Toys 'R' US Thread

Reaction score
thanks!!! i have some friends that frequent tru when i cant get to it so I keep showing them loose pics but they arent too star wars savvy and need to see the enitire picture for some reason.

Reaction score
They're in stock now, actually. I just ordered both of them.

Unfortunately, they don't qualify for the online-only 20% off $100 promotion. If I'm spending $80, I might as well put another $21 in my cart and pay $81 for more stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Either I'm just really lucky or they are like Sand People and are starting to show up in greater numbers. I spotted two more Ewoks and one more Pilots today at a different TRU.

Reaction score
I ran in today to see if by chance they had the bespin leia wave (they didn't), but I did spot one of each 5 pack on a lower shelf.

Reaction score
Both pilot packs (Yavin and Ewoks) are available online as of right now, just placed my order.

Reaction score
TRU emailed me a coupon for $5 off $25, valid 8/31 - 9/3.
Within the email there's a link to additional coupons, one being BOGOHO Star Wars action figures, playsets & accessories. Ewoks & Pilots, anyone??

kk1

Reaction score
TRU emailed me a coupon for $5 off $25, valid 8/31 - 9/3.
Within the email there's a link to additional coupons, one being BOGOHO Star Wars action figures, playsets & accessories. Ewoks & Pilots, anyone??
Worked thanks.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me get it?

I still don't get TRU emails even though I use my Rewards card... Don't even though why I bother, never get any actual rewards on it.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Can anyone help me get it?

I still don't get TRU emails even though I use my Rewards card... Don't even though why I bother, never get any actual rewards on it.
Hopefully this helps.

I posted this in the Coupon and Codes thread but it's worth reposting here.

Here is the coupon. There is also a Buy-One-Get-One-Half-Off sale on Star Wars.

Hosted Email

I'll try and post any TRU coupons in the Codes and Coupons thread over in The Vintage Collection area.

Reaction score
Went to my TRU today and bought the Ewok and Pilot sets with the BOGOHO offer (no coupon needed) and the $5 off coupon, total came to $59 and change, so getting each set for about $30 each was nice, I will be returning them with my original full price receipt.

Reaction score
Went to my TRU today and bought the Ewok and Pilot sets with the BOGOHO offer (no coupon needed) and the $5 off coupon, total came to $59 and change, so getting each set for about $30 each was nice, I will be returning them with my original full price receipt.
So you bought a set you don't intend to keep to make $20? Wouldn't it have been best to leave them for someone that is truly looking for them?

Reaction score
So your screwing the store out of $20? What the hell is wrong with you.

Reaction score
So you bought a set you don't intend to keep to make $20? Wouldn't it have been best to leave them for someone that is truly looking for them?
I have no idea what you mean, I didn't make $20, I saved $20, the sets are going back to the store and someone else that "is truly looking for them" will buy them. It is no different than buying them for the first time or no different that those getting adjustments and money back from TRU when these were $31.99 earlier this week. Again, not sure what's wrong with buying stuff when they are on sale :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean, I didn't make $20, I saved $20, the sets are going back to the store and someone else that "is truly looking for them" will buy them. It is no different than buying them for the first time or no different that those getting adjustments and money back from TRU when these were $31.99 earlier this week. Again, not sure what's wrong with buying stuff when they are on sale :confused:
I see what your saying. Your original post was not clear the way it was written and the punctuation used. It read as if your returning the sets your just bought with the BOGOHO and $5 coupon, not the sets you already had.

Reaction score
TRU had the Ewoks and Pilot pack. I got them to price match the website price and the buy 1 get 1 half off. Yay.

Reaction score
I see what your saying. Your original post was not clear the way it was written and the punctuation used. It read as if your returning the sets your just bought with the BOGOHO and $5 coupon, not the sets you already had.
Is there a difference?

Buy two sets at full price. Take them home, open them.
Two days later, buy two more sets at BOGO. Keep them in your car.
The next day, return the new sets using the old receipt.
Toys R Us ends up with $60.

Alternatively, you buy two sets at full price.
You buy two more sets at BOGO.
You return the old sets with the old receipt.
Toys R Us gets $60.

The sets are identical. It's not like you're returning a $30 Endor pilot set with a $40 Yavin pilot receipt.

Reaction score
Is there a difference?

Buy two sets at full price. Take them home, open them.
Two days later, buy two more sets at BOGO. Keep them in your car.
The next day, return the new sets using the old receipt.
Toys R Us ends up with $60.

Alternatively, you buy two sets at full price.
You buy two more sets at BOGO.
You return the old sets with the old receipt.
Toys R Us gets $60.

The sets are identical. It's not like you're returning a $30 Endor pilot set with a $40 Yavin pilot receipt.

Exactly.

The original two sets, Initial Ewoks Set, E[SUB]1[/SUB], and Initial Pilots Set, P[SUB]1[/SUB], came out to $43ish give or take the tax rate where he lives.

The trick is, he already opened them, yet saved the initial receipt, R[SUB]1[/SUB]D[SUB]1[/SUB].

So by purchasing the new sets, E[SUB]2 [/SUB]and P[SUB]2 [/SUB]with new discounted receipt R[SUB]2[/SUB]D[SUB]2[/SUB], yet saving the receipt R[SUB]1[/SUB]D[SUB]1[/SUB], he can then return these new sets on the old receipt, thus getting that approximately $20-24'ish back.

Reaction score
My TRU only stocks the SW items about every 2-3-4 months, so it'll be a while till I find the Ewok set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you have the receipt, and depending on the cashier, they can just adjust the price if its within the 90 days. Basically they return the 2 original and then sell them abck to you at the same price. Shouldnt need the items in hand. Also if you are a Rewards member they can look up your transaction and receipt with that.

Also the flyer this week has a coupon for buy one get one 75%. I used it to get 2 ewok sets for $50+tax. My store had recently restocked with 2 cases worth of the sets. No speeder bikes spotted yet though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you have the receipt, and depending on the cashier, they can just adjust the price if its within the 90 days. Basically they return the 2 original and then sell them abck to you at the same price. Shouldnt need the items in hand. Also if you are a Rewards member they can look up your transaction and receipt with that.

Also the flyer this week has a coupon for buy one get one 75%. I used it to get 2 ewok sets for $50+tax. My store had recently restocked with 2 cases worth of the sets. No speeder bikes spotted yet though.

14 days is the max they will do a price adjustment, you'll have to return and repurch.

Reaction score
$10 groupon for $20 worth of product... (~$11 speeder bike is in my future)

Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us Deal of the Day | Groupon Pittsburgh

(link above says Pittsburgh, but it doesn't matter)

Terms...
Expires Dec 24, 2012
Limit 1 per person. In-store only. Not valid outside USA. Not valid until 11/23/12 at 5PM. Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards including those for digital content, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more. Not withstanding anything above or below, vouchers not valid with Toys"R"Us after 12/24/12. Thereafter, Groupon will refund amount paid in Groupon credit for unredeemed vouchers. See full terms and conditions.
See the rules that apply to all deals.

Reaction score
Last night I bought two of the new deluxe vehicles at Toys R Us.

There were four of them on a peg marked $18.99 (with a description that could easily apply to these items). I took the two I wanted to the register, where they rang up (as I expected) at $23.99. I mentioned to the cashier that they were marked $18.99, to which she responded "Well, it lied to you."

I didn't press it, since there was a manager standing right behind her who always seems to treat me like a criminal, but found that very strange, and possibly illegal. With my $16 in rewards dollars, the total price was less than it would have cost me to buy them at Target when they eventually arrive there, but I found the whole situation strange.

Reaction score
Last night I bought two of the new deluxe vehicles at Toys R Us.

There were four of them on a peg marked $18.99 (with a description that could easily apply to these items). I took the two I wanted to the register, where they rang up (as I expected) at $23.99. I mentioned to the cashier that they were marked $18.99, to which she responded "Well, it lied to you."

I didn't press it, since there was a manager standing right behind her who always seems to treat me like a criminal, but found that very strange, and possibly illegal. With my $16 in rewards dollars, the total price was less than it would have cost me to buy them at Target when they eventually arrive there, but I found the whole situation strange.
It was my understanding that if something is marked for a certain price, they HAD to sell it to you at that price???

Reaction score
I did the receipt survey, but I think I'm going back tomorrow to bring it up with someone. Hopefully there's a different manager. Also, that the others are still on that peg.

Reaction score
I went back this morning. A much nicer (and newer, by the year on her name tag) person helped me, and gave me $10 (plus tax) back with no issue. My total for both is now $23. Not too bad.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
My TRU is charging $27.99 for these Class 1 vehicles, $4 more than TRU.com. This is the same TRU with the $289 Falcon and $208 MTT. Don't understand the extra high prices in this store, may have to go and talk with a manager.

Mike

Reaction score
My TRU is charging $27.99 for these Class 1 vehicles, $4 more than TRU.com. This is the same TRU with the $289 Falcon and $208 MTT. Don't understand the extra high prices in this store, may have to go and talk with a manager.
Same situation at my TRU. I went up to customer service and simply asked if they would match the online price, and they did without any problems.

Reaction score
I noticed that the TRU locations in the NYC area (Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island, to be exact) had higher prices than the ones outside the city limits (ie, Valley Stream, LI). Of course, there was a better selection of toys in the Brooklyn and SI stores!