Toys R Us

Reaction score
Re: TRU Sale

spitty said:
PizzatheHut said:
I picked up the TRU Gunship this afternoon. After cashing in a coupon and TRU Mastercard rewards I got the price down to $9.22. I love the TRU Mastercard!
Can you explain what you did to get such a deep discount?

thanks
I'd be happy to explain.

The Toys R Us Mastercard gives you a 1% cashback on all purchases and a 4% cashback on TRU purchases. This cashback arrives in the mail in the form of Geoffrey dollars (TRU gift card). So, if you charge $1000/month to the credit card, you will receive $10 in Geoffrey dollars per month. If you charge $2000/month, you'll receive $20, etc. If you charge a lot at TRU, then you'll receive more since the % cashback is more. I charge very little at TRU, so I really don't count my TRU purchases in the mix.

It sounds like you have to charge a lot just to get $10 back, and you really do, but I charge EVERYTHING (groceries, gasoline, restaurants, household bills, etc) to my credit card and, here's the trick, in order to avoid finance charges you MUST pay off the balance before those finance charges accrue. If you start accruing finance charges, then there's no point to receiving the cashback gift cards.I pay off my purchases every week, so I never receive any finance charges. Basically, TRU is giving you free money. On average, I receive $10-20 per month in free TRU gift cards.

I'll let those gift cards accumulate and then cash them in on the TRU exclusives. I've had the card for 5-6 years and since then I've paid little to nothing for every TRU exclusive. Most recently I paid less than $10 for the Gunship, in July I got the Turbo Tank for FREE (I know, not an exclusive but I just wanted to pay $0 for it). Now, I'm saving up for the TIE Interceptor.

The TRU Mastercard is a great source of free money, if you know how to use it to your advantage.

If you have any questions let me know!

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
spitty said:
PizzatheHut said:
I picked up the TRU Gunship this afternoon. After cashing in a coupon and TRU Mastercard rewards I got the price down to $9.22. I love the TRU Mastercard!

thanks
I'd be happy to explain.

The Toys R Us Mastercard gives you a 1% cashback on all purchases and a 4% cashback on TRU purchases. This cashback arrives in the mail in the form of Geoffrey dollars (TRU gift card). So, if you charge $1000/month to the credit card, you will receive $10 in Geoffrey dollars per month. If you charge $2000/month, you'll receive $20, etc. If you charge a lot at TRU, then you'll receive more since the % cashback is more. I charge very little at TRU, so I really don't count my TRU purchases in the mix.

It sounds like you have to charge a lot just to get $10 back, and you really do, but I charge EVERYTHING (groceries, gasoline, restaurants, household bills, etc) to my credit card and, here's the trick, in order to avoid finance charges you MUST pay off the balance before those finance charges accrue. If you start accruing finance charges, then there's no point to receiving the cashback gift cards.I pay off my purchases every week, so I never receive any finance charges. Basically, TRU is giving you free money. On average, I receive $10-20 per month in free TRU gift cards.

I'll let those gift cards accumulate and then cash them in on the TRU exclusives. I've had the card for 5-6 years and since then I've paid little to nothing for every TRU exclusive. Most recently I paid less than $10 for the Gunship, in July I got the Turbo Tank for FREE (I know, not an exclusive but I just wanted to pay $0 for it). Now, I'm saving up for the TIE Interceptor.

The TRU Mastercard is a great source of free money, if you know how to use it to your advantage.

Not to mention if you add that on top of TRU rewards program, where the send you $5 and $10 off coupons every so often for amount spent, it really is a good way to go!

Reaction score

phantomrs said:
Not to mention if you add that on top of TRU rewards program, where the send you $5 and $10 off coupons every so often for amount spent, it really is a good way to go!
Good comment! I used a $10 off $50 coupon towards the Gunship, thanks to the rewards program.

Reaction score

thanks for the explaination. I do the same thing with my citibank credit card. I haven't cash in on it for over a year---better call now.

I only have the CW shark deco gunship....but this crumb bomber is BEAUTIFUL. I love the tinted window look and the extra missles. BUT mostly...I love how the bay doors close completely. I'll probably buy it cause gunships are expensive on the secondary market due to the shipping cost.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
spitty said:
PizzatheHut said:

thanks
I'd be happy to explain.

I'm so doing this.
BTW, Pizza, you're delicious!

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
PizzatheHut said:
spitty said:
PizzatheHut said:

thanks
I'd be happy to explain.

I'm so doing this.
You also get 10% off your first purchase.

Also drop your a few names and birthdays into the geoffry birthday kiosk. You get a $3 off any purchase coupon or a $5 off $25 purchase coupon. Those help too.

I have the TRU CC, but only use it at TRU to get the 4% back. So, I get the $10 gift card only every so often. For the rest of my purchases, I use a Capital One CC that pays 1% back on every purchase along with a 25% bonus on your rewards every year (that makes the bonus 1.25%...better than TRU CC 1% bonus on other purchase. I found another CC that gives me 3% back on my gas, at home improvement stores, office supply stores, etc. And then there is another one that gives me 3% back on my utilites and cable/internet. I cashed all 3 after a year and got a free 32" TV out of it. And as stated before, you have to pay off the CC every month. You don't have to pay it every week, but when the bill comes, you must pay off the whole balance you see on the bill. You do that, and you are making money.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
You also get 10% off your first purchase.

Also drop your a few names and birthdays into the geoffry birthday kiosk. You get a $3 off any purchase coupon or a $5 off $25 purchase coupon. Those help too.
These are both excellent money-saving tips as well. I signed up a few names several years ago, and throughout the year I receive random coupons just like those that you mentioned.

G

Heads up guys, ToysRus.com has CW 2010 wave 2 in stock for $7.99 each and they also have slots ready for the 2010 wave 1 Deluxe packs so keep checking.

Reaction score

Check your local TRU checkouts for a coupon booklet containing two $5 off $25 coupons, one valid 4/11-4/17 and the other valid 4/18-4/24.

Reaction score

To french scummers (there is not much
) , check out your Toys R Us, the Y Wing and the Turbo Tank are on clearance and "new" figures arrived : Luminara Unduli, Matchstick, Clone Gunner and Ziro's Assassin Droid for only 10 euros
. And the Abregado and Ryloth BP came from 29 euros to 24

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
To french scummers (there is not much
) , check out your Toys R Us, the Y Wing and the Turbo Tank are on clearance and "new" figures arrived : Luminara Unduli, Matchstick, Clone Gunner and Ziro's Assassin Droid for only 10 euros
. And the Abregado and Ryloth BP came from 29 euros to 24
Cool

Reaction score

Didn't have much of anything on Sunday, for the start of the 2 for $10.99 sale. Had to validate my presence there, so I bought 4 figs and used a $5 off coupon. Walked out paying $18, which equates to roughly $4.50 a fig

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Toys \' R\' Us Thread

Walked into TRU today and picked up a couple Nahdar Vebb figures, feels so good not having to go through the trouble of sending in forms and such. Thank god TRU is good for something after all.

Reaction score

***ATTENTION!***

For those of you who are interested in Clone Troopers, 501st Legion Troopers, Gungan Warriors, etc:

toysrus.com has FREE figures, TODAY ONLY, you just pay the S&H! You have to meet a minimum of $30 before discount of -$10 per figure will be applied (up to $50). This means you can "buy" up to TEN $4.99 figures for just the cost of shipping (tax free!). Again, deal is only good TODAY!

(You can thank me by sending me all the UPCs from your trooper-building efforts, hehe)

Don't say I never did anything for ya! ^_^

Reaction score

TRU.com is having a BOGOHO sale on figures, vehicles & acessories. However, it appears that you can only get one BOGOHO deal per order. I'm trying to order two vehicles and six figures, but the site is not giving me the deal on the figures, only the vehicles. Can anyone else confirm this?

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
TRU.com is having a BOGOHO sale on figures, vehicles & acessories. However, it appears that you can only get one BOGOHO deal per order. I'm trying to order two vehicles and six figures, but the site is not giving me the deal on the figures, only the vehicles. Can anyone else confirm this?
I can. Unfortunately, the TRU site limits you to one of each deal per order. So, you can BOGOHO on a pair of Transformers and a pair of Star Wars on one order, but not two pairs of Star Wars on the same order. Sucks, huh?

Reaction score

I'm hoping this includes the exclusives like the CW 2-packs for example. TRU has a reputation for having BOGO's like this and NOT include exclusives like they did with TF's. That's what the price checkers are for.

Reaction score

It DOES include the new vehicles, check it out!

Cloud Car and Snow Speeder.

They also have the blue and white Republic Fighter Tank available.

Reaction score

got my shipping notice from TRU.com for 5 each of the new Clone Wars wave.

Reaction score

Saw the CW figures on the new cards today at TRU. Didn't seem to be anyone new so I left them all.
A couple of the new Vintage were there as well.

Reaction score

Actually just went back to pick up a couple for some local guys,
there were 11 on the pegs , so someone else was there before me.
Picked up Grievous, Asajj, Oddball & ARF

Reaction score

TRU in Natick Massachusetts had 1 case of the NEW packaging Clone Wars, Legends & Vintage figures this morning. They also had a case of vehicles as well.

Reaction score

Bossk_MR said:
TRU in Natick Massachusetts had 1 case of the NEW packaging Clone Wars, Legends & Vintage figures this morning. They also had a case of vehicles as well.
Do the new CW Cases have the same release date restriction as the vintage?

Reaction score

skytreader said:
Bossk_MR said:
I have no idea...these figures were all pegged

Reaction score

Bossk_MR said:
skytreader said:
Bossk_MR said:
Just wondering, cuz the TRU by me is a real stickler on that release date thing. Everyone there fears they'll lose their job if they violate said release date, regardless of their dot-com's availability...

Reaction score

skytreader said:
Bossk_MR said:
skytreader said:
Bossk_MR said:

Found more at TRU in Auburn Ma and EVERYTHING had the date on it.....ALL the figures, Lightsabers, Star Wars Transformers....etc
Just wondering, cuz the TRU by me is a real stickler on that release date thing. Everyone there fears they'll lose their job if they violate said release date, regardless of their dot-com's availability...

Reaction score
Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
chrisdaclone said:
This isn't really an indication that the figure has hit TRU stores. Early samples are easily obtained from overseas sellers. I wait for the "guess what I saw at TRU" posts before I conclude that the figure has hit US soil.
That, and the fact that the seller is in Canada.

Reaction score

Figures sold in Canada have bilingual packaging (English and French). There is no French in this card. Even though the seller is in Canada, he got it from stock destined for somewhere else.