like now we’re paying based on the packaging, not the contents, which is crazy. Deluxe packaging $30, slipcover packaging like this $30, comic book style (admittedly awesome) $25, retro styles $25, etc. I do think it’s cool and I love the enthusiasm Hasbro has brought to the line but it seems like they’re trying to squeeze in higher prices every time I turn my head. And yes I’m fluent in the argument that the higher costs get us more figures we wouldn’t normally get. But where does that stop and the blatant cash grab begins?

Reaction score
Trapper Wolf (Deluxe).
Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive. Available exclusively at Hasbro Pulse Con later this year! MSRP is $29.99. Available for pre-order at a later date at Pulse here.

Press Images

Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Trapper-Wolf-Pulse-Exclusive-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score

Second everything you said.

Reaction score
I think this is awesome! So cool. Now we need a George Lucas figure ala Marvel Legends Stan Lee.

I really do hope this thread just doesn't devolve into just complaints about the price. The price is set. No amount of complaining is going to change it. No amount of "they shoulda done..." is going to change. Buy it or don't. No one is forcing you.

Reaction score
I'm happy to see Filoni getting his own action figure as 'Trapper Wolf'. Not sure I need this in my collection but yeah I like that they've done this 👍

Reaction score
I think this is awesome! So cool. Now we need a George Lucas figure ala Marvel Legends Stan Lee.

I really do hope this thread just doesn't devolve into just complaints about the price. The price is set. No amount of complaining is going to change it. No amount of "they shoulda done..." is going to change. Buy it or don't. No one is forcing you.
You’re absolutely right. And I don’t want to be a negative Nancy whining about price hikes all the time. But if we can’t complain about Hasbro’s methodology here, where can we? I don’t know about this forum specifically, but in general online forums are the only place where we seem to have a shot at capturing Hasbro’s attention. That said, I’m done complaining and more power to anyone who is excited to pick this up.

Reaction score
I foolishly bit at this price point for Cad Bane only cause I love Todo 360. But it seems to me like now we’re paying based on the packaging, not the contents, which is crazy. Deluxe packaging $30, slipcover packaging like this $30, comic book style (admittedly awesome) $25, retro styles $25, etc. I do think it’s cool and I love the enthusiasm Hasbro has brought to the line but it seems like they’re trying to squeeze in higher prices every time I turn my head. And yes I’m fluent in the argument that the higher costs get us more figures we wouldn’t normally get. But where does that stop and the blatant cash grab begins?

This exactly and it drives me up the wall because of the differences between this and the way the Marvel team does it. Compare something like the X Force Cyclops in the retro packaging (repainted figure, additional new headsculpt, additional new accessory, available everywhere) to the TPM carded Qui Gon Jinn. They didn't even pack in the force hand the red box version came with because it wasn't "faithful" to the original release. It also cost $5 more. The Star Wars team knows they can hit the nostalgia button for collectors and tack on a few dollars more. The Marvel team approach is basically "get the figures out everywhere for whoever wants it. Same price unless it's a bigger figure". Like i said - drives me up the wall.

I'll pick this guy up though. I like pilots and I was a fan of his appearances.

Reaction score
They should have made a new mold that is more heavy set. Then we can get a Porkins figure down the road.
What do you mean? Hasbro will gladly give us a Wedge with Porkin head and helmet down the road.

Reaction score
Is it really a Dave Filoni head sculpt without a Cowboy Hat?

Unfortunately 6" so I'll have to pass. If they manage a 3.75" version, I'll buy 2 and look for another X-wing to pair with him.

Now... does WWE or Marvel Legends have a cowboy hat that will work??
**edit - first one I looked up Cowboy Bob Orton has a hat that could be painted...
***edit 2 - JBL "Bradshaw" also has one
****edit 3 - and Terry Funk
*****edit 4 - as did Jim Ross and Macho Man Savage
* edit - couldn't tell if any Wolverine figures have a removable hat... but there are a couple with hats.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that this is definitely not worth the $30 price tag, no figure with basic accessories is. I mean this is essentially a basic figure with standard extras like a helmet and weapon that have been a staple of the basic line for decades, the only thing "Deluxe" about it is the oversized box that certainly negates any steps toward their supposed "green movement". Although I do get it's higher priced due to being an "Exclusive", but still their pricing it really starting to get egregiously high for what they're releasing.

While not a Filoni hater I don't care for his character enough to pay that price. That said it is a neat looking set and nice homage to Gorge Sacul, who also saw the original creator in X-Wing Pilot attire. So it will certainly be a cool item for some people to have and as long as they feel it's worth $30 that's all that matters.

Reaction score
I loved those ads! I remember the one for Mas Amedda read, “One Horny Politician.”

I remember reading that ad with my junior high friends and wondering "okay Hasbro, what meaning were you TRYING to get across here??" Especially after the Austin Powers brouhaha from around the same time.

Back on topic, 6" Jorg Sacul anyone? It'd be perfect for Celebration next year, 20 years after his premiere at Celebration II (and 20 years of bitter disappointment still simmering).

Reaction score
Back on topic, 6" Jorg Sacul anyone? It'd be perfect for Celebration next year, 20 years after his premiere at Celebration II (and 20 years of bitter disappointment still simmering).
I could see myself possibly getting that being as it would be of the actual creator.

Missed opportunity for a two pack with Captain Carson Teva.
Now that is something I might have bit on, if it were say only $50.

Reaction score

Belt looks the same to me, but the lightsaber hook just isn't painted silver. Dak is the only pilot character without the lightsaber hook.

Reaction score
Missed opportunity for a two pack with Captain Carson Teva.

Strong agree here -- and that makes me wonder if this is how they re-release Trapper as a non-exclusive.

I love Filoni and I love pilots. At $25 or even the new Target-exclusive price of $27, I wouldn't hesitate. But a flat $30 for a non-deluxe figure? I mean, look, if I am there in the heat of battle on release day and it's available, I'll surely bite. But the price creep is clear and it's frustrating.

Reaction score
This exactly and it drives me up the wall because of the differences between this and the way the Marvel team does it. Compare something like the X Force Cyclops in the retro packaging (repainted figure, additional new headsculpt, additional new accessory, available everywhere) to the TPM carded Qui Gon Jinn. They didn't even pack in the force hand the red box version came with because it wasn't "faithful" to the original release. It also cost $5 more. The Star Wars team knows they can hit the nostalgia button for collectors and tack on a few dollars more. The Marvel team approach is basically "get the figures out everywhere for whoever wants it. Same price unless it's a bigger figure". Like i said - drives me up the wall.

I'll pick this guy up though. I like pilots and I was a fan of his appearances.

But they were on FOIL CARDS!!! (Which also weren't faithful to the original release...:unsure:)

Reaction score
Dave Filoni is not svelte, but he’s far closer to average than William Hootkins (Jek Perkins) size.

They should’ve made a new X-Wing pilot body that’s not shrimpy and more average size a while ago, but it’s Hasbro so that wasn’t going to happen. So now we’re all stuck with anemic jockey sized pilots.

But I do collect BS6” pilots and like Filoni so I would like to get this. Hopefully at least two so I can display one boxed with my EFX Ahsoka lightsaber signed by him.

Reaction score
Dave Filoni is not svelte, but he’s far closer to average than William Hootkins (Jek Perkins) size.

They should’ve made a new X-Wing pilot body that’s not shrimpy and more average size a while ago, but it’s Hasbro so that wasn’t going to happen. So now we’re all stuck with anemic jockey sized pilots.

But I do collect BS6” pilots and like Filoni so I would like to get this. Hopefully at least two so I can display one boxed with my EFX Ahsoka lightsaber signed by him.
They could have tooled a new torso and waist piece plus maybe the thighs and had a proper figure