Transformers - "Masterpiece Edition" Thread

GNT

Reaction score
I thought we'd seperate this type of discussion out of the old tranformers thread into it's own seperate thread where we can talk about past and future Masterpiece editions!

Who's collecting them? Who wants Megatron?

A few NEW pictures of Megatron here.

Reaction score
Re: Transformers - \"Masterpiece Edition\" Thread

where do you get these masterpiece transformers? that looked awesome!

Reaction score

strokerbeary said:
You have to get through online retailers or go to Japan. I am definately getting Megatron. I have all the Masterpieces to date and they are phenomenal. I can't wait to see what's next.

Reaction score

MK17 said:
strokerbeary said:
You have to get through online retailers or go to Japan. I am definately getting Megatron. I have all the Masterpieces to date and they are phenomenal. I can't wait to see what's next.
is there a masterpiece website or do you just get them off of ebay?

Reaction score

3 have been released prior to Megatron I believe. I would have pre-ordered this from day one over at bigbadtoystore but their site states that this comes with orange pieces so I need another retailer so I can get the non-orange version.

Reaction score

yodarocks said:
3 have been released prior to Megatron I believe. I would have pre-ordered this from day one over at bigbadtoystore but their site states that this comes with orange pieces so I need another retailer so I can get the non-orange version.
I found that agesthreeandup.com has them listed and they are saying that it will not have any orange applied to it.

Reaction score

Doesn't look like they're taking pre-orders anymore? Have you ordered from them before?

Reaction score

I don't understand that orange tip toy law. Sure, don't let kids in America walk into Target and buy a toy that looks like a gun. Modify THAT toy gun with an orange tip. Why make the law state that you can't import a toy from another country with different laws? So basically I can order a gun or a katana from Japan but just not a toy gun without an orange tip? There's no way I'm buying it with the orange tip and I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for one that's correct. Hopefully this won't be a huge issue.

Reaction score

Whats even stranger is that when transformed Megatron will be way out of scale to look like a realistic gun one would think so this whole orange tip thing is just plain dumb.

and I am still waiting for the news on a MP Starscream with correct colours!

GNT

Reaction score

Didnt we see pictures of a corrected Starscream? I thought we did?

Reaction score

GNT said:
Didnt we see pictures of a corrected Starscream? I thought we did?
I haven't yet but I don't follow Transformers as closely... If someone has a link, please share if so inclined.

Reaction score

Seems GNT forgot about the Alternator's line of Transformers in his thread split up but I figure they are close enough to the Masterpiece line to be included in this thread.

Anyway my news is I finally found Mirage/Ford GT today. I have been looking for this one for ages but all I kept on seeing here is Optimus Prime, Ricochet, Rollbar, Tracks and Meister so it was great to find this new model. I really dig the Ford GT, it is one "[censored]" looking car in that midnight blue colour scheme and the robot mode suits Mirage very well. But I was a bit gutted because my Mirage is missing the blue handle for one of his guns so looks like I will have to contact Hasbro NZ to get a replacement part.

After getting Prowl who I though sucked it is great to see the Alternators back on track and with a good couple of models up next in Rumble and Ravage!

Reaction score

Trying not to completely hijack this thread, but for you Alternator fans, here is a sweet site to make them look more like their G1 counterparts:

http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/

Also has head swap between Prowl and Red Alert so that both are better suited to their G1 likeness.

As for the Masterpiece line, how do you get 4? I know of Optimus, 'Screamer, and Megs. Are you counting Prime's trailer as one? Also, has the Starscream been released yet? I heard all about it being made, but nothing on it being released? Guess these are just 2 more items to add to my Botcon list for this summer!

GNT

Reaction score

PimpLando said:
As for the Masterpiece line, how do you get 4? I know of Optimus, 'Screamer, and Megs.
There was an Ultra Magnus Masterpiece edition released in both China and Australia. it was just a white version of Optimus and better quality then that cheap plastic Optimus Hasbro released.

Reaction score

Hasbro actually released 2. The second one with the base was the one with the cheap plastic, but the first one was mostly diecast

Reaction score

Ah, I see. I got the 1st issued one, and it had a lot of die-cast metal on him! So I guess if you do count Prime's trailer, then the count would be 5!

Reaction score

I have MP Prime and he is godly. Words do not suffice to describe his greatness.

I ordered MP Starscream despite the BS colors, and mine came with the legs glued in plane mode. Obviously I was very upset, and sent it back to BBTS, who was gracious enough to give me a refund. I was so annoyed, I did not replace him, thinking one closer to cartoon colors might be coming.

I can't wait to get my hands on Megatron, hopefully no QC issues this time. If he's good I may even order another Starscream so Megs has someone to smack around.

Reaction score

I bought the die cast Prime in 2004 at a convention. It is awesome. I also bought the Japanese reissue of Shockwave. this thread is the first I've heard of Megatron and Star scream and they look great. I will definitely be picking these up. Although Starscreams current colors are off, he kinf of looks like Thundercracker.

Reaction score

Here's a new shot of Megs in box. I can't wait!

GNT

Reaction score

His looking superb, cant wait.

Reaction score

The one true Decepticon Leader returns. Can't wait. I feel right silly buying all these dragons, space jets, etc who dared call themselves by this name. LOL

Reaction score

Actually the TM2 Megs, which was a red dragon, was one of his best molds, IMO. That and his other 2 BW molds.

Reaction score

Size comparison shot of Megs and Prime.

Reaction score

Yeah the TM2 is one of the better ones, I was just joshin.

MP Meg continues to impress. Can't wait.

Reaction score

It's good to se they are the same height as they should be. I can not wait for this Megatron. Truly impressive!

GNT

Reaction score

Superb, the fact that they got him mostly accurate (his legs are thin but I understand why) is great, without a doubt the best Megatron released.

Reaction score

I'm just now trying to find a good place to buy it unmodded. What that basically means is that for this to be sold in the states, the company that sells it has to modify it with an orange cap to the barrel to distinguish it between a real gun and a toy. That's crap, so I have to find a place.

Reaction score

Still no word from BBTS on when they plan to ship theirs out, or the details of how it will be modded. I couldn't care less about the mod, I will remove the dumb orange cap when it comes anyway. Damn Democrats and their gun laws.

Now Takara REALLY needs to get on the stick and release a properly colored Starscream, no more of this seafoam green nonsense. Megs needs someone to smack around!

Reaction score

From what I understand, you can't remember the orange plug either at all or without damaging the barrell. That's what I thought. I could be wrong.

Reaction score

MegaPrime33 said:
I'm just now trying to find a good place to buy it unmodded. What that basically means is that for this to be sold in the states, the company that sells it has to modify it with an orange cap to the barrel to distinguish it between a real gun and a toy. That's crap, so I have to find a place.
I am positive that many will show up on ebay unaltered. I am trying to do the same thing too.

Reaction score

I think the Masterpiece line of figures is the greatest thing to come from Transformers. I have all of them to date. My favorite would have to be Prime, he just just a fantastic figure, and the level of detail is astonishing, they did a brilliant job with these. Megatron is already on pre-order for me, importing.

G

I'm very happy with this latest round of pics. Now that I see that the hip panels can fold down, the legs don't look so skinny anymore.

Reaction score

MegaPrime33 said:
Size comparison shot of Megs and Prime.

how does that optimus compare in size to the 20th anniversary one?

Reaction score

Its the exact same size.

Reaction score

I just won a MP Megatron on Ebay. $120.00US,...not bad. Another had went for $167.00 so I considered it a deal.

My only problem now is that he goes from the States to me here in Canada with no problems. I would be upset if customs holds him because of the 'toy gun safety law'. This one I got has no plug. Can anyone speculate?

GNT

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
Has anyone got any tips on where I could buy a Megatron that does NOT have the orange tip?
Might want to check out this...

New Information About Masterpiece Megatron's Safety Cap

When it was announced that if fans in the United States wanted to order a MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron through most online retailers it would have to have a safety cap. This upset many fans who beleived the cap would ruin the look of the figure. Now much about the cap was really know until now. MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron has been released in Japan, people who live in the U.S. should be getting their capped versions soon. VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM of Macrossworld has received is plugged version from HLJ and has posted images that can be viewed here. It appears that in some cases the cap is not even glued in and is easy to remove.

Reaction score

GNT said:
stylie_steve said:
Has anyone got any tips on where I could buy a Megatron that does NOT have the orange tip?
Might want to check out this...

New Information About Masterpiece Megatron's Safety Cap

When it was announced that if fans in the United States wanted to order a MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron through most online retailers it would have to have a safety cap. This upset many fans who beleived the cap would ruin the look of the figure. Now much about the cap was really know until now. MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron has been released in Japan, people who live in the U.S. should be getting their capped versions soon. VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM of Macrossworld has received is plugged version from HLJ and has posted images that can be viewed here. It appears that in some cases the cap is not even glued in and is easy to remove.
Good news indeed. Now I can care less who I get it from. Price will now be the only factor. Thanks GNT for that update.