Transformers - Generations

Reaction score
I caved & ordered Blaster. Shockwave's still very tempting, but I already have FOC Shocky--tiny, but awesome. This'd be my first Blaster (not to be confused with My First Blaster, ©™ Brainstorm)

I like Grimlock overall; his alt-mode's not great, with the limited head movement due to light-up/action feature, the massive open chest cavity, the legs locking into the torso limiting movement, and the fat tail. But bot-mode's very nice. Probably gonna get some of the add-ons... would be nice to give him a G1-like blaster, and the Zenith Forge set w/ plate to cover the chest cavity, MP-style head, and newer/bigger/sharper sword & shield looks really cool (and would free up his Hasbro weapons to go to other deserving bots). Plus, Planet X is making FOC-style Dinobots to go with Grimmy...their not-Swoop, Caelus, looks pretty spectacular so far.

EDIT: ...caved again last night & ordered Beast Hunters Shockwave. A little over $17 shipped after tax, not bad...
I've got the same impression of Grimlock from looking at him online, it's why I'm still on the fence about picking him up. How does he go with the rest of your Generations Autobots? Also, thanks for the heads up on Planet X's not-Swoop - that thing looks immense!

Reaction score
I don't think "immense" is the right word for it... Planet X's not-Swoop is basically a Deluxe in size. You want "immense", wait for FansToys' MP-style not-Swoop (or just look at their not-Slag, already previewed in detail). Those guys'll be enormous in a collection of Generations, but will still work for those who like their Dinobots bigger than everyone else.

FOC Grimlock looks good with the other Autobots if you don't mind him not TOWERING over everyone. If you set him up with FOC Deluxes, tho, he'll look suitably immense... FOC Prime, Magnus, they're tiny.

Reaction score
On a whim, took my son to one of the 3 local Toys R Us' in town this morning. I was shocked to see a 2012 FOC Generations wave freshly put out! My son & I didn't get into the WFC and FOC games until about 6 weeks ago. Then I was kicking myself for passing up on the generations waves for the past 2 years. I was fortunate enough to grab Kickback, Sideswipe, Ultra Magnus, & Air Raid today. And the best part was the "red hot deals" today meant I only paid $9 each for them! I had been looking at ordering these from BBTS and paying significantly more. So glad to find this today (especially Kickback)! Now if I can just get my hands on cybertronian Cliffjumper & Bumblebee...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think "immense" is the right word for it... Planet X's not-Swoop is basically a Deluxe in size. You want "immense", wait for FansToys' MP-style not-Swoop (or just look at their not-Slag, already previewed in detail). Those guys'll be enormous in a collection of Generations, but will still work for those who like their Dinobots bigger than everyone else.

FOC Grimlock looks good with the other Autobots if you don't mind him not TOWERING over everyone. If you set him up with FOC Deluxes, tho, he'll look suitably immense... FOC Prime, Magnus, they're tiny.
Ha, I meant immense meaning 'immensely good' more so than enormous. I'm in for a Generations collection (not enough money to buy MPs!) so this version will do just fine.

As for Grimlock, I'm glad he fits in. I'm getting my TF shelf into order, all one line and basic style, and so I need a replacement for the Animated one I already have.

Reaction score
I moved my Grimmy around last night to see how he looked with some others... he's taller at the top of his head than Voyager Springer, so he's a good size. Looks great among the Generations Deluxes...but he'll look so much better when I finally get some of those add-ons.

Reaction score
I was cleaning out storage, getting Christmas decorations out, and found a few miscellaneous TF's that I need to part with - TRU Commemorative Perceptor, HftD Elita 1 and DotM Shockwave. PM me if interested

Reaction score
Toys R Us' site has Metroplex for $78, free store pickup, for their Cyber Monday... so if you don't have a Costco nearby, or one that carries Metroplex, there you go!

Reaction score
For a while I was starting to think that no one liked Rhinox. He took a while to sell out on HTS, while Doubledealer was always out. Sort of sad to see both gone from the site.

Reaction score
You should; but use one of the Youtube/web tutorials to fix his shoulders or you'll probably get annoyed with him quickly (or buy the SXS add-on--or Dr Wu's, when it's finally up for order--to add some tabs that do the job of keeping the shoulders in place; extra bonuses with the add-ons are larger guns and new heads, slightly smaller than the Hasbro stock head so transforming to jet's a bit easier)

Reaction score
Noticed Metorplex is on clearance sale at my local Costco for $60.

Reaction score
Scored some sweet Generations toy goodness yesterday.

Got Legends Swerve and Cosmos. Both absolutely amazing. Some of the best and most fun transformers of the year. This new legends class is a fantastic medium that gives you cheap toys and cool play features. More mini bots please Hasbro, Gears, Huffer, Beachcomber and Brawn next thanks!

Also Scoop, Armada Starscream, Mini-Con Assault Team and Skywarp.
Scoops my pick, really fun toy and I can see repaint potential for a upcoming Scrapper with a new head and chest.
Starscream is very nice as well, quite cool to get a different representation of the character.
Mini-Con Team is fun but flawed. They don't snap together that well and the individual bots look a bit out of proportion. Combined mode is also quite hollow in the torso.
Lastly Skywarp. yup hes good. You know what to expect with this mold buy now but I do like this paint job over Takaras.

Reaction score
Sigh....I wished they would get Rhinox and Waspinator out in my area...I haven't found not one yet.

Reaction score
Are they sure it's not one of those 3rd party Jetfires? I think there are two or three in the making right now.

Reaction score
All signs point that it is from Hasbro. A Megatron leader is in the same wave as him

Reaction score
Scored some sweet Generations toy goodness yesterday.

Got Legends Swerve and Cosmos. Both absolutely amazing. Some of the best and most fun transformers of the year. This new legends class is a fantastic medium that gives you cheap toys and cool play features. More mini bots please Hasbro, Gears, Huffer, Beachcomber and Brawn next thanks!

ROGER THAT. did you find coz and swerve at retail ? If so where...

Reaction score
ROGER THAT. did you find coz and swerve at retail ? If so where...
StylieSteve lives in New Zealand so he gets things earlier, usually a month or so, than us here in the US

If that Leader Jetfire is a real Hasbro release I'd be in for one. Anyone know what alt mode leader Megatron is supposed to be?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sooo....is Cosmos coming out still? Did he already come out and I missed him? I've only seen a few on ebay from Canadian sellers, and he seems to go for triple the MSRP. I *need* Cosmos!

Reaction score
Sooo....is Cosmos coming out still? Did he already come out and I missed him? I've only seen a few on ebay from Canadian sellers, and he seems to go for triple the MSRP. I *need* Cosmos!
He's on pre-order at BBTS and TFSource, so it looks like he's still due for release in the States. Canadian collectors in various TF forums have reported seeing that wave pop up already in their toy aisles.

Reaction score
I've been watching Fred Meyer. They seem to get a good amount of the 2-packs.

Reaction score
is that cosmos the same as the earlier legends cosmos? I always thought that they should have repainted the figure in black and silver and made pathfinder since they own all the go-bots copyrights.

Reaction score
This is a new Cosmos, not the Legends from years ago. I've got him, Swerve, Tailgate, and Skrapnel on order at BBTS…

…tho I already have MakeToys' Trash-Talk, which Hasbro's Swerve really can't compete with. Such an awesome little toy! Only the head of Hasbro's could possibly be considered 'better', tho it's too skinny for my taste. May have to paint Trash-Talk's visor to get a brighter blue outta it...

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a MISB TRU Commemorative Perceptor? Would rather offer it up to a fellow collector before resorting to ebay

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Considering I had the original at one time, I'm very tempted. But I've had to clamped down on buying more than two lines lately.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with Generations Kup? Everytime I try returning him to his alt mode, his head just keeps hitting the waist. I loosened the original head he came with too much wear, and already replaced it with the Igear head.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't transformed mine in awhile, but he was able to shift just fine with either iGear head... I think you just need to tilt or rotate it maybe?

Reaction score
Finally got my hands on Generations Deluxe Arcee and Chromia!

Feared these 2 would become very difficult to find as the Combiner Wars figures have now hit so last wave syndrome seems likely.

Arcee is awesome, this is the figure we have waited 30 years for. So cool to finally have a nice G1 Arcee. Love both modes despite the robot mode backpack and the transformation is fun and simple. She is loaded with accessories too. A brave figure for Hasbro to make as I can't see many boys wanting a pink transforming girl figure and they knocked it out of the park.

Chromia I am not so wowed by. A major retooling of Prime Arcee she still has that prime vibe about her. The G1 space mini van has been replaced by a tron cycle but I am fine with that but the Transformation with the retooled parts just doesn't seem to flow, the tabs don't tab together well and the backpack is even larger than on Prime Arcee. Then there is the clear plastic which I fear with crumble over time like a lot of my figures have in the past. The head sculpt is very nice and the best part about her but I am still not feeling the bot mode. A bit of a fail IMO but hey I am still glad we got her!

Reaction score
Congrats! I'm still waiting to find her, since HTS is sold out. It's funny how so many people dog the Arcee character, yet the figures sell out in minutes! :wtf:

Reaction score
Well, based on what I'm reading on TFW2005 boards, I broke down and bought Brainstorm via Hasbro Toy Shop tonight. All indications are that Arcee, Chromia, and Brainstrom are "last wave of the year" victims, meaning their stint at retail was very limited (always is with the most desired figures of Star Wars and TFs). I purchased Arcee back in August via Entertainment Earth preorder (arrived first week of December). Kicking myself for not ordering Chromia at the same time. She is sold out on HTS now.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Usually the moment I give in and order something online, I end up finding at retail... and everywhere for the next 6 months. I hope this is true for the sake of all you who are still looking for these figs.

Cheers.

Gridcon