TPM versions ??

Reaction score
Just curious, as german freeTV is starting another run on the saga the coming weeks, and I just realized with the trailer, that they have the CGI-Yoda version of TPM.
Now thinking of it, was this versiln ever released on DVD too or is it still exclusive to BlueRay ?

Reaction score
I thought it was Exclusive to BR only. Though i don't own the DVD, so can't say for sure. But I don't recall them feeling that DVD was worth the effort.

Reaction score
AFAIK, they are still Blue Ray only. The DVD's were only noteworthy of having the missing scenes reinserted in the theatrical release, though I think one or two scenes were cut out for the BR version so by that account there's no complete and 'definitive' release (someone can correct me on the latter).

Reaction score
Back when Ep 1-7 was still available on Dutch Netflix, I watched both Ep4 and 6
They were both the Blu-Ray version, as I quickly realized thanks to Obi-Wan's insane hobo Krayt call and a Dug in Jabba's Palace
Safe to say the Blu-Ray version of the entire saga is the 'official version'. It's Disney's call which version can play on tv.

In a similar vein, the first Sherlock Holmes film starring Robert Downey Junior featured a Moriarty in shadow with an uncredited voice-over. After Jared Harris performed the character in the sequel, the first film aired on tv with Harris dubbing over the previous voice. And Underworld I had its Sonja flashbacks re-edited to replace the original blonde girl with Rhona Mitra who portrayed this character in the third film.