Trade Federation MTT Droid Carrier

Reaction score
Via an interview at SDCC with one of Hasbro's design chiefs, there was a strong hint at a MTT for next year - apparently the reason the Battle Droid folds up so well!

Reaction score
Re: Trade Federation MTT - 2012 Hint?!

I didn't think that was a strong hint at all. If anything, it was a dismissive "yeah, sure, maybe, would be fun, but we'll see!" The guy seemed to be expressing his personal opinion, not giving any kind of hint on whether or not Hasbro has one planned.

Reaction score

It looks like a giant rolling turd. But it's a giant, rolling turd of death, so I must have it!

Hopefully it's real, and hopefully in ep I colours instead of clone wars blue.

Reaction score

BIg problem with it, besides being a bad guy item, is that it's whole feature requires having a bunch of Battle Droid action figures that either won't be included, making it unappealling as a purchase to anyone but hardcore collectors, or will be included, which means reducing its scale or pricing it at $300.

Reaction score

Scockery said:
BIg problem with it, besides being a bad guy item, is that it's whole feature requires having a bunch of Battle Droid action figures that either won't be included, making it unappealling as a purchase to anyone but hardcore collectors, or will be included, which means reducing its scale or pricing it at $300.

Nah... I'm thinking it'll be at $100 or less, similar to the AT-AT in pricing at the most. They probably won't include as many racks as in the movies... Otherwise it'd take hundreds of dollars just to fill one up with battle droids!!

Reaction score

BlackRook said:
I didn't think that was a strong hint at all. If anything, it was a dismissive "yeah, sure, maybe, would be fun, but we'll see!" The guy seemed to be expressing his personal opinion, not giving any kind of hint on whether or not Hasbro has one planned.
Except for the part where he gave the whole "I can't release anything at this time," line. That is almost always used when the answer to a question is yes but they're contractually obligated to decline any comments. Given what we've seen them do with vehicles this year alone (Artillery Cannon, Mando Gunship, Droid Gunship, Jedi Turbo Speeder) I'd say all bets are off and this could very realistically happen. Obviously it would have to be scaled down a little so you could only fit like 10-15 Battle Droids on the rack and then maybe two in a "cockpit" style area, but it could still happen. They could also have a bunch of fold out platforms on the sides that could be used as gunner posts and then you have the play factor that they seem to like adding to existing vehicles like the Turbo Tank, Attack Shuttle, and AT-TE.

Reaction score

I'm really excited for this hint, if it is true Toyfair 2012 is going to be sweet!

Reaction score

If it is the MTT then I guess I am not getting the big vehicle next year. This vehicle does not excite me at all. I am hoping something a little more aggressive myself. However, those of you that want this for your sake I do hope you get it....

Reaction score

I don't see this one moving as well as the Falcon or AT-AT. Just not iconic enough. If it does come out and sell poorly, I hope it doesn't kill plans for other BMF-type vehicles in the future.

GNT

Reaction score

I wouldn't say no if Hasbro were to release it, they'll have to pump out more Battle Droids for all of us to fill it up

Reaction score

Masterjedi4612 said:
Except for the part where he gave the whole "I can't release anything at this time," line. That is almost always used when the answer to a question is yes but they're contractually obligated to decline any comments.
Except he's not actually in charge, or is he one of the Q&A guys whose job is to confirm or deny information. It sounded to me more like he was just trying to cover himself in case he misspoke, since even saying "no, I don't think we're doing one" could get him in trouble.

Reaction score

This one bores me and I dislike most things PT-related...I'd rather have a different brown vehicle filled with different kinds of droids.

Reaction score

BlackRook said:
You are absolutely correct Sir!
Large brown plastic boxes fail at retail - see the clearanced Sandcrawler for proof.

A Mini Rig version would be beyond awesome, however!

Law

Reaction score

I'd love to see it, but I agree that it's probably not coming. I think it could be pretty awesome, tricked out with lots of missile launchers and guns. And, of course, a deployable rack for battle droids.

Ah well......

Reaction score

Scockery said:
its going to be out of scale, hasbro wont dare release it in scale.

Reaction score

If this gets made, a 2017 Sail Barge is a lock.

Reaction score

I am fairly certain we will see this... I am also fairly certain we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on TPM releases... its been too long since a real SW film was in theaters, people forget... its gonna be huge... even the special editions had huge promo and that was for 1 spring... we are talking a dedicated film for each year, probably with 6 mo later DVD release... the Hasbro lineup is gonna be pretty substantial I think...

Reaction score

Blight said:
Perfectly said- bring on the MTT! I think they could design it, as someone else said, to hold 10-15 droids on racks and a pilot or two. That would be a great unexpected toy but does make some sense give TPM 3-D is coming out.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
BlackRook said:
You are absolutely correct Sir!
Large brown plastic boxes fail at retail - see the clearanced Sandcrawler for proof.

A Mini Rig version would be beyond awesome, however!
When did the Sandcrawler get clearanced? I don't remember that ever going for less than full price and now it is quite expensive...

Reaction score

Hmmmm....interesting if this will show up. The Lego one was really cool from a few years back.

Reaction score

BlackRook said:
Masterjedi4612 said:
Except for the part where he gave the whole "I can't release anything at this time," line. That is almost always used when the answer to a question is yes but they're contractually obligated to decline any comments.
Except he's not actually in charge, or is he one of the Q&A guys whose job is to confirm or deny information. It sounded to me more like he was just trying to cover himself in case he misspoke, since even saying "no, I don't think we're doing one" could get him in trouble.
Well, that's true, but I think he sounds like he could be at least somewhat well informed because Hasbro's telling him what to sculpt, and maybe they told him why they wanted a new Battle Droid when we've already got a pretty decent mold from the last two years, or maybe he asked some of his co-workers. There could be any number of possibilities, I'm just trying to be optimistic because I'd love getting a decent enemy ground tank/vehicle.

Reaction score

After watching the video, I don't think he was hinting at an MTT for the immediate future, just expressing the possibility. I'm sure they've talked about all the possible vehicles they could do, but that doesn't mean they're currently developing the idea. Would be cool though.

Reaction score

I always wanted one of these, but now, I really don't know if I would buy one or not.

Reaction score

People, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but this [the Sandtroopers' Interview with Dave Vennemeyer] is really really truly not a hint towards any future intentions to produce/release or even develop in conceptual form a toy of the MTT. If you haven't already done so, watch the video. Skip forward to @2:30 for the short discussion on MTT potentiality... and, well, do we really hear any 'hinting' going on in that conversation? No, quite clearly, we do not.

Reaction score

I honestly don't think Hasbro is considering this, even if a sculptor would like to make it, doesn't mean it's feasible for Hasbro to release it.

Reaction score

If it's released, it has to be next year. Only the 3D release boost can decide hasbro to go for this one.
IMO, it would be the perfect companion to an AT-TE. Even not able to fit 100 BD, fitting a dozen would be really good. Add a few hidden cannons he and there and it's done. I just hope they don't make it a whole transformable playset like they did with this year's shuttle.

Reaction score

Well due to plastic cost, I'd say they make it the size to fit 20 BD. Though as an extra bonus, they could add 2 new sculpts of the Droideka. And make compartment for the 2.

Reaction score

Orangepeace said:
Well due to plastic cost, I'd say they make it the size to fit 20 BD. Though as an extra bonus, they could add 2 new sculpts of the Droideka. And make compartment for the 2.
Ain't gonna happen. Sadly, this thing just doesn't sell...and I dig the thing. Back when I worked at Galoob, it was the first Episode 1 Action Fleet vehicle I designed, so it TOTALLY crushed me to see loads of this thing warming the shelves.

As mentioned earlier, big brown vehicles just don't sell well.

That said, give us the Sail Barge - it's gray!

CSD

Reaction score

I remember when Episode 1 came out and I was looking all over for this, they MUST make it!!

Reaction score

Anyone remember/have that big micho machines one that turns into a playset?

Reaction score

Is that thing is scale to figures? If it is, Hasbro could just mold the outside layer and then make the insides.