Toys R Us

Reaction score
What were the coupons? The R2 I acquired on Sunday had a Clone Wars trailer and a link to a webgame. By Thursday, I couldn't find them in stock any longer.

Reaction score
The sale and USB promo really seemed to help my local TRU last week... they went through a box of the flash drives by Sunday afternoon and had to open up another one. By the end of the week, there were only 2 in stock. Basic figures flew off the shelves, so did battlepacks, a few vehicles, Legos, and even the Blu Ray sets. Unfortunatley, they never put out new figures. Just a few old picked over Clone Wars and Legends. I keep checking back to see if they;ve refilled the pegs, but so far no new Clone Wars.

Reaction score
The stuff on the R2 USB seem to vary. I had one that only had 3 PDF coupons on it and the other had no coupons but the trailer.

Reaction score
Have the coupons been uploaded anywhere? Would hate to miss out on some savings simply due to random luck of the draw when it comes to R2 units.

Reaction score
TRU.com has Clone Wars 2012 Wave 1 & Republic Troopers Battle Pack up for Pre-order. All are at ToysRus's inflated prices but if you want to secure a few things, now is the time.

Reaction score
Hello people. First time poster here so please excuse my ignorance on any subject that might seem obvious to others. I'm from the UK and I guess this is a mainly a US site so some of the issues might not be relevant. Basically, i'm a massive Star Wars fan and now my son is a massive fan too, the Jedi mind tricks worked!

Why does Toys R Us only carry the same old figures? We have only been collecting for about 3 months but already i'm noticing a pattern in the figures available. Same old same old every time we go in there. Me and my son look online at some of the figures from 2011 and we can't find them anywhere! Not in toys r us or other big toy chains, small independant stores or large supermarkets. We had a little excitement yesterday when we got Commander Jet and Savage Opress but these seem like they have been out for a while. Why would any store keep ordering the same old figures when there is so much selection about? We would love a Serpias and Riot Control Clone instead of a Death Star Trooper and and yet another Anakin.

So how does the supply chain work and whats the chances of getting some figures from last year that seem to be rare? Is there a swap section in these forums for people who might have lots of a certain figure in one area of the country but none in another?

Lately in my local Asda (Walmarts) they havent re-stocked. Are they clearing way for different figures or a new batch?

Reaction score
I'm from the UK and I guess this is a mainly a US site
You'll find lots of international folks here. New Zealand, Ireland, the UK, Germany, France, Australia, Canada, and others are represented here.

Why does Toys R Us only carry the same old figures? We have only been collecting for about 3 months but already i'm noticing a pattern in the figures available. Same old same old every time we go in there. Me and my son look online at some of the figures from 2011 and we can't find them anywhere! Not in toys r us or other big toy chains, small independant stores or large supermarkets. We had a little excitement yesterday when we got Commander Jet and Savage Opress but these seem like they have been out for a while. Why would any store keep ordering the same old figures when there is so much selection about? We would love a Serpias and Riot Control Clone instead of a Death Star Trooper and and yet another Anakin.

Lately in my local Asda (Walmarts) they havent re-stocked. Are they clearing way for different figures or a new batch?
Yes, Hasbro is preparing to release their 2012 line of toys in conjunction with The Phantom Menace 3D hitting theaters in February. Thus, things have been dry for several months as the retailers have been trying to clear through older stock. But figures like Seripas have always been rare. He appeared in one case assortment, and has not been a carry-forward figure. So, if you missed the case, then you are out of luck if you want to find it at retail. Your best bet now is the secondary market, or swapping.

Reaction score
Went in on truck day today and talked to an associate who said they had a case of CW in the back...and came back with wave 1. Ack!

Reaction score
Went in on truck day today and talked to an associate who said they had a case of CW in the back...and came back with wave 1. Ack!
Thats better than going to Target and them showing figures in the back and coming back with 2 or 3 figures all of which are Mace or Anakin...:(

Reaction score
I received a TRU flyer today in the mail saying that the BOGOHO sale will come back on 9/23 and through 9/29.
Well this week its buy 2 get one free. Which if you do the math is a better deal. BOGOHO is 25% each figure and B2G1F is 33% off each figure. Of course, it does mean you have to find 3 guys you want/need in the slim pickins that is TRU this time of year. But I think you can choose any Hasbro figure; i.e. GI Joe, Marvel, Spider-man, Avengers, etc.

Reaction score
GroupOn has a TRU promotion, buy a $20 gift certificate for $10. You have to buy it by November 25th, I think it takes a day or so to activate, and then it's good until December 24th for in-store use only. Limit is 1-per-customer.

Los Angeles Deal of the Day: Restaurants, Beauty, Health, Activities: Today's Featured Deal | Groupon
I bought and got it in less than an hour...used it to get one of the $19.99 vehicle 2-packs + some filler since I was $0.01 short of the Groupon minimum.

Reaction score
TRU is going bust. Boo.

They were the only place that I saw the very last TCW product to be released. The 501st AT-RT with 501st ARF driver and a Tactical Droid. They were in the Green Yoda packaging that for the most part never had wide release in the US.

You been Amazoned!!!!

Reaction score
Toys R us in the UK has also gone down the toilet after transferring millions of £££ offshore to the British Virgin Islands!

Reaction score
Honestly, TRU was nearly empty over the past year whenever I went in to check for stuff. Them, Sears, K-Mart, and others are doomed. I expect Target, WM, and Kohls to pretty much be the only retailers to remain healthy in the near future.

I read about how there was a plan to keep TRU sustainable, but that was rejected by the investors who wanted to get their money out while they could. I do not blame them one single bit. Who wants to watch their money slowly go down the drain when you could be putting it somewhere else where it could grow and do some good?

Its a changing world. My Star Wars has changed hard in the past few years, the toy lines have changed hard in the last few years, and now the retailers are changing.

At least I have my old stuff, pew pew pew........

Reaction score
Honestly, TRU was nearly empty over the past year whenever I went in to check for stuff. QUOTE]

Cyclone, I couldn't agree more. I work for R Us, and they are still sitting some merchandise that's two years old by now, not even on clearance. I got a lot of my TCW figures from TRU including my Captain Rex alarm clock which still wakes me up to this day. There is one that had a life-sized Rex built out of LEGO bricks, so I'm gonna miss that big time.