Transformers - Generation 1 Reissues

GNT

Reaction score
Since the first thread has nearly hit the limit please carry on in here.

Discuss all things related to the original toys and the reissues here.

Reaction score
Re: Transformers - Gen 1/Re-Issues v2

well if we can't get sunstreaker & wheeljack in g1 form again, the best we can hope for is masterpieceification

Reaction score

I like the way you think - good idea! And you know, since both Sunstreaker and Wheeljack have a simliar body type and transformation, that could be a pretty easy repaint/mold for TakTomy to offer.

Reaction score

finally these guys arrived from japan

tfc00-prime

tfc12-minibots

Reaction score

It wouldn't be a new thread on re-issues without super pics from frodo.

What's awesome is that his photo background and display for the Prime and Minibots are other boxes of TFC and e-Hobby stuff. You have a great collection.

Reaction score

SunTzu said:
It wouldn't be a new thread on re-issues without super pics from frodo.

What's awesome is that his photo background and display for the Prime and Minibots are other boxes of TFC and e-Hobby stuff. You have a great collection.
haha thanks SunTzu , sorry bout the big pics still learning how to use photobucket hehe

Reaction score

bb, huffer, gears, warpath, cosmos and powerglide. Look great together. Does that box open? Just curious around how much did that set cost?

edit: lol, i too have a purple mini-light on my keychain.
Don't use it a lot though, does come in handy though

Reaction score

Jon_Osterman said:
bb, huffer, gears, warpath, cosmos and powerglide. Look great together. Does that box open? Just curious around how much did that set cost?

edit: lol, i too have a purple mini-light on my keychain.
Don't use it a lot though, does come in handy though
yup it does open(book style held closed by velcro) . the minibot set cost me around 16,000 yen (got it from japan)

got these guys last week

G

Those are sweet! Nice pics and collection. So jealous.

Reaction score

Nice pics as usual, Frodo. I think alotof us are living vicariously through you these days!

Question: is the e-hobby reissue black megatron the same color as the original black megatron? In some pics, the new one looks like the chrome is silver and the old one looks like the chrome is more dark grey/black. Anyone have both to compare?

GNT

Reaction score

Nice picture frodo, I hope the collectible stores here pick this one up here so I can purchase it. Looks very nice.

Reaction score

The TFC minibots command a hefty price on the secondary market. One of the reasons I never picked them up.

Reaction score

i forgot, my powerglide is missing the 'pin' inside one of the wing joints so I have paper or wire inside to hold it together. Is there a better way to fix him since the pin is long gone??

Reaction score

Decepticon said:
Nice pics as usual, Frodo. I think alot of us are living vicariously through you these days!

Question: is the e-hobby reissue black megatron the same color as the original black megatron? In some pics, the new one looks like the chrome is silver and the old one looks like the chrome is more dark grey/black. Anyone have both to compare?
the reissue actually has a silver body while the original has a gun metal black body.

heres my haul from last week

finally i have a guide

Reaction score

Decepticon said:
The TFC minibots command a hefty price on the secondary market. One of the reasons I never picked them up.
It's actually much cheaper to buy original mint condition figures of these ones. Same goes for the reissues of Astrotrain and Blitzwing, and the Insecticons.

It's all down to that TFC box packaging. Makes people spend silly money. When a reproduction commands more money than an original ,you know you live in uncertain collecting times!!

Reaction score

Well, there's a difference though. A sealed set of TFC Minibots doesn't go for the same price as all the Minibots in the set sealed on their original G1 cards and mint.

You also can't tell me that a sealed set of G1 Insecticons goes for the same price as the TFC set.

Reaction score

Both of you make good points. If you are a MISB collector and don't mind the reissues, then the TFC minibots are not too bad a value. If you collect loose figs, the originals can be found relatively cheap on e-bay. Problem is, when buying loose its hard to tell whether you are getting vintage or reissue. Not to mention the flood of "high quality" KO minibots out there that are indistinguishable from vintage.

Reaction score

Plus another problem with buying loose can be joint tightness or lack thereof. That's probably the primary reason why I can't buy loose figures - some are just too floppy.

Reaction score

Decepticon said:
Problem is, when buying loose its hard to tell whether you are getting vintage or reissue. Not to mention the flood of "high quality" KO minibots out there that are indistinguishable from vintage.
I don't think it really is a problem. Nobody is really sell reissue minibots individually loose. Why? Because they sell for a whole lot more together! In the case of the Encore minibots, all also have different paint apps/moulding than the originals too.

As for the KOs...again, their only value in deceiving people is when MOC.

Reaction score

Ackbars_No1_Fan said:
Decepticon said:
Problem is, when buying loose its hard to tell whether you are getting vintage or reissue. Not to mention the flood of "high quality" KO minibots out there that are indistinguishable from vintage.
I don't think it really is a problem. Nobody is really sell reissue minibots individually loose. Why? Because they sell for a whole lot more together! In the case of the Encore minibots, all also have different paint apps/moulding than the originals too.

As for the KOs...again, their only value in deceiving people is when MOC.
the newer ko's now sport fake rub stickers which is easy to detect when your holding them upfront but impossible when in pictures.

Reaction score

Man, wish I had picked up those TFC minibots when I had the chance! In fact, there are a lot of the TFC sets I wish I had gotten back when they were cheaper! The only two I have are Soundblaster and the Insecticons.

Reaction score

haven't posted any hauls lately so here are my hauls from yesterday

g1 beach comber & powerglide

group shot with my other g1 minibots

tailgate, powerglide, outback, huffer, swerve, seaspray, beachcomber, pipes

headmaster hard head

group shot with my other headmasters

head off!

tfl ;D

Reaction score

Nice Hardhead - he looks very crisp and clean, not alot of wear.

Reaction score

That's actually my main priority right now. Find a cheap Powerglide. Outside of the switched color BB & CJ & "Bumblejumper" he's the only mini-bot I don't have yet.

Reaction score

thanks guys .. these buggers are pretty hard to find in good condition but once in a while i get lucky and find good ones. hopefully ill find more soon

Reaction score

my hauls yesterday

heres an updated group shot of my vintage minibots

Reaction score

Goldbug?!?!?!!??!?! I envy u. Good haul. Gears, brawn & warpath look ready to kick *&%!!!!

Reaction score

Jon_Osterman said:
Goldbug?!?!?!!??!?! I envy u. Good haul. Gears, brawn & warpath look ready to kick *&%!!!!
thanks bro so when will i see your collection? btw
finally im home and i was able to take pics of my hauls for the week

finally found a huffer rub variant

comparison pic with the none rub variant

im not really particular if they are prerub or not if i come across one and i have the cash then why not

i saved the best for last...

yup an mib cyclonus this guy next to soundwave is my 2nd most favorite decepticon. i was lucky to get him and i was able to fulfill another childhood dream.

here are other shots

gave him a bit of cleaning and some oiling

i don't know if i'll get lucky again but hoping to track down the blue ear and target master versions.

Reaction score

nearly all of my tf collection is in Michigan. I am in CA and have very little for G1 --Prime, grimlock and soundwave I think. They are stored away & hard to get to. Lol -i did bring my Cyclonus to CA from my last trip home and he is in a drawer in my desk. I made sure not to bring his gun so it wouldn't get lost. The other tf I have include, MP Prime (20th Anniv.), MP Megs, MP SS, and Ultimate BB from 2007. Nothing too amazing.

Reaction score

Jon_Osterman said:
nearly all of my tf collection is in Michigan. I am in CA and have very little for G1 --Prime, grimlock and soundwave I think. They are stored away & hard to get to. Lol -i did bring my Cyclonus to CA from my last trip home and he is in a drawer in my desk. I made sure not to bring his gun so it wouldn't get lost. The other tf I have include, MP Prime (20th Anniv.), MP Megs, MP SS, and Ultimate BB from 2007. Nothing too amazing.
oh, thats ok bro im sure you'll find something to post soon

Reaction score

wish i had that Mp Grim to post. But i probably wont have that for a while

Reaction score

hope you get your mp grimy soon. heres my lone haul

cosmos

Reaction score

Jon_Osterman said:
extra? i thought i saw a pic with him already.. maybe not
maybe saw the tfc12 minibots. this one is a vintage japan made one not a reissue, btw heres my latest haul

wheelie

and an updated group shot

genuinely 100% vintage

Reaction score

Looks like Yahobby has stopped seeling KO's. Anyone know somewhere else to buy them?

Reaction score

nice - a pic of Wheelie on Grimlock or MP Grimlock's back would be cool