Transformers - Combiner Wars

Reaction score
Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Thundercracker. I found this on Sunday after church at Target and snatched-it-up!!

mec

Reaction score
well I got lucky and found series 2 in a walmart, just the stunticons. Picked up 3 of them.
Have to go back and get the last one.

Reaction score
Some news from Botcon

A backdrop at the Hasbro booth has artwork for TITAN WARS – with wireframe models of what looks to be Fort Max.

• figure likely IS Astrotrain, yay. The figure appears to contain both shuttle and train bits and features a headmaster gimmick.
  • Fort Max- Fort Max appears to be a retooled Generations Metroplex. The figure is true to original with Spike transforming into Cerebros’ head, and Cerebros transforming into a head for Fortress Maximus. There is also interaction shown between a tank, a car, and the smaller Headmaster figures.
  • Blaster is also a Headmaster. The figure appears to also include a base mode transformation that the smaller Headmaster figures can interact with.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have very little background on Transformers and I was wondering about Thundercracker. I'm aware that he comes in Leader scale and Legend scale, but which one is most accurate for his character? Thanks.

Reaction score
per TFW2005 looks like Devastator has been found out here at TRU in the Bay Area. I have a 15% off coupon so I will be checking stores this week

mec

Reaction score
seeing thundercracker, will pass. He looks good, but too big for my collection. I want my combiners bigger than the single characters.

GNT

Reaction score
Looking forward to when they do with Predaking when they get to him.

Reaction score

Just thought I'd post a little Combiner Wars love.... I like Devastator quite a lot, but man did they really cheap out on the paint apps compared to the SDCC version. Single weapons for the bots would have been nice as well. They can keep the vac metal though.

Reaction score
So I've found myself getting back into vintage transformers and have been curious about the combiner wars figs as some of them hearken back to the G1 days. Unfortunately I'm not up on some of the names. Is there a resource somewhere that lists which figures combine to make who? I googled and couldn't find anything of use.

Reaction score
So I've found myself getting back into vintage transformers and have been curious about the combiner wars figs as some of them hearken back to the G1 days. Unfortunately I'm not up on some of the names. Is there a resource somewhere that lists which figures combine to make who? I googled and couldn't find anything of use.

You should be able to find that stuff all over the net. Transformers fan sites should have it, and if you key in the name of the combiner bots into Google, it should show you a break down of what bots make them up. But I'll give you some of them right here.

Superion is made up of five Aerial bots- Silverbolt, FireFly, Skydive, Air Raid and Slingshot. Slingshot is now named "Quickslinger" because Hasbro lost the trademark on the G1 name. You can also get Alpha Bravo as a replacement member.

Menasor is made up of the Stunticons- Morotmaster, Dead End, Drag Strip, Breakdown and Wild Rider. Again, Hasbro lost the trademark, so they now call him "Brake-Neck". Off Road can also be used as a replacement.

Defensor is made up of the Protectobots- Hotspot, First Aid, Rook, Streetwise and blades. In the G1 series, Groove was the right leg of Defensor, not Rook. Rook is a character created by the comics, and that has made groove a smaller bot serving the purpose as the chest armor for Defensor.

Devastator is made up of the Contructacons- Long Haul, Hook, Bone Crusher, Scavenger, Scrapper and Mix Master.

There are others that have yet to be released, but it seems like Hasbro plans to do them all in the next year or so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks dj. I think what was throwing me off were some of the name changes where they lost the tm. Devastator was the only one I had as a kid. The CW version looks great.

Reaction score
Thanks dj. I think what was throwing me off were some of the name changes where they lost the tm. Devastator was the only one I had as a kid. The CW version looks great.

You're welcome. When you break it down, they only changed two names. And added Rook to the Protectobots. Everything else is the same as all the G1 stuff. I don't think they have any other name changes or substitute characters going forward for the other sets.

mec

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing a good version of abominus.
If they do predaking, I hope it isnt as bulky at the original one, more like the new one put out by the third party group

Reaction score
I recently got Devastator and Defensor. I love them both! What's left? Combaticons, Predacons, Seacons, (Monstercons? what were they called?)

GNT

Reaction score
Technobots and Terrorcons

I wouldn't be surprised to other characters who aren't normally combiners turned into some combiner figure for play value in this line.

Reaction score
Kind of disappointed we aren't getting Predacons or Terrorcons, but Computron looks awesome! I might even get Victorion. I like that she has a consistent color scheme.

Reaction score
Hopefully this means a space shuttle Blast Off at the same time like they did with Quickslinger & Brake-Neck. That would get the Galvatronus complete using the alternate members of each team.

Reaction score
I always feel a little out of the loop when it comes to Transformers. I picked up Scattershot a couple weeks back but I have seen no clues that any deluxe Technobots are coming out with him. I try to follow TFW but they are so in the weeds it's hard for me to figure out what they are talking about. Any idea on what is coming out in the next few months?

Reaction score
I always feel a little out of the loop when it comes to Transformers. I picked up Scattershot a couple weeks back but I have seen no clues that any deluxe Technobots are coming out with him. I try to follow TFW but they are so in the weeds it's hard for me to figure out what they are talking about. Any idea on what is coming out in the next few months?
Well, it actually looks like Computron is coming in a box set all at once. Why they chose to release Scattorshot separately first when they knew they wouldn't be releasing the others individually I don't understand. The box set will apparently have the whole team plus a repaint/retool of the Legends class Cosmos with his little targetmaster sidekick. Then there's the Japanese release which doesn't look like it has the Cosmos pair, but does have a new chest piece, head & rifle for Computron & possibly different weapons or some of the team.

Afterburner will be using the Japanese deluxe Groove mold.
Lightspeed uses the Wheeljack/Breakdown mold.
Nosecone uses the Brawl mold.
Strafe looks like he uses the Japanese space shuttle Blast Off mold.
For the Cosmos repaint/retool it looks like he should be called Scrounge, based on a character from the original TF comics. Issue #17 & 18.

Reaction score
Computron is quite different between the Hasbro and Takara releases.

Afterburner - Groove remold in both sets
Strafe - Hasbro = Air Raid Retool; Takara = Blast Off Retool - Both look to have high levels of retooling
Lightspeed - Hasbro = Streetwise mold; Takara = Wheeljack mold as far as I can see no major retooling on either
Nosecone - Hasbro = Brawl with drill turret; Takara = Rook Retool (Swindle level retooling here)
Scattershot - Hasbro = repaint of the Silverbolt retool released; Takara retool of the Hasbro Scattershot with new combiner head, chest and gun.

Also no Cosmos repaint in the Takara set.

I will be going Takara on this one, I think the retooling on Scattershot to make a better more unique Computron has swayed me but I do like the Cosmos repaint and the mold Lightspeed uses on the Hasbro set. Strafe I quite like the look of both version so hard to say which remold will turn out better.

Reaction score
My Hasbro release of Deluxe Groove arrived today and so happy to complete Defensor in all his G1 glory! I have a new appreciation for this combiner now he just looks so much better with his motorcycle leg!

Groove himself is a really cool figure as well makes a great arm or leg and both robot and bike modes are fun plus he has 3 weapons which is more than most deluxe figures! The biggest problem for me is to sell of Legends Groove along with Rook or keep Legends Groove as a stand in chest plate if I want to go that route from time to time?

Now I really hope Hasbro gets around to releasing the Shuttle Blast Off to complete Bruticus.

Reaction score
I got Groove earlier this week. It's great to have a proper Defensor! Rook has been put into reserve status, like Alpha Bravo and Off Road.

I would have thought Blast Off would have been released at the same time, much like last year when Quickslinger and Brake Neck came at th same time.

Maybe Hasbro is okay with only having the jet version. At least he has the right color scheme and name.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Purchased Groove off BBTS so it's a step in the right direction. For anyone who misses out he'll be mass released later in the year.

Reaction score
Purchased Groove off BBTS so it's a step in the right direction. For anyone who misses out he'll be mass released later in the year.
I was going to go with BBTS, but Dorksidetoys.com had it up for $7.00 less. I think they also ship international.

Has the mass release been confirmed? I know several sources said the same for Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, yet they stayed online only.

Reaction score
I decided to get 2 of Groove one for me and one for a buddy of mine from Ebay for 32 a piece with free shipping form dorksidetoy's Ebay store. I got them the following Monday. I knew there would be trouble in getting Groove from Amazon. Very amazed that TRU.com, Target.com and Walmart.com haven't offered t hem yet.

GNT

Reaction score
Has the mass release been confirmed? I know several sources said the same for Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, yet they stayed online only.
That's what online TF sites are saying, time will tell though.

Reaction score
picked up Shockwave last night from Walmart in Old Bridge... mine didn't come with instructions though but I was able to figure it out. decent looking toy in both Robot and Gun modes

Reaction score
picked up Shockwave last night from Walmart in Old Bridge... mine didn't come with instructions though but I was able to figure it out. decent looking toy in both Robot and Gun modes
The Legends Shockwave is a cool figure. He is really not hard to figure out when transforming him. I have Menasor hold him right now.

Reaction score
I decided to get 2 of Groove one for me and one for a buddy of mine from Ebay for 32 a piece with free shipping form dorksidetoy's Ebay store. I got them the following Monday. I knew there would be trouble in getting Groove from Amazon. Very amazed that TRU.com, Target.com and Walmart.com haven't offered t hem yet.
$32.00 EACH? Man their website had them for $17.99. That's how I got mine.