Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Toys

GNT

Reaction score
I’ve been tempted to pick some up and may do so in the near future.

mis anyone else collecting this line or has picked up a few bots?

Reaction score
I'm collecting this line on a limited basis currently. I was into the Studio Series line but I kinda grew tired of them. The bots are just too busy and not iconic looking enough. I decided to get into this line when I saw Earthrise Optimus Prime. I wanted to primarily stick with Earth vehicle looks though. So my focus is Earthrise but I did pick up some Siege figures that don't matter as much as far as their transformation looks. I'm also getting the Netflix packaging at WM because they come with a Teletraan 1 backdrop that I'm putting together. It's extremely flimsy so I'm taping it to foamcore.

I'm also trying to stick with Season 1 as much as possible, but we will see.

Currently I have...

Autobots
Optimus Prime E11
Wheeljack E6 (I'll replace him with the Netflix version)
Cliffjumper E8
Chromia (Netflix)
Hound (Netflix)
Sideswipe (Netflix)

Decepticons
Megatron S12 (I might swap him for the Netflix version)
Soundwave S25
Shockwave S14
Laserbeak and Ravage S18
Mirage (Netflix)
Skywarp E29
Thundercracker E29

I'm trying to trackdown Earthrise Starscream...and I've pre-ordered the rest of the Netflix packaging figures from WM.....Scrapface, Elita-1, Wheeljack, Red Alert, Impactor, and Bumblebee.

I don't want to get too crazy...we will see what happens.

Reaction score
I haven't decide yet, i like a few of the bots but like in the past I quickly grew out of that phase of wanting them. My only regrets were a few that are now way too spendy. Though I'm sure they'll see a releases again, it's Hasbro after all. lol

I'm really tempted to get that Earthrise Prime though!

Question for you on the Studio series, I've been considering the Deluxe Class Movie 1 of Bumblebee but it says he's 4.5", is that true? That would only put him 3/4" taller than a 3.75" Star Wars figure, surely he's not that tiny. lol
I get having them all in scale but then how tall does that make Optimus Prime? Because Sentinel Prime is listed at 6.5" Thanks!

Though the more O think about it I might just wait for the more iconic looking figures made with more metal. I don't collect them all.

Reaction score
I haven't decide yet, i like a few of the bots but like in the past I quickly grew out of that phase of wanting them. My only regrets were a few that are now way too spendy. Though I'm sure they'll see a releases again, it's Hasbro after all. lol

I'm really tempted to get that Earthrise Prime though!

Question for you on the Studio series, I've been considering the Deluxe Class Movie 1 of Bumblebee but it says he's 4.5", is that true? That would only put him 3/4" taller than a 3.75" Star Wars figure, surely he's not that tiny. lol
I get having them all in scale but then how tall does that make Optimus Prime? Because Sentinel Prime is listed at 6.5" Thanks!

Though the more O think about it I might just wait for the more iconic looking figures made with more metal. I don't collect them all.

I don't have my Studio Series figures anymore but Bumblebee was definitely a shrimp. That height sounds about right. Really you can't compare these figures to other lines. They just need to be on a shelf by themselves. I don't know how tall SS Optimus was, he's about the same height as ER Optimus though and I want to say that figure is about 6.5" or so.

I wouldn't sweat skipping past lines, from everything I've read the WFC line is the best iteration of cartoon style figures they have ever made. So if you like that look, get these. If you like a more realistic version while still maintaining cartoon shapes then focus on the Bumblebee movie figures.

Personally I think ER Optimus is perfect. He's exactly what I wanted for the figure. It was hard selling off SS Optimus but ER is just so well done and the transformation is so intuitive.

Reaction score
It's definitely a tough choice for on which way to go sometimes, I like the OG versions in alt mode but their bot modes definitely can look dated/blocky. Whereas the new ones have a more fluid looking bot mode and love how they can actually be posed various ways, a lot more than G1.

So I try to find something in between if I can, but I do like having them close in scale to each other if at all possible. BB being the same height as Prime just feels off to me, though I'm just not too sure on buying a 4.5" Transformer that isn't a "mini-bot". It really get crazy when they're both in alt mode and the vehicles don't quite match up, BB being the size of a Hot Wheel and Prime being the size of a 1/24th scale etc.

Reaction score
It's definitely a tough choice for on which way to go sometimes, I like the OG versions in alt mode but their bot modes definitely can look dated/blocky. Whereas the new ones have a more fluid looking bot mode and love how they can actually be posed various ways, a lot more than G1.

So I try to find something in between if I can, but I do like having them close in scale to each other if at all possible. BB being the same height as Prime just feels off to me, though I'm just not too sure on buying a 4.5" Transformer that isn't a "mini-bot". It really get crazy when they're both in alt mode and the vehicles don't quite match up, BB being the size of a Hot Wheel and Prime being the size of a 1/24th scale etc.

Honestly, the range of motion I can get out of ER Optimus is the same as the SS Optimus from Bumblebee. You'd be surprised what these figures can do. They are a dramatic improvement over any previous TF line. Some ever have "butterfly joints" at the shoulders as a result of their transformation. Ankle rockers are pretty common. The hip joints are fantastic.

Anyone on the fence on this line, I recommend getting at least ER Optimus and deciding from there.

Reaction score
Pulsecon 2020 is on. Ordering the exclusive TF Movie Quintesson multipack was super easy compared to last year when I tried to get the Retro Black Series Fett.

Reaction score
Yeah, this might have been the easiest Con exclusive order I've had with Hasbro. Had some issues with the stupid Captcha thing that caused me to miss the 6" Endor set, but I've still got another shot tomorrow. Did get the rest of what I wanted for myself (Quint set, Cobra Commander, Clone pack & the Hellfire Club) & everything for my friend on his account. Gotta love multitasking via multiple platforms.

GNT

Reaction score
Love the new Beast Wars figures that'll be coming in this line.

Reaction score
Where'd you see those?

I still have some of my Beast Wars TF's, totally missed out on that Dragon form Megs though! ☹

GNT

Reaction score
it should be on every TF website everywhere now. The figures look really good, the packaging is very nice. They should do well.

Reaction score
So an odd thing, I just placed an order last night on Pulse for Ultra Magnus and Arcee. Well this morning I got an email saying that Ultra Magnus is on its way despite the fact it was showing as ETA 5/01/21 and Arcee actually being in stock. So they must have gotten him early but why they didn't ship the two together is beyond me. Also placed an order for Prime and Magatron and no shipping notice on those yet, though it does generally take a few days for them based on past orders. Then the eternity is waiting for it to arrive after it ships. Just seems stranges is all.

Reaction score
Okay, this might be just me but isn't $80 a bit much for Rodimus Prime? I mean he's basically the same height and size of Optimus with his Trailer as well as the same amount of steps yet he's only $50. Granted I don't fully understand the difference between the classes, other than Titan meaning really f*ng big thus explaining why that figure would be more Money. Whether it's worth well over $100 is certainly subjective. But couldn't Rodimus worked just fine as a Leader Class same as Optimus? Seems like they're just price gouging for the sake of it now.

I like he character well enough and am honestly surprised at how much I like the figure, I just cannot justify $80 for him. I barely managed to convinced myself to buy Prime at $50. lol Though it had a lot to do with an almost non existent Star Wars products to buy and having the extra available funds to throw at this line. Because I hadn't bought a Transfomer since oh gee, since the first movie came out..

Maybe it's just me being too frugal/cheap but after just recently spending $280 within just the last month on this line I feel like I've already bit too much off. And that's not counting Scourge and Cyclonus that haven't even shipped yet which is another $68. Silly me even thought he wanted to buy the ARK! 😲

Reaction score
Huffer was my first Transformer as a kid and to date I don't think they've done a figure that I've liked anywhere near as much as the original. This Kingdom toy though, it's pretty amazing. Loving these newer WFC style MiniBots.

dtp-tfwfchuff-01.jpg

GNT

Reaction score
I did pick up Huffer and some beast wars toys. loving the Transformers toyline atm.

Reaction score
It must be nostalgia kicking in but have found myself getting into TF's more seriously lately with all the G1 inspired bots, as well as a few from the movie like Hot Rod, Kup, Magnus and Springer. Kind of bummed that I missed out on a few of the earlier ones like Cliffjumper.

Reaction score
It must be nostalgia kicking in but have found myself getting into TF's more seriously lately with all the G1 inspired bots, as well as a few from the movie like Hot Rod, Kup, Magnus and Springer. Kind of bummed that I missed out on a few of the earlier ones like Cliffjumper.

Picking up previous waves of Transformers is much harder than Black Series. Was quite a shock when I saw how much I would need to pick up from eBay and the prices not even year old figures were going for :(

Reaction score
Picking up previous waves of Transformers is much harder than Black Series. Was quite a shock when I saw how much I would need to pick up from eBay and the prices not even year old figures were going for :(

What transformers are you looking at? All I see is any wave going for about retail. Also, if its a buy it now, that doesn't mean that's what its going for. It must be an auction to show the true price.

Reaction score
Pretty much all Deluxe figures are/were $20 retail yet now on secondary market most of them are going for close to double that and rising by the month. Just bought Cliffjumper yesterday on Amazon for $40, cheapest place I could find, fortunately I had points that allowed me to shave $20 off.

Another scenario is Bumblebee where I paid $45 a couple months back and now he's going for $80. Sunstreaker is currently going for $35 as well as Earthrise Bluestreak(Walgreens) going for $40ish. The biggest struggle is I don't seem to ever see them in stores so I have to rely on BBTS EE Dorkside which charge nominally more per figure plus shipping making them increasingly more expensive as prices continue to rise. Seems I got into this line a bit late. lol
Voyager Thrust I paid $45 and is now going for $90, Netflix Soundwave was $75 which I got reduced to $40 with points from my credit card. You don't even want to know what I paid for ER Ironhide/Prowl 2-pk!

The only one's I've paid actual MSRP for was the latest Kingdom figures of Optimus and Ultra Magnus, SS Hot Rod and Kup, as well as ER Starscream, Megatron, Wheeljack, Arcee and Netflix Elita-1. I was luck and got Inferno from best Buy for $15 by using my rewards points, and Grapple I got for $15 on sale. So for the most part I've done fairly good but it's certain characters I want that allude me due to price and the built in scarcity such as with Amazon Exclusive Ratchet.

Reaction score
ok. I can understand looking at Amazon, but the sellers on amazon are like the idiots on ebay putting up Buy it now's way above market value. There are a few (I just looked) going for more then retail on ebay, like netflix bumblebee, but most regular releases aren't from what I could see.

Reaction score
True, I've seen many instances of people trying to charge $25-35 for Elita-1 even though she's still available on Walmart's site for under $20. Now ebay might be a good option for those that perhaps has no access to Walmart.com, hence from a different Country? I don't know if they ship international. I've seen that with several other readily available figures as well so I don't know how they expect to get $40 for a $20 when you can simply get it from a particular website.

My problem is that I got into this line way late, so of course a lot of the stuff from last year is going to be scarcer than recent figures thus command a slightly higher price. I just don't know how we got to such insane scalping prices today. lol It feel much worse that it ever has been.

Reaction score
What transformers are you looking at? All I see is any wave going for about retail. Also, if its a buy it now, that doesn't mean that's what its going for. It must be an auction to show the true price.

The Kingdom and Studio Series line are everywhere over here, but figures like Seige Megs, Hound, any Soundwave, Earthmode Prowl, Rachet, Starscream and Wheeljack are nowhere to be found, same with any of the Netflix packs tho I did get lucky and get the Netflix Optimus battlepack and Bumblebee.

Reaction score
I very rarely ever see anything at a physical store these days, in fact ever since the local Kmart closed in February of last year I've seen zilch locally. Mainly just the cheaper lines or an occasional Deluxe or Voyager Class, not ones I'm after though and never any Leader Class items.

Of course all I have now are Fred Meyer and Walgreens, which don't seem to stock much at all.

Reaction score
I never watched the original transformers cartoons, and hated the live action movies, but I liked what I saw of the original Beast Wars cartoon, so I've been picking some of the War for Cybertron Beast Wars figures up and I like them a lot. I just finished watched Siege and I enjoyed that too (on the fence about hunting for an Optimus Prime now).

At any rate, I REALLY like the few beast wars figures that I have so far.

Reaction score
This might seem weird, but I actually liked Beast Wars show very much yet don't really care for the toys. I just can't seem wrap my head around robots changing into animals or creatures very well, plus the fact that Waspinator and Cheator appear to be the same size despite one being a bug while the other is a cheetah. Maybe the concept/aesthetics just don't work for me, same way the TF Prime show didn't.

Which TBH works out for me because I don't think my wallet would like it if I bought all those BW figs too. lol

Reaction score
I had Tigatron when I was a kid and that was it and he was a lot of fun to transform, but it wasnt like... the spark to get me all-in on TF. Plus I didn't care much for cars or robots, so animals was basically the only way I'd get interested at all.

I enjoyed the story in Siege, but not growing up with them made it hard to get invested in any of the characters besides Optimus. But the story was solid enough.

Reaction score
Tigatron, Cheetor and Primal were the only three I ever got from BW back in the day, and really only be cause of Tigatron was a really cool interesting character. Primal because, well he's Prime. lol And I've always liked him since the G1 days.

Now days I just don't have the "pull" towards Beats in Kingdom line, like I do for G1 characters so that's why I'm not really drawn to them. Though I will say that a few of them do look cool like Blackarachnia, Airrazor, Cheetor, Rinox, they definitely have better sculpting and more range of movement.