Transformers: War For Cybertron Unicron

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have a new kickstarter up for Unicron.

The Lord of Chaos. The Planet Eater. The Chaos Bringer. Unicron stands alone as the most menacing figure in Transformers lore, capable of devouring entire worlds and civilizations. He debuted in the 1986 film Transformers: The Movie and his insatiable appetite nearly brought the entire universe to its knees.
But his legacy transcends both space and time.
“I have summoned you here for a purpose.” - Unicron

Transformers fans may be mere humans, inhabiting a miniscule planet hardly worth consuming, but they are some of the most passionate fans out there. That’s why HASLAB, the Hasbro Pulse crowdsourcing platform, is the place to awaken such a massive project.
Introducing the first ever Transformers HASLAB project: Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron.
“Then it pleases me to be the first.” - Unicron
Join us in a historic opportunity to celebrate the legendary Unicron with a figure whose features, detail, and scale are worthy of his gigantic legacy.
This campaign will move into production when it reaches its minimum goal of 8,000 backers. All support must be received by 11:59 PM EST on August 31, 2019. If the campaign is successful your payment method will be charged on August 31, 2019. Orders are estimated to ship in early 2021.
*Limit of 5 per transaction.

Reaction score
Ooohh man. I'm gonna have to set aside some funds for this...

Reaction score
Wasnt the Star wars version only 5000 backers at $500. Why is this 8000 backers at 574 ? That's well over 4 million dollars. I think Hasbro knows where the new accounting black line in profits will be to bring them out of the red!

Looks cool, but not a buy for me.

Reaction score
Wasnt the Star wars version only 5000 backers at $500. Why is this 8000 backers at 574 ? That's well over 4 million dollars. I think Hasbro knows where the new accounting black line in profits will be to bring them out of the red!

Looks cool, but not a buy for me.

More moving pieces, more engineering. The barge is maybe... 50 pieces? Unicron is going to have hundreds of moving parts that need to work in two different modes. Anyone know how much the Barge weighs? Unicron is 19(!) pounds.

Reaction score
Anyone care to wager what else will be included with this?

I'm guessing a couple of minifigures of Rodimus and Galvatron. Removable beard to match different versions shown in the movie. Removable head? Battle-damaged eyes? Light-up eyes? Maybe a small moon to munch on?

Reaction score
Anyone care to wager what else will be included with this?

I'm guessing a couple of minifigures of Rodimus and Galvatron. Removable beard to match different versions shown in the movie. Removable head? Battle-damaged eyes? Light-up eyes? Maybe a small moon to munch on?
A mini cybertron and the ship crashed eye would be killer

Reaction score
This kind of sucks for those backing this. They are already at 5,000+ backers, but the goal is 8,000. It's not looking too good right now. Let's hope there's an incredible surge these last 3 days.

Reaction score
I got an email that they’re extending this crowd source till October 6th(I believe). Hopefully it meets the goal. I’m not a Transformer collector but this looked great.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
The Cookee Monster Crowdfunder failed, Hasbro doesn't want this to fail or else it'll look bad for their whole crowdfunded idea and ruin the chances of more amazing items down the line, hence the extension.

Must admit it looks really good but super expensive.

Reaction score
Excellent news. I think there's a good chance it will succeed now.

30 days was really kind of ridiculous given they need 8,000 backers rather than 5,000. Let's see, we need a lot more backers and we're charging more money than The Barge, so let's keep it at 30 days same as The Barge. That should be fine. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm backing it or anything, but I think it would be great for Transformers collectors to get something like this. It bodes well for future projects.

Reaction score
I backed Unicron shortly after it was announced. It would be nice if Hasbro would give us some sort of heads-up about these so people would have more time to save up for these things. Or offer a payment plan. Or do more promoting on their social media channels. The videos they have on their official YouTube page about Unicron doesn't even have a link to the campaign itself.

Hopefully the extra time will get this thing made! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wasn’t surprised the Cookie Monster failed. I thought it was a joke when it was announced. I thought to myself what parent is actually going to drop 300 bucks for this for their kid?

The Cookee Monster Crowdfunder failed, Hasbro doesn't want this to fail or else it'll look bad for their whole crowdfunded idea and ruin the chances of more amazing items down the line, hence the extension.

Must admit it looks really good but super expensive.

Reaction score
I wasn’t surprised the Cookie Monster failed. I thought it was a joke when it was announced. I thought to myself what parent is actually going to drop 300 bucks for this for their kid?
I believe the Cookie Monster campaign was aimed at adults who collect Sesame Street items. I guess their market research was off or people who claimed they were gonna buy it didn't show up.

Reaction score
The extension doesn’t seem to be helping Unicron. The orders have been going backwards the past few days. Makes me grateful the Barge campaign was so successful. Would love to see this Unicron get made!

Reaction score
I think the Barge had a lot more updates from Hasbro. They kept showing new things like the packaging (which I guess is gonna be pretty basic for Unicron) and the book, and the barge with figures...

Hasbro doesn't even have a hyperlink to the campaign on their official YouTube videos of Unicron.

Reaction score
Hasbro published a video showing how the Unicron "poster" was made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzANvRKw7Sg

There is no link to the Unicron campaign in this YouTube video...

It does not say whether or not we get a copy of this poster with the purchase of Unicron...

The official Hasbro Transformers website has nothing about Unicron on the front page...

Who is managing this campaign?

Reaction score
so 3 days and counting and still short of almost 1000 backers... I'm hoping that the project gets backed for all those that are interested in adding Unicron to there collection.

Reaction score
Yep, I figured he Unicron would get funded. This is good news. Though I am befuddled why Hasbro wasted a slot with Cookie Monster. I know it was the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street but I know there weren’t going to be a lot of backers. I don’t see a lot of Muppetite collectors. Also they is no way a parent is going to drop $300 on something for their kid to destroy. I hope we get something really cool next go around.

Last edited: