Transformers: The Movie 1986(The good movie) back in theatres September 27

Reaction score
On September 27th, 2018 The 1986 animated classic Transformers movie is being re-released. There will be a new Stan Bush interview and behind the scenes featurette for the new bumblebee movie. I ordered my ticket. TO CYBERTRON!!! B)

Reaction score
While I am a big fan of that Movie, and own the 30th Anniversary Steelbook. I can freely admit that it is dated, and likely wouldn't enjoy it as much in the Theater as I did when I was younger. But good news to hear, maybe it will show today's audience how a good Transformers movie is done.

Reaction score
It was practically a 90-minute Hasbro G1 toy commercial. Now we've got G1 reissues just in the nick of time. Let's work some then and now math:

Devastator: $30 vs. $75
Starscream: $15 vs. $35
Hot Rod: $10 vs. $30
Minicars (x4): $12 vs. $32

Total: $70 vs. $170

"TIL ALL ARE BROKE!" :D

Regardless, on top of the all-star voice cast, just hearing back the voices of Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Chris Latta, Michael Bell, Dan Gilvezan, Jack Angel, Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Susan Blu, Corey Burton, Casey Kasem….(dang, the list is endless) is simply timeless. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You forgot Leonard Nimoy. And for someone like me who is a big Star Trek fan, this was Awesome!
But yeah, the whole darn cast was great for what one might consider a small film.

I was truly saddened that Kasem and Crothers weren't able to return for the live action movies.

Reaction score
Nimoy is definitely all-star in my book. The other names I mentioned built the foundation of TF animation prior to the movie which almost matched the personalities drawn out from the toy TECH SPECS. Yeah, a portion of those names contributed to the Star Trek franchise as well, notably Carmel, Bell, Latta (as Christopher Collins) and even the late Orson Wells (ST:TMP trailer narrator). :)

Reaction score
Happy 32nd B-day, Transformers: The Movie. I recall watching it on opening day, right when I came back from a family vacation to see family in Vancouver BC (oh, and the World Expo too). :D

Reaction score
Full house on Thursday night. Overall, a good experience as it was nice to even hear discernable laughter out of the audience during the funny and even cornier bits from the film after all these decades. Film and audio restoration was good, particularly from Well's parts, but I caught a couple of blurry images which I can't say for sure if they were from my particular theater....the shot of Hot Rod and Daniel together at the pond and the wide shot of the Autobots/Junkions dancing on Junkion.

"Bumblebee" promos TBH didn't do anything for me, just kinda boring. Good thing we stuck around to see Stan Bush's interviews and 'unplugged' performances. As a guitar player myself, it was nice to hear these songs played with that kind of style, especially coming from the 'master' himself. :D

Reaction score
my kids LOVED IT... now My daughter wants an Arcee transformer and my son is still holding strong with Optimus (and yes both of cried when Optimus dies). my kids asked if we could start watching the Transformers DVD's that I have (Season 1) on TV after they get done with their homework and dinner. looks like a new tradition is about the start in my house.

Reaction score
Let's not forget Judd Nelson. It really is sad that in the last Transformers movie, they finally included Hot Rod, but gave him a French accent instead of trying to get Nelson to do the voice. That would have been as awesome a nod to the original movie as was Sentinel Prime blasting Ironhide a'la Megatron (without the "such heroic nonsense" line, of course).

Reaction score
I got the sense that Prime was the only original they really cared about securing. Though I did think it was cool that Nimoy was brought in, just a different character. lol
To this day, i'm still annoyed about what they did with Bumblebee.

I'm sure financial reasons are why the same people aren't used. Some people probably think since they cam to me, I'm needed. So they want big Money.

Reaction score
Let's not forget Judd Nelson. It really is sad that in the last Transformers movie, they finally included Hot Rod, but gave him a French accent instead of trying to get Nelson to do the voice. That would have been as awesome a nod to the original movie as was Sentinel Prime blasting Ironhide a'la Megatron (without the "such heroic nonsense" line, of course).

The characterizations during the animated era had a sort of guide to follow in the form of the toys' Tech Specs....better than GI Joe in my opinion. Granted, there were variations like Shockwave's personality, but it nonetheless showed some cohesiveness between the show and the toys, which I found admirable back then. With Bay's movies, there was the occasional fan service/homage, but it was pretty much his own rules, so it's not like he had Simon Furman or Ben Yee as consultants for example clinging to his hip. :D

Reaction score
I don't know Bay personally, so I don't know what he's passionate about or if he cares about authenticity etc. But simply based on what he did prior, I had a bad feeling about him being chosen to Direct. I was one of those people who followed Transformers since it was announced they would make a Movie, so I read forums daily about updates and what they were planning. In the end I put all my hopes and expectations on the back burner and went in wanting to like it. After all, it's a Live Action Transformers movie that I've waited 30 years for! What could go wrong? Well, after witnessing what happened shortly after 2000's X-Men. I kind of knew and had that feeling of what was about to happen.

5 Movies later they've progressively gotten worse, yet rake in Billions...
I wonder to this day how well they would have done, had it retained the G1 vibe?

Reaction score
I'm seeing it again tonight. The first half hour of this movie is just
amazing and I'm excited to see it again. Last time I had to go work straight after the movie but I'm off today so I can truly appreciate. It's Transformers Day at this house. Lol

Reaction score
I'm seeing it again tonight. The first half hour of this movie is just
amazing and I'm excited to see it again. Last time I had to go work straight after the movie but I'm off today so I can truly appreciate. It's Transformers Day at this house. Lol
I know this movie word for word, and would love to see it again on the big screen. Is it a new print of the 4k remaster?

Reaction score
Movies like these is why I dislike where I live, none of the local Theaters ever play these older movies when they have a re-release. Nor to they play the more niche style such as Demon Slayer: Mugen Train, I'll have to wait for video or Netflix to see it.

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I was never nuts about Transformers. Sure I had maybe 10 of them, but never bought a single one of them. But this movie and soundtrack are way up there among my favorites.