Transformers - Combiner Wars

GNT

Reaction score

So anyone picking up any of the Transformer figures from this line? The figures are a sub line of the Generations figures where the figures call all interconnect into various sockets - arms/legs just like the originals.

I love the look of the packaging and it'll be nice to see Menasor on toy shelves again. I just hope the combined forms are sturdy enough as some previous combiners have been very weak.

Anyone got any yet?

Reaction score
I think only the Legends stuff has hit retail stateside. I picked up CW Legends Powerglide and Bombshell yesterday.

Reaction score
I had a very combiner wars Christmas!

Picked up pretty much all of wave one (ordered online of course and they arrived on Christmas Eve)

I have to say these are really great figures. Hasbro has really out done themselves, the bad taste of FOC Bruticus is now washed away and I have faith in Hasbro and combiners.

The 4 Arielbots are all amazing. Silverbolt is a nice simple voyager and has a great transformation into the Torso. A vast improvement of the Ultra of 2008. The other 3 all share the same basic transformations but all work really well, Alpha Bravo is the surprise for me as I wasn't sure I liked the idea of the Helicopter but he is a great figure. Now the painful wait for Air Raid to complete Superion.

Drag Strip is so simple but cool, unfortunately he only works as a arm as he is too big as a leg and makes the combiner uneven. But still going to be great to get him with the other stunticons to form Menasor!

The Legends are really great. Both Powerglide and Bombshell are amazing little figures and I have to say I like this Windcharger more than the RTS version, he just seems more toon accurate to me.

So far off to a great start, just what this line needed to freshen up.

Reaction score
Yeah, I snagged the Legends wave on Christmas Eve at Target & I freakin' love them. Especially Bombshell (nice that they were able to get the name back finally) as he was one of my first TFs back in the day.

Reaction score
got a case for from BBTS of the CW legends and I found them at TRU today. Though the ones I saw the packing was in terrible shape. Picked up Windcharger and Poweglide for a buddy of mine. I also got Silverbolt from Amazon.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Those look incredible. I think it's time to change the pants....

Reaction score
Found CW legends wave (Powerglide, Bombshell, Thundercracker) at local TRU in Naples, FL today while vacation. Other boards are reporting these showing up at Targets across middle Indiana (where I live). Looking forward to seeing Dragstrip & Aerialbots in the next couple weeks.

mec

Reaction score
Came across two combiners. Not liking air glide. Picked up alpha bravo

Reaction score
Picked up deluxes Firefly, Alpha Bravo, Skydive and Dragstrip this morning at Target. Love 'em! Well done Hasbro!

Reaction score
Seriously, this is some of the best Hasbro packaging in years. Ordered Bombshell and Powerglide off of Amazon.

Reaction score
have yet to see these at Retail. definitely want the Powerglide and the Optimus. Boomshell looks great as well.

Reaction score
TFW2005 has a blurry pic and but lots of info on Devastator! Sounds like we will get a full report at NY Toy Fair next month

Reaction score
I like what I see so far with Titan Devy!

Combined mode is looking impressive, I just hope the individual bots are nice as well, don't care if they are simple they just have to look good! Interested in the rumor Computron and seeing pics of the confirmed Defensor! Man it is a good time to be a Transformer fan.

GNT

Reaction score
Sucks that they've changed Mixmaster around but this will be a must have item.

Reaction score
Based on the news that Mixmaster is reversed in the assembly of Devastator, I doubt this is what we're going to see released by Hasbro / Takara. I think this is someone's custom job. But wow...!

Asian website showing a Titan Devastator in September 2014:

å￾˜å½¢é‡‘刚改é€*工厂(TITAN DEVASTATOR COMBINER FIGURE LEK) - å￾˜å½¢é‡‘刚讨论区 - 78动漫论å￾› 模型论å￾› www.78dm.net

The pic next to MP Optimus really put the scale into perspective.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do agree if you look at the leg where Mixmaster is you can see the seam where the leg opens up on Metroplex. So yeah, though its very impressive.

Reaction score
I havent seen bombshell or powerglide - didnt even know those existed. I have found the 4 arms/legs of the combiners, though they have me confused - Two aerialbots, what I can only think is a protectobot, and a stunticon, of all things. Why would the first wave combine factions to make Superion? Are they making all the gestalts eventually?

I like them though and they will be pretty cool to combine when I have Silverbolt.

Reaction score
No these are not exclusive, general retail release, just only been found at targets so far because Walmart is lagging and TRU is getting RID figures

GNT

Reaction score
There is a photo of the CW Devastator on TFW and there is a lot of B!+ch and moaning.

Overall it doesn't look that bad for a modern interpretation of the combiner, nice to see Mixmaster is on correctly as well.

Reaction score

Overall it doesn't look that bad for a modern interpretation of the combiner, nice to see Mixmaster is on correctly as well.
That looks good. The purple seems a bit off.

I still remember finding the gift set under the tree one year:

Reaction score
Devs is looking pretty nice for a Hasbro effort that is catering to kids with a more simplified design. The thing that worries me is the constructicons won't have individual bot modes ala ROTF Devs. I really hope that doesn't turn out to be true, would be a deal breaker.

Reaction score
From what I've read - they have bot modes. Just simplified. There were 6 pictures on the box showing them. Not that we can see (yet) though.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Mixmaster's cab (Dev's foot) and his head size are the 2 issues for me... but with more pics I think those fears can be alleviated!

Reaction score
Definitely have 'bot modes. You can see a ball-joint on Scavenger where his elbow should wind up being. Plus the sticker on the underside of Bonecrusher's scoop matches with the original figure's sticker placement for his chest piece.

Reaction score
finally saw some of these at Walmart in Old Bridge Yesterday. I'm tempted to buy some of them on the premise that they are going to complete certain characters. I saw that Motormaster is coming soon on BBTS and I spotted dragstrip yesterday but does that mean that the rest of the Stunticons are coming?

Still no sighting of Prime or Powerglide as those are the 2 I really want along with the insecticon.

Reaction score
From TFW

Titan Devastator is expected to retail for $149.99 and will feature all six Constructicons transforming and combining into the "largest Combiner Transformer ever".

Reaction score
Several of the newest Combiner Wars figures (Breakdown, Air Raid, Motormaster, etc.) are available to either purchase or preorder on HTS right now, and you can use code Family2015 for 20% off and free shipping! Just snagged a bunch of stuff myself!

Reaction score
Big Combiner Wars Haul.

Leader Megatron G1 version. Great figure, really captures the essence of G1 Megatron without being a gun. Fun, easy and intuitive transformation and a great paint job.

Voyager Motormaster. Much better use of the Prime mold but the Menasor torso mode is a bit naff. Some fan mods are needed to really make this guy shine but it is doable. Vehicle and bot modes are great however.

Deluxe Air Raid, Best of the deluxe Arielbots!
Deluxe Dead End, Best Stunticon!
Deluxe Breakdown, almost as good as Dead End
Deluxe Offroad, a bit meh. Same transformation as the Arielbots but with a different headsculpt and paintjob could be a decent Wildrider and I would be much happier!

Legends Huffer. A passable CHUG Huffer. Since I don't own any other version of this mold I can accept this as Huffer. There are a few Prime features but still a decent job.
Legends Blackjack. Really fun little guy. Just doesn't fit very well into Menasors chest which is a shame.

So a 2nd bunch of great figures in this Generations sub line.

Last edited: