Toys R Us

Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
705
Reaction score
0
Location
Aurora, CO
PizzatheHut said:
he_guy said:
Looks like I won't be getting a Nikto Guard despite well over the required amount:
Sorry that TRU.com ran out. But, my local TRUs still has several on the pegs. Let me know if you'd like one at retail price and we can work out the details.
Thanks anyway, they are giving me a $10+tax credit. I wasn't all that excited about the figure, just the free part.
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
Star Wars Battle Packs ($19.99) & Deluxe Figure sets ($12.99) will be on sale starting Sunday!

Free $10 gift card with purchase of Force Unleashed II as well!
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
12,529
Reaction score
0
Local TRU Express (Great Mall Milpitas) has CW figures there for $4.97. No pegwarmers...did see Flamethrower clone wave there.
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Deak_Starkiller said:
Local TRU Express (Great Mall Milpitas) has CW figures there for $4.97. No pegwarmers...did see Flamethrower clone wave there.
hot dang! i would have bought it lol
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
12,529
Reaction score
0
butterfingers said:
Really, that's nice, what else did they have? I might need to go and check it out.
Same CW/Saga figs as any other regular TRU but they've got only a couple of pegs to fit in the store. On another more recent visit, they did get vintage but still priced at $9.99. All the recent CW wave was gone by then.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
5,459
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit
I was happily surprised to receive a gift card from TRU Mastercard that WASN'T associated with purchases made using my Mastercard. Has anyone else experienced this?
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
Did anyone take part in the 2-day B1G1HO sale over the last couple days? I didn't have a chance to make it in, but was wondering if there were any good scores there?

The Coupon that I saw showed a picture of an AT-AT so you could presumably have bought 2 AT-ATs (or maybe even 2 Rise of Boba UBPs?)
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
9,712
Reaction score
44
Location
Metro Detroit Area, Michigan
Silly 'Scummers... you should know by now that TRU doesn't get any stock for their sales, it usually just turns out to be a half cocked attempt to move the old stock that's been hanging for months...
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
AgentClaret said:
Silly 'Scummers... you should know by now that TRU doesn't get any stock for their sales, it usually just turns out to be a half cocked attempt to move the old stock that's been hanging for months...
Haha, shush. Let us live our dreams as we like...
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
9,712
Reaction score
44
Location
Metro Detroit Area, Michigan
Sorry for the harsh cynicism, but it's the horrific truth. Every time someone who knows of my Star Wars 'habit' notifies me helpfully that TRU is having a sale, I just sort of say thanks and roll my eyes...

However, there IS a silver lining to that situation. A week or two after these 'sales', lots of new stock comes in!
 
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
571
Reaction score
0
I used the B1G1HO for 2 Rise Of Boba Fetts!!! awesome deal!!!

most were oddly sold out, called around and found 2 in the warehouse!!
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
0
Location
Land of the Free
Has anyone else noticed that TRU has raised their prices on a couple of things?

- Deluxe Figures and Vehicle $19.99
- Battle Packs $26.99
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
j30spiff said:
Has anyone else noticed that TRU has raised their prices on a couple of things?

- Deluxe Figures and Vehicle $19.99
- Battle Packs $26.99
That's obscene. I know they absorbed FAO Schwarz, mostly for the name, but it seems the demon we thought was exorcized still lives.
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
3,240
Reaction score
0
Location
Plano, Texas
AgentClaret said:
However, there IS a silver lining to that situation. A week or two after these 'sales', lots of new stock comes in!
Yeah, TVC for $10 and TCW for $8. No thanks...I'll get my stuff at Target/Walmart.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
4,577
Reaction score
1
I love how that Boba set is $79.99. My Brians Toys catalog this month has it for around $200.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
SoonerSean said:
I love how that Boba set is $79.99. My Brians Toys catalog this month has it for around $200.
Brian's Toys must have lead paint because they've made him and his pricing INSANE!
I floated him the possibility of selling my complete 56 comic pack set (including the recent EE exclusives) and he offered $375, admitting he "could only pay less than $2 each for most comic packs." I guess that's so he can afford all those really expensive Rise of Boba Fett battlepacks, of which one of my stores has 37.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
5,459
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit
I just received an e-mailed Rewards R Us coupon for 20% off any regularly-priced item. The coupon is good January 25-27.
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
Need some advice here. So very torn. Several things to choose from at TRU but only one 20% coupon. Cast your vote on what you think I should get, the options are:
*Battle over Endor 4-pack (24.99 - 20% + tax = $22) (also, which one?)
*AT-RT w/ ARF Trooper ($15 - 20% + tax = $14.30)
*ARC Troopers Battle Pack ($30 - 20% + tax = $26.40)
*Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack ($80 - 20% - $5 Clone Cash + tax = $65)

Thanks in advance!
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
skytreader said:
Need some advice here. So very torn. Several things to choose from at TRU but only one 20% coupon. Cast your vote on what you think I should get, the options are:
*Battle over Endor 4-pack (24.99 - 20% + tax = $22) (also, which one?)
*AT-RT w/ ARF Trooper ($15 - 20% + tax = $14.30)
*ARC Troopers Battle Pack ($30 - 20% + tax = $26.40)
*Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack ($80 - 20% - $5 Clone Cash + tax = $65)

Thanks in advance!
I would choose the Rise of Boba Fett pack because your getting the best deal. The other ones you can pick up for cheaper at other stores except for the Battle over endor set which isn't that much anyways.
 
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
6,688
Reaction score
1
Location
Baudour Belgium
Halomite said:
skytreader said:
Need some advice here. So very torn. Several things to choose from at TRU but only one 20% coupon. Cast your vote on what you think I should get, the options are:
*Battle over Endor 4-pack (24.99 - 20% + tax = $22) (also, which one?)
*AT-RT w/ ARF Trooper ($15 - 20% + tax = $14.30)
*ARC Troopers Battle Pack ($30 - 20% + tax = $26.40)
*Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack ($80 - 20% - $5 Clone Cash + tax = $65)

Thanks in advance!
I would choose the Rise of Boba Fett pack because your getting the best deal. The other ones you can pick up for cheaper at other stores except for the Battle over endor set which isn't that much anyways.
I second that statement. Rise of Boba Fett BP. The exclusive Droid and the Slave 1 look amazing. I wish I had one! It's a great set from what I have seen.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
5,459
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit
skytreader said:
Need some advice here. So very torn. Several things to choose from at TRU but only one 20% coupon. Cast your vote on what you think I should get, the options are:
*Battle over Endor 4-pack (24.99 - 20% + tax = $22) (also, which one?)
*AT-RT w/ ARF Trooper ($15 - 20% + tax = $14.30)
*ARC Troopers Battle Pack ($30 - 20% + tax = $26.40)
*Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack ($80 - 20% - $5 Clone Cash + tax = $65)

Thanks in advance!
+1 for Slave I Battlepack. It's on sale + 20% off + $5 Clone Cash = no brainer
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
PizzatheHut said:
skytreader said:
Need some advice here. So very torn. Several things to choose from at TRU but only one 20% coupon. Cast your vote on what you think I should get, the options are:
*Battle over Endor 4-pack (24.99 - 20% + tax = $22) (also, which one?)
*AT-RT w/ ARF Trooper ($15 - 20% + tax = $14.30)
*ARC Troopers Battle Pack ($30 - 20% + tax = $26.40)
*Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack ($80 - 20% - $5 Clone Cash + tax = $65)

Thanks in advance!
+1 for Slave I Battlepack. It's on sale + 20% off + $5 Clone Cash = no brainer
You know I was leaning towards the UBP but my only concern is that these have been hanging around a while and doesn't that usually mean it'll show up at a ROSS or something eventually? I mean, I can afford to be patient.

That ARC Troopers Battle Pack on the other hand has been so rarely found...

But, I can definitely see where you're coming at (from a certain point of view)
!
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
3,316
Reaction score
1
Location
Maryland
I would pick up the Arc trooper BP at full price immediately. The coupon would be a little niceity.

Ask yourself what you would buy without the coupon coming into the equasion. Don't spend $60 extra dollars just to save $10.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
5,459
Reaction score
0
Location
Detroit
skytreader said:
You know I was leaning towards the UBP but my only concern is that these have been hanging around a while and doesn't that usually mean it'll show up at a ROSS or something eventually?
No, not really. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any TRU exclusive that has made its way to a discount outlet.

I'm quite frankly surprised that you are able to score the ARC BP on the shelves, so you might want to [censored] that before it disappears, but I still vote on using the coupon on the Slave I BP.
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
11,189
Reaction score
11
Location
Chandler, AZ
PizzatheHut said:
skytreader said:
You know I was leaning towards the UBP but my only concern is that these have been hanging around a while and doesn't that usually mean it'll show up at a ROSS or something eventually?
No, not really. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any TRU exclusive that has made its way to a discount outlet.

I'm quite frankly surprised that you are able to score the ARC BP on the shelves, so you might want to [censored] that before it disappears, but I still vote on using the coupon on the Slave I BP.
I've seen the Galactic Heroes' Rancor Pit and AT-RT sets at ROSS.
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
0
AaylaSecurasMan said:
PizzatheHut said:
skytreader said:
You know I was leaning towards the UBP but my only concern is that these have been hanging around a while and doesn't that usually mean it'll show up at a ROSS or something eventually?
No, not really. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any TRU exclusive that has made its way to a discount outlet.

I'm quite frankly surprised that you are able to score the ARC BP on the shelves, so you might want to [censored] that before it disappears, but I still vote on using the coupon on the Slave I BP.
I've seen the Galactic Heroes' Rancor Pit and AT-RT sets at ROSS.

Plus aren't people finding the Y wing at TJ Maxx or someplace like that?
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
PizzatheHut said:
skytreader said:
You know I was leaning towards the UBP but my only concern is that these have been hanging around a while and doesn't that usually mean it'll show up at a ROSS or something eventually?
No, not really. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any TRU exclusive that has made its way to a discount outlet.

I'm quite frankly surprised that you are able to score the ARC BP on the shelves, so you might want to [censored] that before it disappears, but I still vote on using the coupon on the Slave I BP.
Thanks for all the input guys! Here's how today went:
*Rise of Boba Fett UBP for $65.23 ($79.99 - 20% coupon - $5 Clone Cash)
*ARC Troopers BP for $22.43 ($24.99 - $5 Clone Cash) [yea, they actually let me use the $5 coupon on this!]

Total spent today: $87.66
Rise of Boba Fett UBP + tax (if someone with no coupons were to pick it up @ "sale price" of $79.99) = $87.78

Yea, sometime in the last 2 days they dropped the price on their BPs from $29.99 to $24.99!
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
11,189
Reaction score
11
Location
Chandler, AZ
darthtippy said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
PizzatheHut said:
skytreader said:
You know I was leaning towards the UBP but my only concern is that these have been hanging around a while and doesn't that usually mean it'll show up at a ROSS or something eventually?
No, not really. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any TRU exclusive that has made its way to a discount outlet.

I'm quite frankly surprised that you are able to score the ARC BP on the shelves, so you might want to [censored] that before it disappears, but I still vote on using the coupon on the Slave I BP.
I've seen the Galactic Heroes' Rancor Pit and AT-RT sets at ROSS.

Plus aren't people finding the Y wing at TJ Maxx or someplace like that?
Yes, but Pizza is referring to TRU exclusives, the Y-Wing was not a TRU exclusive. The GH sets that I mentioned were.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
4,058
Reaction score
0
I understand there may not be huge selection of "new" figures for this supposed sale, but the least they could do is fill the pegs with Obi-Wans or something. I walked into a store today that had 2 Aurras on a single peg and absolutely nothing on the rest.

Iva been to a total of 7 TRUs o er the course of 48 hours and I was able to buy a total of 2 figures. I can't even find an Artoo or Asohka. Stupid.
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
0
Two coupons available @ the TRU Registers / Guest Service good for $5 off any purchase of $25 or more:
1) First is valid 3/4 - 3/14
2) Second is valid 3/15 - 3/24

Valid in-store only. Combo with the 2 for $10.99 or w/ Clone Cash to get $10 off a vehicle!
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
4,058
Reaction score
0
I wish I could spend $25 or more at a TRU!

For the past week TRU has played me like a fool. In and out of store after store, day after day, for nothing. Tonight I just bought four boring figures in order to take advantage of the sale that I'll probably end up returning, anyway. Really wish I could have capitalized on it more, but there's nothing out there.
 
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
0
I want to like TRU, since its the last real toy store, but their prices are BS. The 2 for $11 deal is good, but only IF they had new CW figures.
 
Top