Toys 'R' US Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Here is the general discussion thread for all things related to Toys 'R' Us with this toyline.

Last edited:
Reaction score
your welcome! im not sure how true this is but, i spoke with a manager at toys r us today. i asked if there is going to be a huge display for the release of the movie and vintage figures on the 30th. he had no idea what i was talking about.i brought up that the movie is re releasing and there are figures etc. he told me there arent any plans for a display.hopefully he is mistaken. i cant imagine toys r us wouldnt do a midnight release or a giant display.

Reaction score
toysrus.com has new phantom menace vehicles for sale. i dont have the sith speeder so i bought that one. Star Wars Sith Speeder Vehicle with Darth Maul Figure - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us
Wow, a straight up re-issue of a figure/vehicle from TPM... I don't know what else to say.

I would definitely think that TRU will have a front store display for TPM - they've had front store displays for every SW movie before, including CW. They might not have a midnight release and ikewise I'm thinking they also won't have a special promo/exclusive figure tie-in either.

Reaction score
i will only get the sith speeder because i dont have one. this has got me thinking.. is this it? is hasbro's plan just to release all the same stuff we have been getting?! and what happens after the vintage line is finished?i cant see how the star wars line could last if the vintage line ever ends. if george lucas makes a new trilogy, that would be the only thing to save star wars.

Reaction score
I'm SORT of tempted by the Sith Speeder. I never got the original (or rereleases) either, and I guess it'd be cool to have.

But not at the price it's going to be. I'd just end up tossing the Maul or giving it to a kid, and the speeder isn't worth the around $20 to me...

Reaction score
out of all the upcoming phantom menace stuff coming out, including all battle packs, single carded figures and vehicles. Is anything new?

Reaction score
out of all the upcoming phantom menace stuff coming out, including all battle packs, single carded figures and vehicles. Is anything new?
Class 2 Naboo Starfighter - 100% new vehicle
Class 2 AAT - Updated Cockpit & Paint
Class 2 Anakin's Pod Racer / Sebulba's Pod Racer / Sith Infultrator / Republic Fighter Tank - repainted
Republic Troopers Battle Pack - 3 new re-painted Troopers
Movie Heroes Wave 2 - 4 100% new figures & 1 updated figure
Clone Wars Wave 1 - 3 100% new figures
Vintage TPM Wave - 10 100% new figures
Discover the Force Wave (Wal-mart) - 4 100% new figures & 1 new-tool figure
Discover the Force Vulture Droid (Wal-mart) - re-painted
Starship Droids Battle Pack (Wal-mart) - 4 re-painted Droids
Pod Racer Pilot Battle Pack (ToysRus) - 2 re-painted figures

There is plenty of new here guys, so stop complaining everything is a re-pack because it's not true.

Reaction score
WOW. $9.99 for the CW and repack Movie Hero figures. Thanks Geoffrey!

Reaction score
WOW. $9.99 for the CW and repack Movie Hero figures. Thanks Geoffrey!
THAT IS RIDICULOUS for the same figures this year that went for what 7.99? they're now going for a full 2$ more??!? yep will be limiting myself to 1 fig/line/wave from now on.

Reaction score
THAT IS RIDICULOUS for the same figures this year that went for what 7.99? they're now going for a full 2$ more??!? yep will be limiting myself to 1 fig/line/wave from now on.
They should be 8.99 in other stores. Not a ton better, but at least it's a buck cheaper than vintage.

Reaction score
which movie heroes wave 2 are brand new? im curious because i have been out of the loop for a while now.

Reaction score
I thought the gungan warrior was the BAD figure with new accessories. It's a new mold?

Reaction score
The Gungan Warrior is the one new-tool figure in the Wave. Head, torso, & belt are all new plus the accessories are new as well.
I saw the pictures in his thread. Looks great!

More on topic with the thread, do we know if the tru exclusive set is also scheduled for 1/30?

Reaction score
So, I walked into my local TRU this morning and was greeted by a massive Star Wars display sitting at the front of the store, it reminded me a lot of how TRU would do this for all the big Star Wars prequel releases 1999-2005. It was quite amazing! I walked in hoping that all the Movie Heroes figures would be available for purchase and totally was not expecting to see a massive 16-20 foot display with all the new Movie Heroes, newer Saga Legends, toy lightsabers, ships, vehicles, and the newest Vintage Carded figures, I was in awe. I was half expecting the store to have a few scattered Movie Heroes figures mixed in with older Saga Legends and Clone Wars figures along with peg warmers for the VC stuff, but instead I was greeted with a robust selection of everything and to top it off all Movie Heroes figures were buy 2/get 1 free. I bought a total of 6 figures to start (Yoda, Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Vader, R2-D2) and I plan on going back on Monday to grab another 6 in hopes that they're still at that price, if not than I'll buy a bunch anyway because I need them. I was a bit disappointed that the figures were $9.99 each, but with the B2/G1 free sale it kind of made up for the steep price of the figures, either way I'm just so excited to finally have these in my possession!

Reaction score
I believe the sale ends Saturday, 2/4/12
Bummer. Any which way, I think there is only 1 or 2 more figures I actually want in wave 1 anyhow so I guess it's no big deal.

You know what I liked best about my trip to TRU yesterday? It's the fact that for the first time since Episode III there were other collectors shopping the Star Wars figures, it was nice to see collectors out and about in the wild.

Reaction score
This gives me a chance to go to TRU again. I haven't been there in a LONG time. Hopes are high, expectations are low.

Reaction score
I've got a coupon for 20% off entire purchase that I'm treating like gold. It expires on the 15th so I really hope TRU gets the Ewoks and Pilots in by then and they don't sell out by the time I get there.

I'll also be cashing in several TRU Mastercard Rewards, so both sets will be free!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took the $5 coupon with me today in hopes of finding the ewoks and pilots sets, and of course they had nothing. Not even a space for them. I did however see my first figure swap in the wild. I wish I could have taken a pic of it. Someone swapped a VC maul with an older one, and then used half a roll of scotch tape to put the bubble back on the card.

Reaction score
Took the $5 coupon with me today in hopes of finding the ewoks and pilots sets, and of course they had nothing.
Yeah, I tried that, too, to the same effect. Staff was doing a reset and there was a shelf tag. They said to expect it in the "next couple of weeks."

Reaction score
I called Toys R Us yesterday to see if they had he exclusive packs, and it took them seven minutes to answer the phone. I said I had an item number, and they put me on hold for another three minutes.

It took ten seconds for them to say they didn't.

Reaction score
Yeh I don't think these new packs are hitting the east coast for an other 2 weeks. Do u see what our west coast friends are selling them for on eBay ?

Reaction score
There are tags for each set on an endcap now. I'm hoping that means they are coming soon.

Once they arrive, I don't have to go there again until the speeder bike is shipping.

Reaction score
So coupon expires tomorrow and my TRU's truck is almost certainly coming Friday. And there is literally nothing to buy. :|

Reaction score
I stopped by one of the local stores today looking for the Ewoks. They had none, but I saw a coffin of series 3 S.L.U.G. zombies so I headed to a register. The girl asked if I found everything ok, I laughed and said not even close. She asked what I needed and I told her. A few minutes later they had retrieved both sets from the back for me! Score! Everybody that helped me out was great, too. Now if only I had a coupon to soften the blow!

Reaction score
I stopped by one of the local stores today looking for the Ewoks. They had none, but I saw a coffin of series 3 S.L.U.G. zombies so I headed to a register. The girl asked if I found everything ok, I laughed and said not even close. She asked what I needed and I told her. A few minutes later they had retrieved both sets from the back for me! Score! Everybody that helped me out was great, too. Now if only I had a coupon to soften the blow!

no pics????

no offense but I never saw a cashier going into the backroom to search for merch. she/he could get fired for leaving thier register unattended.

Last edited:
Reaction score
haha, none taken, I never actually said I was at a cashier though. I went to the only "open" cash register which was at the service desk. The girl there had one of the guys check the back after her computer showed them in stock. It said 4 were in the store, but the guy who grabbed them said they had 2 of each set, so their system may not differentiate between the two sets. I didn't post pics, I assumed the thread for the Ewok Pack already had a bunch, but I can snap a few if needed...