Transformers 3 - Dark of the Moon Toy Line

Reaction score
my local Walmart has DOTM 2 packs on sale for $9.99.... looked like they had some cool sets... I grabbed LaserBeak and Thundercracker last night and put it with some other stuff on layaway.... i figure I can pick it up tomorrow or next week and be assured that I finally have Laserbeak.

now if only I could find the Cyberverse and HA Soundwaves

Reaction score
dude. Can't afford it right now really -- (but had to take advantage b/c I found armored savage oppress & CC Wolffe at TRU on sale) but I might have to get that dlx Soundwave. Pretty slick. Que looks great too. When are they out? Next spring?

Last edited:
Reaction score
picked up a DOTM value two pack of Thundercracker and Laserbeak as well as a cyberverse Soundwave! no sign yet of a HA version of Soundwave though

Reaction score
Unless your willing to part with nearly twice as much to get the Takara figures the bad news is no more Dark of the Moon Deluxe until Feb 2012 which is now the new release date for the next wave which includes Q and Soundwave. They were originally due before Xmas but sadly that now seems unlikely. It remains to be seen if they are released under the DOTM name or an alternative, the date does however fall after the UK toy fair so make of that what you will.

Source - Kapow Toys.

Reaction score
I expect the next bit of First Edition Prime stuff to hit before then, given that it's all out in Canada now and the first wave showed up in the U.S. soon after it did there.

Reaction score
Used TRU's Buy1 Get 1 Free sale today to pick up Prime BB & SS as well as a couple of Junkheap's for 2 friends. $7 each is a great price!

Reaction score
Deluxe Prime would've really been great for his size...If not for the absurdly weird looking sides on his torso there. It looks way too misshapen

Reaction score
finally got a chance to open and transform Laserbeak yesterday... really cool figure... he's currently sitting on my desk at work guarding my calculator

Reaction score
Has soundwave EVER showed up in the US?? I kinda recall that these were cancelled for us....just wanted to know if I should give up or keep looking...

Reaction score
From TFW

Coming out only in Asia

• Starscream (Hunt for the Decepticons Leader Starscream in G1 Colors)
  • Ironhide (Dark of the Moon Leader Ironhide in G1 Colors)

The previously shown and now confirmed Asia only Movie Deluxe class figures were also shown - Generation 1 styled Wheeljack and Ratchet, Prime styled Dark of the Moon Bumblebee and Soundblaster styled Soundwave. The slide also included Evac from Transformers the Ride suggesting he will also be included in this Asia exclusive case, though that is not to rule him out from a US release as well.

Reaction score
My Deluxe and Human Alliance Soundwave figures arrived from China today!

I was really disappointed in Hasbro for not releasing these guys locally and being that Soundwave is my favorite character and I have him in most incarnations I knew I had to go online to get these.

The result is a mixed bag. The deluxe overall gets the look of Soundwave more than the HA does but he has some unsightly and obtrusive kibble on his back. The wing mirrors also seem very fragile and you have to move parts around them to transform so you have to be careful. The leg transformation is quite cool and the Mechtech weapon is one of the best! He my be just a bit skinny in the chest area but does look pretty nice.

The Human Alliance is the opposite. Huge chest and very skinny spindle legs. Way too much of the car goes into making the arms, then it seems the designers remembered that the robot needs legs so the small rear of the car goes into those. The car on the other hand turned out excellent. Gould is about average as far as HA figures go and Laserbeak is a cool accessory but there's not much too him, just bird mode and a weird missile launcher mode. Size wise he is only about as tall as Leadfoot, so one of the smaller HA figures but he is very wide.

So I would recommended the deluxe but not so much the HA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i was also pretty disappointed that Hasbro didn't release those here, I really wanted the deluxe Soundwave and Que. Do you mind me asking where/how much you got them for?

Reaction score
Sure, I scored them on eBay from a seller in China. The prices seemed pretty reasonable. The Deluxe was $25 and Human Alliance was $50. More than retail of course but well worth it in the scheme of things since it doesn't seem like they are going to get another release.

Still searching for Que for a good price. He seems to be up around the $100 mark at the moment but I'm still hopeful a heap of the Hasbro versions will show up on eBay soon and the price will drop dramatically.

I may have to jump on a Leadfoot soon since it doesn't look like he is going to get any other release other than the Takara/Tomy version.

Reaction score
about a month an a half ago I saw a Que go for $35, which is still out of my price range at the moment but probably the best it will get for a while. The $25 for the deluxe seems reasonable though

Reaction score
My latest purchase!

[/IMG]

This is the Takara Deluxe Leadfoot kitted out with Reprolabels and I must say he looks freakin awesome! I didn't apply all the labels as some were just too small and fiddly but I am very pleased with the results. Better then what Hasbro would ever release.

Leadfoot now looks at home with his fellow Wreakers.

Reaction score
^

Very cool. Would love to see how he looks with the stickers in bot mode.

Reaction score
A solicit for a re-release of 2007 Movie Leader Optimus Prime and Megatron has been announced. It will be an Asia Exclusive. The retail price translates to about $210 USD. The release date is slated for August 2012.

Reaction score
i don't understand why they made the last few waves Asia exclusives, and now this re-release.
IS there not a high demand for transformers in north America in comparison to Asia, or do they opt out due to the price of shipping the merchandise over here.

Reaction score
i don't understand why they made the last few waves Asia exclusives, and now this re-release.
IS there not a high demand for transformers in north America in comparison to Asia, or do they opt out due to the price of shipping the merchandise over here.
Retailers didn't want them since they also have the Prime line to sell. And if you want Que Robot Kingdom has him up for pre order

Last edited:
Reaction score
I already pre-ordered a Que from RK. If you guys want one now. I really wouldn't wait too long. They only have a few left is what I heard.

Reaction score
Bought a Voyager Shockwave at K Mart.

I actually really like this guy! Not a fan of the vehicle mode, but the robot mode wouldn't look as good if the vehicle mode looked better.

I just wish I could get my hands on more Shockwave stuff.

Reaction score
I see this toyline in a lot of places. My K-mart has 2 barricades, a Starscream, and most of the Voyagers (Minus ironhide, which I got, and some other guy i don't know). Nitro Bumblebee clogs the pegs too much in a few of my areas. Not a huge fan of the movies, but I did get a few from this line:

Optimus Prime (Voyager)
Ironhide (Voyager)
Bumblebee (Deluxe)
Thundercracker (Deluxe)

Not a big fan of the movies. Only want ROTF Soundwave then I'm done with movie figures.

Reaction score
BBTS has the preorder up for Que he is $40. That's probably the cheapest you are going to get him for

Reaction score
They were delicious. The Sentinel Prime cupcakes and Bumblebee Twinkies were good, too...Snowballimus Prime not as much. I saved the empty boxes for display.