Transformers - "Masterpiece Edition" Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Transformers - \"Masterpiece Edition\" Thread

No worries! It should help out alot of people who want this piece.

Reaction score

But that's just from one online store. That doesn't mean that they all will be like that. Some places may have to glue the cap on.

Reaction score

MegaPrime33 said:
But that's just from one online store. That doesn't mean that they all will be like that. Some places may have to glue the cap on.
I thought the same thing.

Reaction score

I received mine earlier this week. I was able to find a BIN for $59 with $50 S&H. It made it from HK to California in about 5 days. Well worth it. He looks awesome. Plus, no orange tip. I hope the MP line continues and they release repaints of Starscream so we can get the two other jets and maybe a corrected Starscream.

Mark

G

Got mine today from hobby link japan. While he's not perfect, he is great. The fusion cannon is too big, so I think I'm gonna have to customize something together. Aside from that, the legs look a lot better if you slide the extra skinny knee section down into the lower leg. Theres no border on the back of the slot, so the joint still works this way and it looks a heck of a lot better.

Reaction score

Has anyone compared the G1 version of Megatron's cannon on the Masterpiece Megatron? I would think it should be about the right scale compared to the cartoon.

G

It is about the right size, but it doesnt fit on the base on megatron's arm. I plan to unscrew that base, file down the connector part of teh g1 cannon, and try to make something out of styrene that would allow the cannon to clip on.

Reaction score

Has anyone here ever heard of or ordered from Robotkingdom.com?

They are a Hong Kong based site and have the unmodded MP5 Megatron in stock. I am thinking of giving them a shot and ordering it from there.

The only online store that has it (preorder still) that I have used before is BBTS and they have the modded version! Grrr.

Reaction score

Can someone let me know what a resonable price for a Star Scream and a Megatron are. I bought the Prime in 2004 and I love it. It is probably my favorite collectible. I want to get Megatron and Starscream as well, but I'm not sure if the prices on Ebay are too much or bargains. Approximately, how much is each? Thanks!

Reaction score

Right Megs is about $100. I think Screamer is a little less but I'm not too sure. $70-80 maybe..?

Reaction score

90-100 each plus shipping. Theyre Japanese-only releases, and as such American collectors end up paying a premium.

Reaction score

Well I decided to go ahead and order Mp5 Megatron from Robotkingdom so I will have to let you know how the order goes.

I just couldn't stand to buy one with that fugly orange tip!

Reaction score

So does anyone know who is on the rumor mill for the next MP? Also, isn't there supposed to be a Sky Warp repaint? I remeber seeing it at one of the toy shows.

Reaction score

The Skywarp repaint was a custom. Rumors at this point are completely unsubstantiated, but Grimlock, Soundwave, Rodimus, Ultra Magnus with transformable trailer, shockwave, and Starscream repaints have been tossed around.

Reaction score

I've always felt that a complete edition of Ultra Magnus with Trailer/armor, and Starscream repaints are the most logical choices for subsequent MP's. Takara milked Convoy mold for a while before we got something new.

Personally, I'd be happy with a complete Ultra Magnus and any Starscream repaint; including a repaint that replicates Starscream's cartoon color scheme (not a fan of the realistic colors he was given). Though I do dream of a MP Galvatron and a MP Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime set. Not holding my breath.

I'd be shocked if we get an MP Dinobot. I'd always heard they weren't as popular in Japan as they were here.

Reaction score

My MP-05 arrived yesterday. Got a "modded" on from TFSource which I had ordered last Friday morning. I think they are out of stock now though. The mod was indeed the same as the HLJ one. Little yellow-orange plug that was not glued on, just popped it right out. The figure really does look nice although I'll admit I haven't attempted to transform it yet as I want to look at some better "instructions" online first.

Looks really nice next to my MP-01 =)

GNT

Reaction score

Heimidal said:
The figure really does look nice although I'll admit I haven't attempted to transform it yet as I want to look at some better "instructions" online first.
That bad hey? LOL I tried to transform Masterpiece Ultra Magnus...I think it took my like 3 hours to figure it out

Reaction score

It's way worse than the Optimus/Ultra Magnus was for transformation.

The main reason I want to be careful is that almost all of the joints are ball joints and I don't want to force anything too hard and break it. Considering how "fragile" Starscream seems to be from what I've read I'm taking it a bit easy with Megatron still =)

Reaction score

New rumors are emerging that the next MP will be a Screamer repaint for Skywarp. Not sure if it's true or not, but there it is.

G

MegaPrime33 said:
New rumors are emerging that the next MP will be a Screamer repaint for Skywarp. Not sure if it's true or not, but there it is.
That's what I'd expect. Fine with me. Skywarp was always my favorite seeker.

Reaction score

You suggested that there might be one. But I heard from a source in Italy who heard a very strong rumor. And he's usually good at finding news.

Reaction score

Got my Megs the other day straight from China! No plug either,...I'm a happy man!

Skywarp the new MP? Nice. I'll be gettin' it only if they get the colours right.

Reaction score

Add to that rumor is that now BBTS have Skywarp MP-6 up for Pre-order. Id say that pretty much confirms Skywarp as the next MP figure.

On another note my UnModded MP5 Megatron arrived today from RobotKingdom.com and man this is one impressive transformer. I am too scared to transform him though since he feels so fragile and with the Japanese instructions another hurdle to overcome so for now he will remain as a robot which is how I planed to display him anyway.

GNT

Reaction score

Good news about Skywarp, let the masterpiece grow with more Transformers. Plenty more to be had.

Reaction score

MP-06 Skywarp is indeed up for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store...

Reaction score

Skywarp will be mine, yessss. I just hope we get Thundercracker & a proper Starscream eventually to complete the trio.

Reaction score

Flashback said:
Skywarp will be mine, yessss. I just hope we get Thundercracker & a proper Starscream eventually to complete the trio.
Who says skywarp will be accurate colors? As we see from the catalog, it's just all black. I gurantee that since screamer was different, so will be any recolor the comes from it.

Reaction score

MegaPrime33 said:
Who says skywarp will be accurate colors? As we see from the catalog, it's just all black.
Who says these are the actual colors. For a long time only all gray images of Megatron were released. The all black could be a prototype without any purple.

The glass is half full!

Mark

Reaction score

MARK_SW said:
MegaPrime33 said:
Who says skywarp will be accurate colors? As we see from the catalog, it's just all black.
Who says these are the actual colors. For a long time only all gray images of Megatron were released. The all black could be a prototype without any purple.

The glass is half full!

Mark
Actually, it's not all black. If you look closely at the picture on BBTS, his torso sides are silver as well as the parts around the "thruster" on his lower legs, the inside of the air intakes are also silver. His chest parts that hide the missiles, the thrusters on his legs and the forearms/hands are purple.

To me, except for the chest, it's more G1 than Starscream was. I'll never understand why Starscream's torso sides wasn't that same burgundy color rather than blue.

Reaction score

movieman78 said:
If you look closely at the picture on BBTS, his torso sides are silver as well as the parts around the "thruster" on his lower legs, the inside of the air intakes are also silver.
I need to retract my previous post. I just saw that BBTS updated their picture and it does look awful. I hope it gets fixed or else this will be the second jet I pass on. The glass is back to being half empty.

Mark

Reaction score

Actually that newer picture is not that bad. It's definitely more accurate than Screamer. If they fix the quality issues for that mold, I may consider getting it.

Reaction score

That comic is fantastic =)

Reaction score

That comic is hysterical.
Hey does anyone think that all these Masterpiece editions will eventually be released in plastic like Prime was?

Reaction score

pwinklespi said:
That comic is hysterical.
Hey does anyone think that all these Masterpiece editions will eventually be released in plastic like Prime was?
I doubt it, look how well the Prime sold at retail.

Reaction score

You have to give Takara credit. Here they come out with a popular line of toys and so far have only released 3 actual molds. The rest have been all repaints, including of course the upcoming Skywarp.