T'ra Saa & Master Tholme - Comic Pack #12

Reaction score
Re: T\'ra Saa & Master Tholme - Comic Pack #12

There are no pre-orders up for case assortments beyond what's out so it's definitely not coming this year or early next year.

Rumors continue to circulate that the comic pack line has been pulled. I really hope that isn't true as I a looking forward to everything that has been announced so far...

Reaction score

Me too! The least they could do is give us the packs they've already announced before they finish the line.. (Tra & Tholme, Exar & Ulic, Nihl & Deliah, etc.)

I love most of the packs Hasbro churns out, It'd really be a shame to see the line end. If they do, they better at least find new ways to fit more EU characters into the line!

Dom

Reaction score

Yeah I really hope comic packs keep going. Even if its online or exclusives they are usually great.

GNT

Reaction score

She's up on ebay for those that wan to buy her

Reaction score

I feel that the ones for sale on E-bay will be extremely sort after in some collecting circles. After all there will only be a couple of these ‘Original Comic Pack Saa’s’ in the world due to the packs being pulled (are these pack’s the ones being pulled or are they still coming
). Chances are there will be some differences between this release and the inevitable re-launch of the figure down the line somewhere, so I think these will become very sort after by some.

Reaction score

I caved in and ordered a couple of these - one to keep as herself and other for customs - in case she doesn't see release, but I think the fact that Tunghori is suddenly selling these new comic pack figures is actually a very good sign that they may still be coming.

Reaction score

Jibba said:
I feel that the ones for sale on E-bay will be extremely sort after in some collecting circles. After all there will only be a couple of these ‘Original Comic Pack Saa’s’ in the world due to the packs being pulled (are these pack’s the ones being pulled or are they still coming
). Chances are there will be some differences between this release and the inevitable re-launch of the figure down the line somewhere, so I think these will become very sort after by some.
Last word from Hasbro is that she's in the final wave of comic packs that should hit retail sometime around March. According to the Q&A, there are 5 comic packs in that wave, then the line closes up.

There are 3 WM exclusive packs that are supposed to still come out as well. Everything announced at SDCC got cancelled, though.

E...

Reaction score

What are the five comic packs that will be in the final wave?

Reaction score

efranks said:
Jibba said:
Last word from Hasbro is that she's in the final wave of comic packs that should hit retail sometime around March. According to the Q&A, there are 5 comic packs in that wave, then the line closes up.

There are 3 WM exclusive packs that are supposed to still come out as well. Everything announced at SDCC got cancelled, though.

E...
Oh I see. Did the wave that got cancelled include the two Clone Trooper comic packs (The Kashyyyk and Utapau sets)?

Reaction score

Jibba said:
Oh I see. Did the wave that got cancelled include the two Clone Trooper comic packs (The Kashyyyk and Utapau sets)?
0ff hand, the charcater names escape me at the moment, but the ones due to come out approx. in march are the 5 sets that were shown at sdcc on the convention floor in the showcase w/ original eta fall '09 beyond the kyle/vong wave. That's including the 2 trooper sets. The cancelled ones were the 2 sets shown in the slide show w/ original eta jan 2010- i believe the jarel and d. blue sets. Of course the Nhorgi (sp?) set is in limbo. Cami/fixer and maybe the cyborg maul set, i believe will be con exclusives this summer.

uh duh, one set name i forgot is the title of this thread, lol...i think it's either past my bedtime now, or low blood sugar, lol

the other 2 sets due out in march are the blackhole and tales of the jedi sets.

Reaction score

R1G4R3PO said:
Jibba said:
0ff hand, the charcater names escape me at the moment, but the ones due to come out approx. in march are the 5 sets that were shown at sdcc on the convention floor in the showcase w/ original eta fall '09 beyond the kyle/vong wave. That's including the 2 trooper sets. The cancelled ones were the 2 sets shown in the slide show w/ original eta jan 2010- i believe the jarel and d. blue sets. Of course the Nhorgi (sp?) set is in limbo. Cami/fixer and maybe the cyborg maul set, i believe will be con exclusives this summer.
Thanks for the info mate. Looks like I’ll have to look out for the clone sets on E-tailers.

Reaction score

09 Bogey Squad Scout Trooper & Cone Trooper
10 Commander Cody's Lieutenant & Utapau Clone Trooper
11 Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma
12 Jedi Master Tholme & T'ra Saa
13 Stormtrooper & Blackhole Hologram

Walmart Exclusives
Dllr Nep & Plourr Ilo
IG-97 & Rom Mohc
Storm Commando & General Weir

The Delia Blue/Darth Nihl and Jarael/Rohlan Dyre have been cancelled. Nom Anor and the Noghri are in limbo with them.

E...

Reaction score

Just bought Tra - wonder if Tholme will turn up too?

Reaction score

T'ra Saa arrived today!!!
Awesome SA figure!!!!definate must have carded when she becomes available!!!More EU for me the BETTER IMO!!!

Reaction score

Very nice, I broke down and ordered her and Ulic Qel-Droma I usually wait but the way CP distribution has been recently I felt I'd never see them in stores anyways!

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
Very nice, I broke down and ordered her and Ulic Qel-Droma I usually wait but the way CP distribution has been recently I felt I'd never see them in stores anyways!
That was my thinking when I ordered them as well. Mine arrived today, but I wasn't home so I have to pick them up at the post office tomorrow...

Reaction score

Got these 2 as well. Thanks to Tungori. Hope there comic pack team mates show up soon.

Reaction score

commandernarra said:
Got these 2 as well. Thanks to Tungori. Hope there comic pack team mates show up soon.
It is kind of odd that they wouldn't be available at the same time though, you'd think their mates would come off the assembly line in close proximity to each other.
Is it possible these figure are done at different location depending on where the mold is located?
With the statements Hasbro uses about tooling needed for a certain accessory not located at the same factory, that two figures in the same packaging come from the same place.

Reaction score

T'ra looks great!

Really hope I can find this set, it's gone awfully quiet on this front - would like to see more of Tholme.

Reaction score

So are the figures that tunghori sells bad samples or something? This is the first time I have ordered anything from him. I got 3 t'ra saa figures --2 for customs-- and all 3 have absolutely terrible paint jobs - especially on the head. Thankfully, I'm tearing apart 2 for customs, but not sure if I want to order from Tunghori again...

Reaction score

my_kind_of_scum said:
So are the figures that tunghori sells bad samples or something? This is the first time I have ordered anything from him. I got 3 t'ra saa figures --2 for customs-- and all 3 have absolutely terrible paint jobs - especially on the head. Thankfully, I'm tearing apart 2 for customs, but not sure if I want to order from Tunghori again...
It's possible they could be discards and this person is in charge of QC, but instead of throwing them out they end up for sale. Miy figures arrived yesterday and they both look fine, like a figure you'd see inside the package from Hasbro. I', very glad I bought these with the present condition distribution and the state comic packs are in!
Hopefully Tholme and Exar Kun will be available soom!

Reaction score

my tra saa did have a minute paint problem but other than that,she and Ulic turned out great!!!
am hoping Exar will come up to order soon!!!!

i DO hope Hasbro make Nomi Sunrider!!!EU is the future-ALL new sculpts!!!no rehash-no worries

Reaction score

my_kind_of_scum said:
Hit or miss. My Jacen Solo was fine. But Jaina's nose was messed up and I had to repaint it. K'Kruhk and Shaak Ti had minor paint apps that I'd expect to see in stores anyway.

Re-ordered T'ra Saa. Accidentally got sent Ulic instead. Still no sign of Tholme yet. This is the only comic pack I've wanted from the start. I truly hope Hasbro doesn't further mess this up.

Reaction score

just ordered a T'ra and paid way to much for her, but oh well. Ill still buy a t pack when it comes out, maybe convert one of her into a tree or something.

Reaction score

Master Tholme. With his cybernetic right leg and his cane. The left hand is kinda flat palmed, which means he can't really hold the cane well, needing the rubber band or resting on the cane lightly.

T'ra Saa, as posted above. Looks pretty nice, but the neck is a tad bit long.

Reaction score

Wow. This looks like a great pack. Thanks for the pics. I can't wait until this hits.

Reaction score

Tholme looks fantastic. T'ra Saa surprisingly, not so much. Something about her head is not working for me.

Reaction score

I think something is odd about her left eye. It has like a slight "bag" while the other one's fine.

Reaction score

So is this wave of comic packs going to be an exclusive or will it be available everywhere?

Hopefully they will be available in Canada

Reaction score

Master_Fisto_91 said:
So is this wave of comic packs going to be an exclusive or will it be available everywhere?

Hopefully they will be available in Canada
Widely available. (The last wave)

Reaction score

This set arrived today! Very nice overall. Very SAD that Tholme's apprentice, Quinlan Vos, never got a figure as nice as Tholme himself.

This set's great for Jedi customizers and anyone in need of parts for a woman in a dress. The only thing "alien" about T'ra Saa is her skin tone & head... swap the head out, paint the skin tone of your choice on her neck/chest and hands, and you've got yourself a great base for tons of female figures.

Tholme's nice, too. His cane's very rubbery, and not very secure in his 'Force-gesture' hand w/o the plastic band. His saber's a bit loose in his right hand, and it's disappointing that there's no peg on the hilt or hole in the belt since the blade is removable.

All-in-all, a great set! Now to find Exar & Ulic...

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Tholme's nice, too. His cane's very rubbery, and not very secure in his 'Force-gesture' hand w/o the plastic band. His saber's a bit loose in his right hand, and it's disappointing that there's no peg on the hilt or hole in the belt since the blade is removable.
This is one thing Hasbro needs to address sturdier weapons and tight hand grips so many figures were a letdown simply for this reason!

Reaction score

Yeah, I think the plastic bands holding in the weapons do more harm than good. They often not only warp the weapons, but the hands themselves! I'd much rather have the accessories packed in the tray next to the figures.

Reaction score

Only Tholme's blade is removable. Saa's saber is a nice, sturdy 1-piece.

Reaction score

Got this today at a local Target Love the Tholme not so crazy about T'ra though. Thought the head sculpt was a little off. Tholme was one of my favorite characters in the comic series. I'm glad they made a fig of him.

Reaction score

this is available on hasbrotoyshop.com right now!

Reaction score

And gone. If I'd only checked earlier.

I have pre-orders up on other sites, but given how bbts cancelled once, I have my doubts on their success. I've been checking target and tru religiously since friday and nothing from them either. I loathe hasbro's shortpacking of this wave. I have no issues with the marvel universe comic packs or the clone wars figures. But this and legacy have been agonizing to hunt for.