Transformers - SDCC 2014 Exclusives & News

GNT

Reaction score
Would've been better if they put in Blaster and had the set as tape decks or characters with music sounding names. Groovy set but pass on this one.

Reaction score
It's precisely what a convention exclusive should be. Something unique but not necessary for the collection (like a lot of these can be, especially the G.I. Joe ones for a few years there. I still don't have a modern Sgt. Slaughter, Zarana or original Jinx).

If the price wasn't clown shoes stupid I'd be all over this one. So bizarrely unique & eccentric.

Reaction score
It's precisely what a convention exclusive should be. Something unique but not necessary for the collection (like a lot of these can be, especially the G.I. Joe ones for a few years there. I still don't have a modern Sgt. Slaughter, Zarana or original Jinx).
Agreed. Exactly what one should expect from a convention. Something that someone doesn't NEED for their collection, but maybe they like it. So much craziness here. Would be cool to see in person, but I don't need, nor really want, to own these.

Reaction score
The one I saw today was the AoE Dinobots in vintage deco, with a in-scale Ark/Volcano base. I think I have to have it just for the base.

GNT

Reaction score
Neat pieces, the only cool thing about it is the cardboard display piece :p

Reaction score
Hasbro has revealed some new Transformers at their San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Breakfast Event. Included are a new take on G1 Menasor and G1 Superion

Info from the team at SDCC...
- Motormaster is the Voyager Optimus Prime shown at Botcon
- Asked about G1 Episodes Masquerade and Hasbro rep gave a sly smile
- Each combiner comes with a Legends figure. Superion has Powerglide and Menasor Chest car is also an unnamed Legends figure.

Reaction score
SDCC Panel from TFW

Combiner limbs are deluxes. Torso is voyager.
watched a minute clip of the new cartoon. Best way I can describe it is Prime meets Animated.
Movie exclusives.
Walmart Bumblebee and Stinger scene pack. pre-orders available at show
PLatinum edition silver optimus prime at target
Target - AoE extinction pack
MP Grimlock - working to get more out soon.
New Generations now 2015
Superion and Menasor shown.
"Combiner Wars"
Combiners 100% interchangable
Superion teased as 6 bots (Powerglide forms the gun)
Deluxe wave 1 is Firefly, Skydive, Alpha Bravo (slingshot),Dragstrip
Wave 2 is Air Raid, Dead End, Breakdown, Offroad (Wildrider) ... hes an off road truck
Voyager wave 1 Silverbolt.
Optimus Prime Combiner
Wave 2 is Motermaster
The entire them of 2015 is combiner wars. Deluxes and voyagers will all be combinable in 2015.
RID Preview
It is in continuity to Prime, but not IMMEDIATELY after Prime.
RiD will have more humor. airs next year
MP BW DInobot? No plans
Plans to revisit old Prime cast in RID cartoon.

Reaction score
OH MY GOD! So much Generations goodness! CAN NOT WAIT! Every time I think I'm back out, they pull me back in!

Reaction score
Those combiners look very clunky. At least they're trying, though. Will be nice to see them more finalized and properly transformed. Superion kind of looks like an alien just busted out of his chest.

Reaction score
These combiners look great. The chunky Voyager Optimus we got shown at BotCon makes sense now as it's Motormaster and he looks a lot better as Motormaster.

Not too pleased with Wildrider being changed to Off Road and a SUV and Slingshot being Alpha Bravo and a Helicopter, how is he meant to keep up with the rest of the Arielbots ?

Reaction score
Those combiners look pretty good in person. They have a old school feel to them. They alone have almost pulled me back into retail transformers again.

Reaction score
Not too pleased with Wildrider being changed to Off Road and a SUV and Slingshot being Alpha Bravo and a Helicopter, how is he meant to keep up with the rest of the Arielbots ?
I'm sure third parties are hard at work to fix this. I almost bought FP Menasor two weeks before Comicon...Glad I didn't. Hasbro's isn't perfect but will work and save some cash too.

Reaction score
I was able to snag a Kre-o set. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled.
Nice catch,
This is the only exclusive that I wanted.
Of course I had the whole week after the con with nothing going on and each time this pops up I'm busy.

Reaction score
Been 5 days and my order still hasn't shipped. Time for a phone call to see what's up.

Reaction score
Been 5 days and my order still hasn't shipped. Time for a phone call to see what's up.
I just called a few hours ago on my Kreon set.... 3-5 business days for the exclusives she said. My order is processing and will be shipping soon. Wanted to make sure it wasn't "on hold" My only HTS SDCC order of the year so should be good to go.

Reaction score
I just called a few hours ago on my Kreon set.... 3-5 business days for the exclusives she said. My order is processing and will be shipping soon. Wanted to make sure it wasn't "on hold" My only HTS SDCC order of the year so should be good to go.
Yep. Seven days later and I got the email that mine has shipped as well. Should be here on Saturday.

Would love to have also had that Infinity Gauntlet, but I don't need 4 figures that I have no use for. Cut the price by $40 and get rid of those minifigs. Could probably cut another $10 for that packaging. A nice simple box will do. Out of stock now so there's no temptation.

Reaction score
Yep. Seven days later and I got the email that mine has shipped as well. Should be here on Saturday.
Mine should be here Saturday too - problem is nobody at work will be there to sign for it. Past 3-4 years all of my HTS SDCC purchases have Saturday delivery dates.