Toys R Us

Reaction score
Re: April Sales

Still have not seen any of the new Clone Wars figs at TRU.

Reaction score

Haloid1177 said:
I know that it doesn't have the brand-new movie craze as some of the other lines, I wish we could get some 2-for-9.99 deals, or maybe a $10 gift card with a $30 purchase. Star Wars never gets any sales. That shows some good and bad qualities in the line.
The last big Star Wars sale I can remember was in September 2007, I believe. Buy 2 figures, get one free - amongst other deals.

Reaction score

Joe_B said:
Haloid1177 said:
I know that it doesn't have the brand-new movie craze as some of the other lines, I wish we could get some 2-for-9.99 deals, or maybe a $10 gift card with a $30 purchase. Star Wars never gets any sales. That shows some good and bad qualities in the line.
The last big Star Wars sale I can remember was in September 2007, I believe. Buy 2 figures, get one free - amongst other deals.
I recall a sale earlier in the year of 2 for $11.99 or something along those lines. Not earth shattering but a discount nevertheless.

I expect specials around the new season and/or the season 1 dvd release as was the case when the movie was released.

Reaction score

TRU had a 2 for $9.99 sale at the time of the Jar Jar wave release. That;s the only reason I got him.

Reaction score

I miss the days of TRU having a BOGO deal that included vehicles.

Reaction score

Of course, right after their $30 off + free shipping sale is over, it comes back in stock! Thanks Geoffrey!

Reaction score

they match those at the store just to let you know, I got one that way last week, if you tell the manager they might still honor it, they did for me.

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
How's their reward program work? I gotta have enough for a certificate at this point.
It's a pathetic excuse for a rewards program. You must spend $150 within 3 months to receive $5. That's right, I repeat. You must spend $150 within 3 months to receive $5. Check out their pitiful program here.

On the other hand, if you're disciplined enough to buy everything with credit and then pay your balance off before finance charges accrue, the TRU Mastercard is golden. You earn 4% in Geoffrey dollars on TRU purchases and 1% on every other purchase. I charge everything I possibly can to my TRU Mastercard and generally receive $10-$20 every month in Geoffrey dollars. I then use that money to get the TRU exclusives for free or next to nothing. Last month, I accumulated enough to get the Turbo Tank for FREE.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Captain_Piet said:
How's their reward program work? I gotta have enough for a certificate at this point.
It's a pathetic excuse for a rewards program. You must spend $150 within 3 months to receive $5. That's right, I repeat. You must spend $150 within 3 months to receive $5. Check out their pitiful program here.

On the other hand, if you're disciplined enough to buy everything with credit and then pay your balance off before finance charges accrue, the TRU Mastercard is golden. You earn 4% in Geoffrey dollars on TRU purchases and 1% on every other purchase. I charge everything I possibly can to my TRU Mastercard and generally receive $10-$20 every month in Geoffrey dollars. I then use that money to get the TRU exclusives for free or next to nothing. Last month, I accumulated enough to get the Turbo Tank for FREE.
That's not a bad deal. I'll have to think about that.

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
PizzatheHut said:
Captain_Piet said:

That's not a bad deal. I'll have to think about that.
I know people who are Disney World enthusiasts and they have a Disney Mastercard-it works out REALLY well for them. They put everything on the card and pay it off immediatly. At the end of the year about 3/4 of their vacation is free.

Reaction score

I think the TRU rewards program is geared more towards people buying baby stuff. Beyond the rewards % on regular purchases, you get something extra for buying diapers. For everything else, yeah, it's pretty lame.

Reaction score
Re: TRU Sale

PizzatheHut said:
Sunday and Monday Only

TRU - Millenium Falcon - $79.99
TRU - AT-TE - $49.99
Yes, I saw this in the circular and was going to post it. Excellent bargain on both, particularly the awesome BMF. At that price, it's a must-buy.

Reaction score
Sale this week. Free Clone Commander manual with any Star Wars purchase of $30 or more.

$24.99 vehicles are $19.99 each.

Star Wars Transformers are $11.99 each.

Captain Rex Helmet and Ultimate Blaster are $29.99 each.

Star Wars Battleship and Clone Trooper Blaster Game are $29.98.

Clone Wars Monopoly is $25.99.

Clone Commandos DVD is $8.99.

Reaction score

I went to my local TRU today to spend $30 and get my free Clone Manual book. Well, it turns out they didn't even get then in. 'If you buy the toys now, you can come back at the end of the week and get your free poster' the clerk told me. Yeah, I believe that... esp since you don't even know it's a BOOK, not a poster, you are giving away. I put my stuff down and went to Target and bought a few $17.99 vehicles.

Reaction score

MightyMegs said:
I went to my local TRU today to spend $30 and get my free Clone Manual book. Well, it turns out they didn't even get then in. 'If you buy the toys now, you can come back at the end of the week and get your free poster' the clerk told me. Yeah, I believe that... esp since you don't even know it's a BOOK, not a poster, you are giving away. I put my stuff down and went to Target and bought a few $17.99 vehicles.
That's the way to go. I don't deal with TRU except for exclusives, and even then I usually order them online.

Reaction score

MightyMegs said:
What you don't know is that TRU *IS* giving away a poster. I got both the book and poster this afternoon from my local store. The poster was not advertised anywhere I could see but had the choice of what SW posters were in stock.

E...

Reaction score

efranks said:
What you don't know is that TRU *IS* giving away a poster. I got both the book and poster this afternoon from my local store. The poster was not advertised anywhere I could see but had the choice of what SW posters were in stock.

E...
What does this book contain? Anything of interest?

Reaction score

efranks said:
MightyMegs said:

E...
Well, then, my TRU didn't have the book OR poster to give out. That makes it better.

Reaction score

Toys R Us has CW figs buy 2, get 1 free. I picked up Gree, Bane, and Denal online for $22. Nice to finally get these guys.

Reaction score

bobafett1701 said:
Toys R Us has CW figs buy 2, get 1 free. I picked up Gree, Bane, and Denal online for $22. Nice to finally get these guys.
This offer also apply's instore and all week.

Reaction score

Be nice if my TRU store actually had something to buy... We'll see if they get anything in this week, but I doubt it

Reaction score

obione said:
Be nice if my TRU store actually had something to buy... We'll see if they get anything in this week, but I doubt it
Man... I so agree! My local TRU has the same figures ALL the time. The last time I bought something SW related at the place was for Commander Ponds and a 327th Star Corps Clone trooper.

Reaction score

My local store took down the big setup up front and replaced it with Disney Princess stuff. The SW aisle was loaded with even more SL and old CW. Same deluxe packs as before but more of them, $7.99 for the old titaniums now and several boxes stacked high above the aisle of turbo tanks, falcons and AT-TE. Nary a y-wing to be found.

Reaction score

QuePaso said:
My local store took down the big setup up front and replaced it with Disney Princess stuff. The SW aisle was loaded with even more SL and old CW.
Same scenario here at the two stores I hit yesterday. I did see one Y-Wing, but I keep passing on it. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on this one. I am grateful for the deluxe figure sale, though. I've been holding off on a few of these, just because I don't believe they're worth the regular retail. But for $13 bucks, run that!

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Same scenario here at the two stores I hit yesterday. I did see one Y-Wing, but I keep passing on it. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on this one.
Same here. I've come across half a dozen but always seem to have something to have something else as a priority. I'm sure I'll get it around the holidays as part of my son's gifts.

Reaction score

Got a free Ponds, but only after buying stuff I didn't really want. Go figure...

Reaction score

I picked up the TRU Gunship this afternoon. After cashing in a coupon and TRU Mastercard rewards I got the price down to $9.22. I love the TRU Mastercard!

Reaction score

Picked up a gunship not bad used clone cash to help with the tax.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
I picked up the TRU Gunship this afternoon. After cashing in a coupon and TRU Mastercard rewards I got the price down to $9.22. I love the TRU Mastercard!
Can you explain what you did to get such a deep discount?

thanks