Trade Federation MTT Droid Carrier

Reaction score
Aha! I got one for $29 yesterday. Definitely wanted a second. Had already bought one at full price from Target online when it was first available. Love it.

Reaction score
^^^ JTA had previously reported that the reduction to $29.00 would go into effect 03/03 (today). I'm gonna stop into TJMaxx on the way home today to see if I can't get that price adjustment.^^^

Reaction score
The other 2 stores near me just marked their stock down to $39.99 this morning, an associate at one of the stores stated that the price wouldn't come down any more than $40 (which is still a great price). I hope you guys are able to find some MTT mini-rigs to go with your new additions.

Reaction score
Picked up one at Marshalls for $39.00. Left the remaining one in a somewhat beat up box for someone else to enjoy since I have 2 others that I paid $90 for.

Reaction score
Congrats to those Scummers who are finding this thing at $39.99. I just called a few places here on the West Coast and the price is still at $59.99.
Anyone in California, Oregon, or Washington finding the MTT at $39.99?

Reaction score
So I bought this thing last Monday for $59 and I swung by the local TJMaxx and saw they had marked it down to $39. So I happily grabbed one and went up to the register with last week's receipt for a price adjustment....

AND THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME ONE

Looked the store manager straight in the eye and said: "So what I'm gonna do is buy this one today for $39 and be back tomorrow to return the $59 one."

Are you freaking kidding me?

Reaction score
I just picked up my stash of 8 MTT mini-rig fighters that I hid at a local store a month ago to go with all of my recent MTT additions. I think that little fighter is awesome and really adds to the display ( and play) value of the MTT. I can't wait until I'm able to do a large Plains of Naboo display.

Reaction score
Two at my local store, both still at $59. This is a low, low priority item, so it would have to be all but handed to me for me to take this home.

Reaction score
So I bought this thing last Monday for $59 and I swung by the local TJMaxx and saw they had marked it down to $39. So I happily grabbed one and went up to the register with last week's receipt for a price adjustment....

AND THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME ONE

Looked the store manager straight in the eye and said: "So what I'm gonna do is buy this one today for $39 and be back tomorrow to return the $59 one."

Are you freaking kidding me?
I dont' think any store will give you a price adjustment on a clearance mark-down. I'm not sure about Wal-Mart since I don't shop there, but Target definitely won't.

GGC

Reaction score
My local Marshalls had it at $59.99, I told them it was seen as low as $29.00 and they called a manager. He went into his portable scanner and said "Yup, I can do $29" and then printed a label to say $29 and put it over the $59.99 and I checked out. It's worth asking for a manager.

Reaction score
Found one tonight for $39. Not sure whether I want to open it just yet. Now I really want that fighter to attach to it...

Reaction score
Found one tonight for $39. Not sure whether I want to open it just yet. Now I really want that fighter to attach to it...
That was hanging around Maxx and Marshalls at clearance prices for the better part of 2013. I believe that ship has sailed.

Reaction score
I ended up with 20 MTTs and 36 fighters . I paid $90 for 8 of them at TRU Xmas 2012 and scored the rest within the past few weeks, the 4 I got for $ 29 was pretty awesome ( for you Mainers, I have only hit Portland and Auburn). I bought every fighter I came across at TJ Maxx and Marshalls because I knew the MTT would eventually show up in mass like The Clone Wars Y-Wing. The wicked awesome MTT fighter mini rig was a nice touch. I have 7 MTTs on display with 14 fighters hanging from fishing line. I almost like my Separatist forces more than my Jedi and Republic forces now that the Separatist have their MTTs. I fell in love with this as soon as I saw the Rebelscum Toy Fair pictures. The MTT gives Mass to the droid army. I love Hasbro ( and I kind of like Star Wars too ), they really did a great job with the MTT. I have a Plains of Naboo dio, but I can only do two shelves worth of droid tanks and Gungans. I'll eventually have 13 MTTs and 13 tanks and a bunch of MTT fighters with a huge droid Army against a large Gungan force. I just need to buy 1500 more clear stands before I can say that I'm done with what I've been setting up for 14 years (additions like figures and vehicles have been more important than stands until now ). All I want now is a Death Star and a Sail Barge ( and a ton of clear stands, I'm so bummed Real Stands is out of business).

I hope those of you who want a MTT are able to get one and a fighter for it too : )

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ended up with 20 MTTs and 36 fighters . I paid $90 for 8 of them at TRU Xmas 2012 and scored the rest within the past few weeks, the 4 I got for $ 29 was pretty awesome ( for you Mainers, I have only hit Portland and Auburn). I bought every fighter I came across at TJ Maxx and Marshalls because I knew the MTT would eventually show up in mass like The Clone Wars Y-Wing. The wicked awesome MTT fighter mini rig was a nice touch. I have 7 MTTs on display with 14 fighters hanging from fishing line. I almost like my Separatist forces more than my Jedi and Republic forces now that the Separatist have their MTTs. I fell in love with this as soon as I saw the Rebelscum Toy Fair pictures. The MTT gives Mass to the droid army. I love Hasbro ( and I kind of like Star Wars too ), they really did a great job with the MTT. I have a Plains of Naboo dio, but I can only do two shelves worth of droid tanks and Gungans. I'll eventually have 13 MTTs and 13 tanks and a bunch of MTT fighters with a huge droid Army against a large Gungan force. I just need to buy 1500 more clear stands before I can say that I'm done with what I've been setting up for 14 years (additions like figures and vehicles have been more important than stands until now ). All I want now is a Death Star and a Sail Barge ( and a ton of clear stands, I'm so bummed Real Stands is out of business).

I hope those of you who want a MTT are able to get one and a fighter for it too : )
Pics man, need pics:p

Reaction score
I wish these were on sale somewhere close to me. Anyone here on Ontario, Canada seen them around?

So is this vehicle considered a failure? I know there was a lot of talk about the continuation of large vehicles sort of hinging on the sales of the MTT, is that true? As much as I love the MTT and more droid/trade federation designs, I know Trade Federation and TPM vehicles would not be something to bet on. Why would Hasbro put their eggs in a Phantom Menace basket? Seems crazy to me. I don't know much about what's going on with Hasbro though, just from what I've read here.

Am I the only one who would love an updated AAT? The Droid fighters were upgraded, now a MTT, the tank needs an upgrade. It's a 15 year old vehicle now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I managed to find probably the last 2 of these in my area for $39 each. All of the TJ Maxx's around here (south bay LA) blew theirs out @ $59 a few weeks ago, but a couple of Marshall's had some stragglers.

The first one was BEAT-UP, and I later discovered that it was missing the baggies containing the engine covers + front-end gun pods, the decal sheet and ALL 16 of those remarkably useless Battle Droids. The second one looks complete so far. Thank god. Btw, I politely asked for a mark down on the first one since it was the last one in stock and it was OPEN with a TORE UP box (I mean seriously tore-up), but they wouldn't budge at $39. Ok, how about $0 when I return it, f@#kers.

Reaction score
Soulydyes, that is simply the most epic diorama I have ever seen! Hanging that many ships on wires must have been a chore! Well done!

Reaction score
Yes, also wanted to show my apprection for your pics., Soulydyes. Excellent - definitely one of the best SW dioramas I've ever seen. It obviously took a lot of work to hang those ships from the ceiling, especially the heavier ones. Fantastic.

Seeing these pics. reminds me of the beginning Gungan/Battle Droid Army scene on Naboo. Though earlier in the film you may have thought the Battle Droids looked incompetent/weak, seeing all of them there w/the MTT's & other ships was very formidable. Obviously the Gungans would have lost the battle if Anakin hadn't destroyed the control ship(s)...

Still haven't gotten the MTT yet, but haven't seen it anywhere either. I guess I would bite if I found it for $39.99....

Reaction score
I spotted two MTTs at a TJ Maxx yesterday for $39 each. One was completely trashed and open at one end. I asked for a futher discount :whistling: but was denied by mgmt. I left them both. I'm happy with my one.

Reaction score
I stopped at one on the edge of my search grid today and the MTTs were gone. I assume they hit $29. This is still a low priority item for me, so I shed no tears.

Reaction score
I spotted two MTTs at a TJ Maxx yesterday for $39 each. One was completely trashed and open at one end. I asked for a futher discount :whistling: but was denied by mgmt. I left them both. I'm happy with my one.
I had a similar situation, but the price was still set at $59 and they wouldn't budge. It looks like they have dried up out here although I may check this store one more time on Friday to see if there has been any price drop. I have yet to see one for the $39 price that a number of folks on the other side of the country (the East Coast and Mid-West) have been reporting. So, keep that in mind if you find one with all the parts, but with a less than pristine box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Am hoping their X-Wings drop as I could use two more atleast for the main leads(Luke, Biggs and Wedge), right now got only Luke in my sole X-Wing .

Reaction score
Definitely better than the weathering I did on mine. Gives me ideas for weathering my second one that's still boxed up.

Reaction score
I just got a second one loose for half what I paid for my first Hasbro MTT and its a goal of mine to repaint both someday.

Though the one thing that has me scratching my head: What is that protruding box next to the door (check the image above)?
It's not in the films, not on the either the CGI model or the physical model of the carrier. I'm thinking about removing it, but I'm sort of worried it's there for a reason, to house electronics or part of a mechanism perhaps.

Last edited: