TPM MTT Droid Fighter

Reaction score
I'm on the fence with this one. If anybody has it and can post some pics, that would help me deicde whether to get it or not. I'd use it for something other than the Trade Federation if I got it. At least it's something completely new.

Reaction score
Just picked this set up from Tesco here in the UK for £19. Totally surprised to see it so soon since we're usually way behind the US market. It's a great little set, and the Obi-Wan is better than expected as it sports the awesome light up obi-wan head from earlier this year, so it's great to finally have the superior headsculpt to add on a better body.
The fighter itself is a nifty little vehicle. I quite like it despite it's non canonical origins. The pilot droid is the highlight for me though, simply as it's the only realistic droid pilot we've had since 1999 with the original AST mini-rig.

Reaction score
Ok, so after close inspection of the thing, here's some highlights:
-The Fighter's wings can be moved around the ship. There's slots for them both at the front and back of the ship allowing for variations of it.
-There's two firing projectiles (one on each wing), that folds out from the wing once the wings are unfolded.
-The Obi-Wan is 5 POA (Swivel hips x2, swivel shoulders x2, ball jointed head). As a sculpt, the figure is OK, especially the head. Articulation wise, this thing needs to be sent back to 1997 or earlier.
As with the Vintage Collection Kenobi, this one sports a partially unpainted lightsaber hilt and has the missing black pain on the top and bottom of the hilt.
-The Battle Droid Pilot is some sort of kitbash. It's based around the MTT articulated Droids, but rather than a peg being used to plug in the limbs to the body, they are ball jointed into the body similar to the Vintage Collection Battle droid. The body itself seems to be a resculpt of the VC body as it sports th peg hole for the backpack the standard infantry droids wear, but doesn't have the hole for the Commander Antennae, so partial rescuplt.
Unfortunately, the BD's paint apps are a little sloppy on the arms, with some noticable blue spillage down the back of the forearms.

Overall, it's a great little set that meets my expectations of these sets now. You get a unique little vehicle and some semi-decent figures- typical of most of these boxsets for the last year.

Reaction score
^ CMDR Appo- 2 quick ?s...1-is the hilt attached to the blade, ie does fig include unlit saber hilt and 2- is obi wan same mold as the one w/ the naboo battle pack?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You only get the fully ignited saber, nothing else, and it isn't one of those retro peg based blades that can detach from the hilt i.e. AOTC Saga collection era sabers.
As for the Kenobi itself, from the pics of the Naboo set, it appears to be identical to it. I however couldn't be 100% sure as I have never seen the pack in person, so I'm 99% sure it's the same one.

Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
^ cool, thanks. i should have mine mid-next week, just got shipping notice from tru.com for whole wave

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Some nice pictures there, but none with the mtt? I'm interested to see the fit and color match. That bd certainly looks a bit washed out though...

Reaction score
So does Obi's hair line!!! Don't understand why everyone raves about this head sculpt at all.

Nice pics thanks!

I wonder, what height is the Battle Droid? Is it a dwarf like the TVC one or a decent size like the original Geonosis ones?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks decent, but I'm not a big fan of both that Obi-Wan nor the battle droid's pretty sloppy paint aps.

Reaction score
Managed to snag this at TRU today! This is a really cool little vehicle and it fits in the MTT perfectly. I found myself liking the Obi-Wan more than I thought I would. His main problem is he can only hold the lightsaber in his left hand, the other one is open too wide. The droid is similar (minor changes to the joints and neck) to the articulated ones included with the MTT and like others have pointed out his paint job is below par. The Obi-wan actually fits inside the vehicle, his arms look too wide but they do barely fit.

Though I don't feel totally ripped off that I paid 24 dollars for this the price is still high. The included figures are so simplistic I don't feel that they add much value to the package. I can see kids just tossing the Obi-wan aside in favor other, better Obi's.

Reaction score
I love the biographies on the back of these because they're so obviously non-canon. It says the pilots attack Republic ground forces led by Obi-Wan...however, the Republic did not have ground forces until Attack of the Clones, and this Obi-Wan is TPM. :p

However, that does bring out the inner child and me, and makes me want to swing by the store and grab one as fast as I can to create a story about how a young Obi-Wan led Republic forces in battle. Who cares about canon when it comes to toys? Well, collectors maybe. But certainly not the kids who'll play with these!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics. I'm still up in the air on this, but that might change when I see it on a shelf somewhere.

Reaction score
I love the biographies on the back of these because they're so obviously non-canon. It says the pilots attack Republic ground forces led by Obi-Wan...however, the Republic did not have ground forces until Attack of the Clones, and this Obi-Wan is TPM. :p

However, that does bring out the inner child and me, and makes me want to swing by the store and grab one as fast as I can to create a story about how a young Obi-Wan led Republic forces in battle. Who cares about canon when it comes to toys? Well, collectors maybe. But certainly not the kids who'll play with these!
The ship itself is in between eras too. It's intended to slot into a tpm vehicle yet has post AOTC Separatist emblems on it.
for me I guess this means it's really from ROTS time period since the logo matches with a brown MTT that you see in the Invisible Hand's hangar bay.

Reaction score
Yea Naboo was invaded for a 2nd time in the animated Clone Wars.

Reaction score
Exactly my problem. I've painted about 30 of them now, and it's just getting a little tedious, same with the other bd ranks I paint on a regular basis. It'll be nice to just get a BD straight out of the box and have it in a vehicle rather than continue painting the VC ones. If I didn't have so many Separatist vehicles that need pilots, everything would be ok lol.
You must have some seriously epic dioramas at your house!

Reaction score
This may have unintentionally become the most popular of this wave.

Reaction score
I need this minirig because, surprisingly, I don't own a Pilot Battle Droid. I don't expect this will be too hard to find.

Reaction score
Aside from the pilot droid, I got it for the fact that it's a separatist fighter that actually has a legit ****pit to sit him in. However I'm now thinking it's meant to be a droid in itself like all the others, but at least I don't feel like I'm cheating on canon by putting a figure in it (not that you can see). The geonosian fighter I have, but it's strictly for geonosians and the Grievous fighter doesn't seem strictly military.

TRU online in the US is my new go to store in the US I think. The Australian version has nothing but peg warmers from 2010.

I decided not to get the Yoda starfighter. I just don't buy that he had his own little miniature jedi starfighter. They could have put him in a Galactic Heroes jedi starfighter mold and done the same job.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm mildly interested in picking his one up - mostly because I bought the MTT and this looks like a nice counterpart to it. Saw one left at my local TRU but passed because of shoddy paint applications. The Seperstist logo on top was pretty dodgy. They were having a BOGO 1/2 off sale but there was nothing else I needed. I thought about getting the Yoda fighter for variety's sake but it was long gone. As poorly painted as every sample I've seen online is, though, I'd just as soon pass. Got a few rewards dollar vouchers to use up so I might stop back this coming week and try my luck again.

Reaction score
This one is back in stock on toysrus.com. Went ahead and ordered one tonight. Wondering how many of this wave will end up shipping out with the mess the current Star Wars line is in...

Reaction score
I got one at Toys R Us tonight. With my rewards dollars, the total for two items was the same as it will be at Target with my discount, but I'm probably returning the Yoda set. It will come out cheaper than Target then.

My only issue is that the brown is not the same color as the MTT itself.

Reaction score
I didn't think I would buy it, but I was able to snag one for 70€ with shipping, so it was too good to pass. It will be a fine dio to install with an AAT, a Fambaa, a Falumpaset and a bunch of Gungans :D

EDIT : whooops, wrong thread, I was talking about the MTT, not about the Droid Fighter of course !

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a great little mini-rig!
I prefer the new pilot Battle Droid to the original one with the Ep.1 scout tank too. Sadly the legs on mine were pretty badly warped and he had no chance of standing nicely.
The droid is just a repaint of one of the four better ones in the MTT set itself though and the legs are simple ball and socket joints. I just swopped them out and he stands fine. The colour is a tiny bit lighter on the pilot, but it doesn't notice where I have mine displayed.

Reaction score
Finally got around to opening mine up tonight. It's definitely a fun and cool looking little toy.

My battle droid also had very warped legs and cannot stand. Will have to boil and cool him and see if it helps.

Reaction score
Finally got around to opening mine up tonight. It's definitely a fun and cool looking little toy.

My battle droid also had very warped legs and cannot stand. Will have to boil and cool him and see if it helps.
it should work as it did for me. Once it's unwarped, the guy stands great.

Reaction score
Picked this up last night at the Milford TRU. :) It was the only one in stock. Glad to finally own a Pilot Battle Droid, and that I've completed my 2013 minirig collection. (Surprisingly, I really like the Obi-Wan figure, too!)

Reaction score
The Obi-Wan in this pack looks like an early release of a Saga Legends figure.

Reaction score
Kmart has the Yoda package 2 figure & Vehicle sets on sale for $15 including the MTT droid fighter.

Reaction score
Awesome likeness on the ObiWan headsculpt. Better than Sideshow's imo. They should make this the default TPM ObiWan head.

Reaction score
Found this as well as the rest of the wave at TJ Maxx this afternoon for $12.99.