Transformers - "Masterpiece Edition" Thread

Reaction score
I have the original MP Megatron, which is a fantastic toy except for the fact that its gun form is over-scaled. Being that the G1 toy is underscaled, it would be interesting to have one that is perfectly scaled, as the prop from Man from UNCLE on which it's based.

Reaction score
I am all over Megs! Sold my MP5 years ago in hopes that this figure would finally be released!

On a side note I got MP Thrust today. Nice seeker, only issue is the wobbly waist which seems to be a common problem.

GNT

Reaction score
Trying to get Megs into the country will be ridiculous so I think I'll settle for the first version for now.

Reaction score
Quoting myself because KO Ironhide has just started popping up on eBay! Hopefully the quality is similar to older KOs B)
are there any pictures?

I was waiting for KO Thrust but the recent one is just a mix of Takara & 3rd party parts.

my Inferno should be here this week!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Here is the box pic, no longer "Takasa Tony" LOL

And in-package, no telling if it's the KO or not in this pic (I guess)

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Wanted to follow up about the KO Ironhide since I just received him. He's perfect! I'm assuming he is identical, because he sure looks to be of the same quality and detail of my actual MP Ratchet. The only thing was that the autobot symbol was not on the hood, but he sent me the decal sheet and I applied one myself. Also, I have the BB7 Skywarp on the way too!

Reaction score
Just reading on Seibertron about quality control issues with the new Megatron so looks like I will be waiting for an inevitable second run or hopefully someone makes a good KO of him

Reaction score
I received Megatron and absolutley love this MP! Could very well be the best one yet.

The transformation while involved is very intuitive. A few steps are a bit scary such as closing up the back kibble and barrel to form the front of the gun, folding in and locking the legs into the handle configuration and swinging the arms up to form the rear of the gun and those steps alone will prevent me from Transforming this too many times. So fat I have gone back and forth a couple times with no issues.

The silencer and stock scraping are issues, not doubt but I pushed both on all the way and only have minimal paint scratching. To be honest it doesn't really bother me.

The few broken photos that have caused a up roar seem to be just a couple of ham fisted people that didn't know how to handle this toy. I don't think there is any cause for concern.

Reaction score
After a decent run of selling things on ebay, I finally got something I've been eyeing since the announcement of him being an SDCC and TRU exclusive. It's not that exact release, but I don't care. So happy to finally have this guy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had every intention of ordering this from Big Bad Toy Store. When I finally got the funds built up, I went to the site, and they were sold out! So I cave, and find a seller on ebay who had one for right around the same price as BBTS. Pulled the trigger and when it arrived, the box REEKED of smoke. I got a partial refund, which worked out to $15.00 less than BBTS. Although they did get more in stock, they also raised the price by $30.00!

Reaction score
I got the last soundwave BBTS had in stock as it went out of stock after I placed my order. First masterpiece I have and definitely not the last. Great piece. I may buy shattered glass Optimus next since the price is good

GNT

Reaction score
Did pre-order MP Cheetor from BBTS, missed the last release and don't fancy paying scalper prices for him.

Reaction score
lol
While I do like it, how many times are they gonna release him?
I am tempted to get this version, as i hadn't yet pulled the trigger on the previous one.

GNT

Reaction score
His more animated looking, they keep releasing Primes so probably a few more times at least.

Reaction score
New Bumblebee on it's way, MP45:

With this one having more of the animated and "Super Deformed" style, I wonder if that will finally open the door to Cliffjumper? I heard somewhere they couldn't do him because the MP line had to be realistic, and Porsche wouldn't give them the license?

Reaction score
I'm passing on him. He looks great in his alt-mode, but parts of his robot mode feel far too "animation" accurate for my tastes. Which bums me out since he is currently my third favorite in regards to the 1984/1985 line-up. Then again, I am also going to aim for toy accuracy with my revised collection. At least when it comes to the JG1 Minibots,