Transformers - Robots in Disguise (2015) - TV Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score

"Transformers: Robots in Disguise is an animated television series set to air on Cartoon Network in March 2015. Set years after Transformers: Prime, it will follow Bumblebee as he leads a ragtag group of Autobots back to Earth, pursuing a Decepticon prison ship that has crash-landed on the planet."

You can watch the teaser for the 1st season here.

Anyone going to watch the latest season?

Reaction score
I got nothing against BB, I love him to death. But he's a little to low on the totem poll to be in charge, unless a lot has changed in the last 20 years. lol
Honestly, I haven't been into the shows as much as I was with G1. Nor since even beast Wars. They just don't have that "feel" to me.

And this new one is no different, I really dislike the animation style. I don't know why, but it seems Cartoons these days are very "simple". Compared to what i remember watching as a kid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the comics, Bee is in charge of everyone, as the war is over and autobot and decepticon live together. Even with Prowl and Ironhide there he was the leader, I'm not quite sure why because I'm with you, on the original show he was a scout.

Reaction score
I was into Transformers as a kid with G1. I was a huge fan from 84-89. I stepped away for about 25 years and now I'm married and have a 5 year old son. We were in the video store last year looking at what was in the children's section and came across Transformers Prime Season 1. So we rented and watched it. Surprisingly, it was really good. Frank Welker (voice of G1 Megatron) voices Megatron in this series. Peter Cullen is back as Optimus. Transformers Prime is a whole new line of continuity though, so it stands as an alternate universe to G1 or anything else. That is, except this new Robots In Disguise show coming next month. RID's storyline picks up 5 years after Transformers Prime ends. So, considering that, my son and I will at least check the series out. I agree it's not my favorite animation style. And from the trailer linked above, I'm not at all impressed by the Decepticons in this. I think the show is geared towards younger kids to draw them in to the brand for the first time. My son will probably love it. The subject matter doesn't look as dark or grown up as many of Transformers Prime's episodes were.

Meanwhile, the Transformers Generations Toy line has my attention this year with the combiner wars and redoing of several G1 characters (Arcee and Brainstorm anyone?)...

Reaction score
In the comics, Bee is in charge of everyone, as the war is over and autobot and decepticon live together. Even with Prowl and Ironhide there he was the leader, I'm not quite sure why because I'm with you, on the original show he was a scout.
No, BB's dead now. Starscream is in charge.

GNT

Reaction score
Bumbleebee has been a pet favourite by everyone since the 1st Michael Bay movie made him more of a central character but whatever things change and his more recognisable then some of the other characters.

I'll give the show a go, they've had a few good seasons or seasons I've enjoyed since the original G1 shows.

GNT

Reaction score
I've seen the first 3 episodes, so far so good. It does seem to be the villain of the week syndrome.

Reaction score
I thought Australia was like way ahead episode-wise than the states. I've seen the first 8 episodes so far. It's not bad but not better than Prime. It's like a off-shoot story, the story of Bumblebee and friends.