Toys R Us

Reaction score
I saw tru put a lot on there site of wave 2 so I ordered the officer snow trooper and a few others but they sold out quick , they had some 2 packs as well, makes me happy since the closest tru is 45 miles away and the Kmart we have hasn't restocked anything .

Reaction score
Guess I'll have to set sail across the sea, to get stuff... Oh well, I've always wanted to visit anyways.

Reaction score
Seriously, that "Spider" security thing is retarded. If you can walk out of store with a box the size of a couch cushion without paying for it, you deserve it.

Reaction score
well there was a video i saw on tv or youtube a while back where a lady walked out of a store w/ a tv under her skirt so.....did she deserve the tv? i wouldn't think so, hense she got caught. today's world is to much into "entitlement" and not "responsibility"

Reaction score
oh, one more thing...seriously if you believe people deserve the items that steal then maybe you deserve to pay the raised prices stores implement as a result. grant it, theft is not the only reason for price increases, but it is a factor.

Reaction score
Well, first off, I was being facetious. Beyond that, though, thi thing is counterintuitive. It's the small stuff, like Pokemon cards and the like that need to be secured. No one is going to attempt to steal a Falcon. You don't see these on the all the boxed tvs in walmart and Target, so what's the point? It's just some corporate paradigm where any item > x gets one strapped to it when in reality it's a waste of time that ultimately winds up damaging the packaging of a collectors item this deterring the target buyer in the first place.

Reaction score
Well, first off, I was being facetious. Beyond that, though, thi thing is counterintuitive. It's the small stuff, like Pokemon cards and the like that need to be secured. No one is going to attempt to steal a Falcon. You don't see these on the all the boxed tvs in walmart and Target, so what's the point? It's just some corporate paradigm where any item > x gets one strapped to it when in reality it's a waste of time that ultimately winds up damaging the packaging of a collectors item this deterring the target buyer in the first place.
I know there is a lot of us, and I'd be very upset if I was MIB collecting and they did that stuff, but collectors are not the target audience, especially not these days.

Reaction score
Seriously, that "Spider" security thing is retarded. If you can walk out of store with a box the size of a couch cushion without paying for it, you deserve it.
It's to prevent people from opening it in-store and taking the product out which is much more easy to conceal. Also, it's a psychological deterrent more than anything like a home security alarm sign.

Reaction score
You would think so, but we've had a stroller and several carseats stolen, each much larger than one of these new Falcons, so it is possible. People are very crafty when it comes to this stuff, but consider that these things carry a dual purpose. On one hand, they are supposed to keep a box from walking out the door, but it also is supposed to keep the contents inside the box, at least a little bit better than the small pieces of tape that they use out of the factory. In the end, yes, you're correct, if someone comes in with the intention of taking something, a lot of times nothing will truly prevent them from doing so, and it does hurt the chances of some MIB collectors purchasing the items because of small box indents, but it's really just an added security measure that's meant to help keep the products in the stores and the prices down. It's unfortunate that we have to take precautions like that, but blame the underside of humanity for that, not the stores.

Reaction score
Ok, if it's too keep stuff in, then fine. And I can see it being on high value, smaller sized items, like say the Sphero or something. Just seemed silly to have it on a Falcon, cause then you'd have to have one on every razor scooter, playset, doll, ect. I guess this store feels that little BB-8 is at risk of being poached.

Reaction score
I take that as a challenge?
I'm being completely sarcastic, btw. im not going to jail for a toy.

Reaction score
IS anyone having online orders cancelled? I saw Captain Phasma 6 in come up, and ordered one, but then got an email today saying it was cancelled.

Reaction score
My local TRU is STACKED with wave 1. Won't get wave 2 here for a while...

Reaction score
TRU here has restocked wave 1 twice already. I hope we'll get a one new wave in November

Reaction score
IS anyone having online orders cancelled? I saw Captain Phasma 6 in come up, and ordered one, but then got an email today saying it was cancelled.
What I don't get is how they are allowing orders to be successfully placed, only to result in a cancellation email. I would assume that their website "add to cart" button is tied to their inventory, just like Amazon's is. If they, say, have 30 Phasmas in stock, and 30 people order it, then 30 orders should go through successfully without cancellation. It seems like they are allowing more people to order than what they have on hand. Or, possibly, a TRU.com employee saw the product on its way out to be shipped and decided to snag it for themselves, meaning someone gets an 'order cancelled' email.

Reaction score
I want to know who we contact about this. Both emailing and calling have just gotten me canned try again later responses. As many people as this has happened to and as angry as we all are, we should be able to get some sort of result here...

Reaction score
I want to know who we contact about this. Both emailing and calling have just gotten me canned try again later responses. As many people as this has happened to and as angry as we all are, we should be able to get some sort of result here...
This frustration seems to be the norm now snd sadly Ive come to expect it by now frim all retailers and given up. TRU, Walmart, Disney store, Ive had horrible customer service problems with all. These giants are to big to care, it seeems only the appearance of having customer service is important and not actual customer service.

Reaction score
Just a heads up:

I went to my TRU today & I heard one of the employees walkie-talkies and it was saying that all purchases today get 25% off. I'm not sure how legit this is, but it's worth calling your local TRU & finding out if they're having a sale like that. I didn't buy anything today, so I can't validate it through a receipt.

Reaction score
I was up at the TRU in Franklin TN today and they had 6 Snowtrooper Commanders. The price was 20 and some change after tax. I do agree about the lack of product. The big problem is that Hasbro put the dumbest carry over figure in wave 2(Finn in this case). Great they put in the Stormtrooper but really Finn?

Reaction score
Although I pre-ordered the 12" Phasma on the first day is was available way back when, ToysRUs sent me an email that my order might not be fulfilled with no estimated ship date.

But, the item is in stock on their site. I may order another and see what happens.

Wow, this is ridiculous. Talk about confusing.

Reaction score
Chalk this up to mass confusion. While I did receive the email that said my 12" Phasma order can't be fulfilled, I also received an email that it shipped as well. That email came 8 hours later.

I did order another one in case the first order doesn't come thru. I'm shaking my head at this mess.

Reaction score
Re-posting from the 12" forum, but I got in the 12" Phasma today (FYI I am someone who likes the character, not a little girl :grin:).

Very nice sculpt (her pose is much more natural than any of the other 12" figures Hasbro is making now) and the silver paint they used is truly gorgeous in-hand, this may very well be the best painted Phasma toy yet. There's also a whooping 7 points of articulation! :grin: Keeping mine in its packaging for now as there's an unsightly paint scuff on the top of her head, so I'm thinking about trying to exchange her for another, but then again it's not all that bad so I may just keep the one I've got. Overall this figure makes for a great display piece for just 15 bucks.

Reaction score
Re-posting from the 12" forum, but I got in the 12" Phasma today (FYI I am someone who likes the character, not a little girl :grin:).

Very nice sculpt (her pose is much more natural than any of the other 12" figures Hasbro is making now) and the silver paint they used is truly gorgeous in-hand, this may very well be the best painted Phasma toy yet. There's also a whooping 7 points of articulation! :grin: Keeping mine in its packaging for now as there's an unsightly paint scuff on the top of her head, so I'm thinking about trying to exchange her for another, but then again it's not all that bad so I may just keep the one I've got. Overall this figure makes for a great display piece for just 15 bucks.

This 12" Phasma does look nice. I may pick her up. The wrists looks articulated, I'm guessing those make the 6th and 7th points of articulation? Is the cape as soft as the Black Series cape?

Reaction score
This 12" Phasma does look nice. I may pick her up. The wrists looks articulated, I'm guessing those make the 6th and 7th points of articulation? Is the cape as soft as the Black Series cape?
That's correct! The swivel wrists are POA 6 & 7 and the cape is a soft, malleable plastic like the Black Series Phasma's cape.