Transformers - Combiner Wars

Reaction score
Scored CW G1 Megs at TRU on E. Washington Street in Indy this morning. They also had an armada Megs that I left.

Scored Motormaster at Meijer on 96th Street in Fishers this morning as well. They had one left in a slightly damaged box when I left.

Seeing CW Optimus and Silverbolt in abundance nearly everywhere. CW limbs wave 1 very prominent in most places here.

Saw CW Huffer at Toys R Us in Castleton but left him. I think he'll be a peg warmer so I'll chance picking him up later. Would really like to get Blackjack.

Reaction score
I received my CW Leader silver Megatron from HTS. I ordered 2, and I got 1 silver and 1 armada. I gotta send back the Armada one since I did not order it and hope they can send me the 2nd silver version I ordered. If not, I have no idea if I will find It elsewhere.
HTS still hasn't send me the return shipping label either yet. Those #@!%#.

Reaction score
I'm glad they are making 4 Jets for Superion, because I will never let a helicopter be part of my Superion. Superion is supposed to be JETS, not just air vehicles. JETS!!! FAST!!!

Finally: Transformers Combiner Wars Megatron is MINE!!!!

This one is a MUST HAVE!!!

Reaction score
Picked up the first three Arielbots mid to late Feb. Got one, then surprisingly they were still on the pegs a few days later when I got the other two. Almost a month later I finally got Silverbolt through the HTS sale. Then Air Raid went up for pre order and I grabbed him for the same deal. They all came in and finally I have this BAD *** standing on my dresser! I can't wait for Slingshot, because having Alpha Bravo in the mix kinda sucks. I made him an arm because he seems to look and fit better that way.

Would really like to get the protectobots as well, even though Blades is just going to be a re painted Alpha Bravo.

GNT

Reaction score
I think I'll pick up all the combiners, love the old school feeling with these and the packaging (even though I'm opening them).

Reaction score
I'm glad they are making 4 Jets for Superion, because I will never let a helicopter be part of my Superion. Superion is supposed to be JETS, not just air vehicles. JETS!!! FAST!!!

Finally: Transformers Combiner Wars Megatron is MINE!!!!

This one is a MUST HAVE!!!

Agreed 100%!!!

Reaction score
Yep, tremendous figure. I had a minor problem with mine, the barrel was stuck & wouldn't extend. Had to use a hair dryer to heat it enough to pop it loose. Looks like a bit of glue got in between the two parts.

Reaction score
I've found 90% of the CW stuff to be utter junk, probly because I collect MP & 3P.
I do like some of the recent minibots like power-glide and bombshell, those were nice.

I did recently p/u the silver leader class Megatron for $36 shipped over at HTS.com
I looked it over and then gave it to my 5yr old, he loves it.
I think it's pretty decent, and saves me from having to buy him an Apollyon too

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah for CW I've only been getting the Legion/Legends (whatever they're called now) now so far. I just can't pull the trigger on the deluxe. Wave 1 figures just have too much back kibble for my liking. I did see wave 2 deluxe though yesterday and was pretty impressed. Almost picked up some but held off for now. May get some if they go on sale

Reaction score
Yeah for CW I've only been getting the Legion/Legends (whatever they're called now) now so far. I just can't pull the trigger on the deluxe. Wave 1 figures just have too much back kibble for my liking. I did see wave 2 deluxe though yesterday and was pretty impressed. Almost picked up some but held off for now. May get some if they go on sale
Really? They've got pretty much the same amount of "kibble" as the original figures did. Maybe less, actually. I'm loving them. Tremendous updates of the originals with modern articulation & styling.

Reaction score
I expect bulkiness from G1 figures. As far as CW stuff the aerialbots and Dragstrip have a little too much backpack going on for me. Maybe its just due to packaging constraints? The stunticons all look good though.

Reaction score
I am sure they will do technobots. The Silverbolt mold leads itself well to be made into Scattershot and we know Hasbro loves repainting and retooling existing molds.

Wave 3 arrived to me this weekend so I now have a complete Defensor who may just beat out Superion as the best Combiner. Very well proportioned and solid. Hot Spot is a great figure but I can't help be see Onslaught in his alt mode. Streetwise uses the Dead End mold perfectly and is the best of the deluxes. Blades is well done, a bit tooo red but still cool. First Aid is decent but the new parts don't seem to work quite as well on the Offroad mold, the alt mode looks a bit strange and very angular for a ambulance. Rook, the new guy is a fun figure with a pretty neat design and finally Groove is much better suited in the legends class and makes for a great little figure and chest plate for Defensor.

Also picked up Warpath who's tank mode works well but the robot is way off and Cyclonus who is a very well done reworking of Silverbot and turned out far better than I would have expected.

Reaction score
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I finally found an og colorway Megatron in the wild at a WM. Rang up @ $35.99 too![/FONT]

Reaction score
Saw CW Megatron again at my local walmart. I had it in my hands for a while, but I just can't seem to justify paying 45.00 for him. Knowing that only a year or two ago he would have been a 30.00 figure at retail just makes the price that much more intolerable. It looks great. Just not for 45.00.

Reaction score
CW has dragged me back into buying Transformers. I've picked up Menasor and Superion, can't wait for Devastator.

Reaction score
Got the Transbots Apollyon Mondat for TF Source. Very awesome figure. Very sold construction. Also comes with the Stock and silencer.

GNT

Reaction score
So lucky managed to order Quickslinger and Brake-Neck off BBTS, both sold out very fast. Looks like everyone wants to have an accurate Superion and Menasor.

Looks like Takara is releasing Groove in an accurate Defensor pack, I hope he makes it to the Hasbro release.

Reaction score
Picked up Quick shot (quickslinger) and Wild Rider (Break Neck) from Amazon. Looking forward to getting them and adding them to the combiners!

Reaction score
Just got Cyclonus, Hot Spot & Thundercracker from BBTS today to go with the deluxe Protectobots & legends wave 3 I got last week. Defensor is so awesome looking. And Groove attaches so much better than Blackjack on Menasor.

Also, not-Slingshot & not-Wildrider are on their way from Amazon next week.

Reaction score
I've seen some transformers of these combiners at a small shopko store.

I don't even know which combiners are the good guys and bad guys

Reaction score
I've seen some transformers of these combiners at a small shopko store.

I don't even know which combiners are the good guys and bad guys
Purple - Decepticons. Bad. Red - Autobots. Good. Just got word that my Pre order of the Protectobot limbs has shipped. Should have them in a few days.

Reaction score
Had a thought about the new guys in the various gestalts. So far each one has had a new member: Alpha Bravo, Off Road & Rook. But Hasbro has since released versions of Wildrider (Brake-Neck) & Slingshot (Quickslinger) & TakTomy has a deluxe class Groove coming out (which will hopefully be released by Hasbro as well over here). Then there's the voyager class Cyclonus who has the Galvatronus merge form & can "impose his will" on the limb guys. I fully expect the inevitable Bruticus to have a new member as well, most likely Blast Off replaced by a jet. Then once they've been released *tada* here's your Blast Off folks! Which means we'll have 4 extraneous deluxes (Alpha Bravo, Off Road, Rook & whoever replaces Blast Off) for Cyclonus to use as his "official" Galvatronus parts.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm only picking up the original lot, none of the newer bots they've invented, Alpha Bravo was tempting to keep but now that I've ordered Slingshot I don't need it. The great thing is Hasbro can recolour and do new decos on all the different combiner figures forever more and that'd give everyone some variety to the line and play value for the kids.

Reaction score
Purple and red means squat.

Those two colors really dont help

I dont know whos a good guy and bad guy for the recent Combiners anyway.

Reaction score

Well DJ really did give a simple explanation but it sounds like, and I don't mean any offense in this, you don't have a basic sense of Autobot/Decepticon, colors/insignias. Have you bothered to look at the packaging in store? Because it tells you who is who. Beyond that a basic Google search will give you the answer.

Transformers: Generations - Transformers Wiki

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure each figure has the Decepticon/Autobot emblem printed on them if you can't tell on the box. Overall it doesn't matter anyway as the Combiners can all combine with each other, just mix them together it doesn't matter unless your paranoid like some of us :p

Reaction score
Well DJ really did give a simple explanation but it sounds like, and I don't mean any offense in this, you don't have a basic sense of Autobot/Decepticon, colors/insignias. Have you bothered to look at the packaging in store? Because it tells you who is who. Beyond that a basic Google search will give you the answer.

Transformers: Generations - Transformers Wiki
I'm pretty sure each figure has the Decepticon/Autobot emblem printed on them if you can't tell on the box. Overall it doesn't matter anyway as the Combiners can all combine with each other, just mix them together it doesn't matter unless your paranoid like some of us :p
That's all I was trying to say. I kept it simple, but the symbol is painted on the bots, and on the package. If you see a purple symbol, they are bad guys. If you see a red one, they are good guys.

Reaction score
I got my Transformers Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus in the mail from Amazon.com