Transformers - "Masterpiece Edition" Thread

Reaction score
Kinda getting bored of the Sideswipe / Red Alert repaints... where's Megatron? Or Galvatron? Or a new Hot Rod? Hound? Jazz(!)?

Reaction score
Clamp Down looks like Prowl stole Red Alerts body!

Passing this this repaint as it is just another Diaclone homage and I don't collect them. Guess his eHobby Partner Deep Cover will be soon too (for those that don't know he is a black Sideswipe)

Looking forward to picking up a good Thundercracker though and Ironhide is looking mighty sweet despite a few flaws. Really excited for those two and Tracks!

Reaction score
Kinda getting bored of the Sideswipe / Red Alert repaints... where's Megatron? Or Galvatron? Or a new Hot Rod? Hound? Jazz(!)?
I'm with you. There were rumors of an updated Megatron a while ago but those seemed to have died down. He can really use one too, more in scale with the new Optimus. Jaz is definitely a must and Takara's hand may be forced on Hound since the third party one is supposed to be really good. I don't buy third party, I know it would lead down an expensive path so I am hoping an official Hound comes eventually. Always one of my favorite characters.

GNT

Reaction score
Bring on Hot Rod, though his body shape looks weird in that picture.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Like Tracks, Hot Rod is past my "time" with Transformers (I moved on to different properties after a year or so back then, for some reason!), so I'll skip him, but I hope a Ratchet is soon to follow using the Ironhide mold. I also have a TRU preorder for MP Starscream that should be fulfilled in about 2 weeks :grin:

Reaction score
Very excited about MP Hot Rod, he's one of the few must-have Masterpieces for me. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Reaction score
I would prefer a new MP Megatron or even Galvatron. A lot of people are getting the Apollyon version.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Shockwave looks outstanding, and will have a special place reserved on my shelf display! Today I got an email stating my TRU.com order of MP Starscream has shipped- only $59.99 for that bad boy!

Reaction score
MP Shockwave is a must have. I wonder how he will stack up compared to a popular 3rd party version.

Reaction score
MP Shockwave! Wohooo!

I was almost about to crack and get Quakewave now I will wait for the official version. Hope he turns out as good!

Hot Rod is looking great too, wonder why they didn't reveal Ratchet too you can never have enough MP reveals!

Reaction score
picked up mp ss in the Pittsburgh area last week, was able to use the 20% off coupon coupled with $10 rewards points ... I think he subtotaled to $38

Preorders for mp shockwave are up at $175, wowzers... he must be loaded with a shitpot of accessories at that number !

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I bet that's just initial pricing from etailers who have no idea what price it'll have. Got my Starscream a couple days ago and love it! Here's my MP collection so far:

GNT

Reaction score
Now I'll soon have a transformer who can cut my pizza into slices :p

Very nice selection.

Reaction score
I have Hot Rod on preorder, in two minds about Shocky. Great choices for the Movie anniversary year though, very excited to see what comes next!

Reaction score
Shockwave is ok but I wish he was a darker purple like the G1 toy. Hot Rod's chest looks a little large.

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'm hoping TRU gets the Asia reissue of Skywarp for early next year. $60 like Starscream would be great too!

Reaction score
Ramjet looks pretty sweet but I will wait for the eventual TRU release which will hopefully be priced close to Starscream's current release.

Reaction score
Looking good! Glad they're rattling through the Ark crew with haste now. Hopefully means we get more movie characters sooner :D

kk1

Reaction score
Anyone still seeing Starscream at TRU? Didn't pick it up at beginning of Oct and haven't seen it again since.

Reaction score
I've never seen it at all.

Query: which of these Optimus Prime figures would be better, MP-010 Convoy, or Vector Sigma? They both seem to have the same contents, other than Vector Sigma. But I was wondering why the price difference?
I missed the earlier versions of MP Prime, and have been wanting to get one ever since. Would one of these two suffice, or should I try to track down on of the earlier ones?