Trade Federation MTT Droid Carrier

Reaction score
Don't know if I posted this before, but I saw these last weekend at two TJ Maxx, averaging about three per store, at $59.99 each. I'm not really interested in this vehicle, but if you are, it is time to make your move. Think about it from a pricing standpoint. Those somewhat-articulated battle droids are things you'd pay $10 each for on TVC cards. In other words, you're paying $20 for a massive vehicle and getting a bunch of pawn droids thrown in. And a poorly articulated Kenobi as well.

Reaction score
Same here, with sign indicating clearance. No hopes of further drop?
If it dropped to $39.99, I might pick it up, but most likely for gift fodder. I can't imagine it dropping much beyond the current clearance. Remember, TJ Maxx has already slashed 25 percent off their original retail price, which was something like 40 bucks off the MSRP.

Reaction score
Is hasbro still gonna make big vehicles like this or no? lol

Reaction score
^ "lol"? :hmm:

Well, no one can tell for certain at this point. But I think the "Star Wars: Rebels" hero ship "Ghost" has a good chance of receiving a BMF treatment perhaps in time for Christmas.

Reaction score
^ "lol"? :hmm:

Well, no one can tell for certain at this point. But I think the "Star Wars: Rebels" hero ship "Ghost" has a good chance of receiving a BMF treatment perhaps in time for Christmas.
If only! I know this horse has been beaten to death, but the Twilight should​ have received the BMF treatment as well!

Reaction score
[/URL][/IMG]TJ MAXX Portland, MAINE : ) I went to Marshalls as well, the price there was still $60.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Didnt realize on my first two, since I never paid attention the boxes that the battle droids are using stormtrooper blasters.

Reaction score
Hit the local Marshalls, but they still haven't gotten any in. No Star Wars items at all other than one Darth Maul mask.

Reaction score
yea, its a gamble waiting around for it to drop, and not good if you dont already have one. $39 or now the $29 is a steal but $59 is a bargain yet but still on the pricey side. By the time you decide to cave it though, the toy could be bought by someone else. We have no idea if Hasbro will re-release it once these dry up with the new movies on the way, they may only concentrate on Rebels and the new Trilogy , and even then its no guarantee they'll make scale vehicles as Hasbro constantly does all these cut backs are quality and craftsmanship - vehicles are often the first to get messed with.

Reaction score
If this is something you are really in to, I would say quit screwing around and pick it up. If I see it for $39 or less ($59 holding steady), I may pick it up, but I'm not a real TPM fan.

Reaction score
Battlefront made me appreciate the PT, as did Clone Wars(both animated versions) and Star Tours - they're still awful movies though. But I got no problems with the Droid army by themselves & I like different warring factions, they were just handled really badly by Lucas...the Clone Wars writers I think were Battlestar Galactica fans(original series) as they made them more like that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If this is something you are really in to, I would say quit screwing around and pick it up. If I see it for $39 or less ($59 holding steady), I may pick it up, but I'm not a real TPM fan.
STILL $59.99 where I am. AND there's at least 8 of them.

I'm gonna keep screwing around... :grin:

Reaction score
Battlefront made me appreciate the PT, as did Clone Wars(both animated versions) and Star Tours - they're still awful movies though. But I got no problems with the Droid army by themselves & I like different warring factions, they were just handled really badly by Lucas...the Clone Wars writers I think were Battlestar Galactica fans(original series) as they made them more like that.
I definitely prefer Lucas' take on the droid army to the goofy take from the Clone Wars, but I love the prequels so take that as you will. To each their own. We all obviously have different things we love about the saga.

Reaction score
Dude they were pretty goofy overall. They talked just as goofy in the films as in CW, and CW even "toughened up" the SBD voices from the whimpy voices they had in ROTS (artoo fire scene in beginning).

Reaction score
The Droid gunships, Kilani had that Battlestar Galactica feel, think one of them used "By your command" line even. The regular Battle Droids were voiced the same and mostly the same goofs as Lucas' films. Too bad the droids were more for comic relief, would've been better if they were serious, it wouldve been awful if Lucas had all the Stormtroopers portrayed the same way, although they couldnt aim or shoot for *****.

Reaction score
The problem with TJ Maxx/Marshall's is they are total smit shows. Good luck finding anybody out on the floor for a question or a price check. How about a price scanner or something? I'd love to be able to show somebody the photo of the $29 price earlier in this thread but up at the register is the wrong place.

Reaction score
I'm happy I was able to add a few more MTTs to my Droid forces. I hope I find some more on sale : )
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Droid gunships, Kilani had that Battlestar Galactica feel, think one of them used "By your command" line even. The regular Battle Droids were voiced the same and mostly the same goofs as Lucas' films. Too bad the droids were more for comic relief, would've been better if they were serious, it wouldve been awful if Lucas had all the Stormtroopers portrayed the same way, although they couldnt aim or shoot for *****.
I believe that was the point. Droids were unreliable that's why the Empire used Stormtroopers rather than droids.

Reaction score
Stormtroopers were about as reliable as the droids, cant see the trade off or upgrade in the OT,lol.

Reaction score
The local tj MAXX still has three at $59 each.
Same where I am but the numbers available are dwindling (down to 5).

I think I have to pull the trigger on this in the next few days and hang on to the receipt (as the illustrious Pizza recommended earlier in this thread) for a price adjustment later.

I really would hate to miss out on this one now @ $60 and have to resort to the secondary market later.

... Think I'm making a run early tomorrow morning... :whistling:

Reaction score
OK, I caved.

Finally picked this up today @ the $59.99 price because I was down to 4 in my neck of the woods and 1 of them was a bit busted up.

I applied a $25 TJ Maxx gift certificate that I got from work @ X-mas specifically for this purchase and paid $37 and change out of pocket. Very happy to have this. :)

Reaction score
I came across a badly opened and beat up MTT box at TJ Maxx, but as near as I could tell everything inside was sealed in bags still. I gambled and payed the $10 <-That's right! price and went home. It was complete and unopened inside. So $10 got my kids a new, loose and complete MTT!

and in case the photo doesn't load: http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=304009&cat=500

Last edited: