Toybiz - Lord of the Rings Action Figures

Reaction score
I see its been awhile since a post has been made. That aside I am still an active toybiz Lotr collector.
Have a lot of loose figures and some packaged gems. Always looking too add more and engage with some fellow collectors.
Happy collecting. Still searching for Burger King Uruk hai!

Reaction score
I see its been awhile since a post has been made. That aside I am still an active toybiz Lotr collector.
Have a lot of loose figures and some packaged gems. Always looking too add more and engage with some fellow collectors.
That's a tough one to find.Good luck.I've never seen one in person,only pics on the net.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, let's re-energize this thread. I'm a huge LOTR fan and collector of this line. I collected all of them back when they were hitting shelves. I actually got into collecting with LOTR, then went onto SW after the Toybiz line stopped.

About 6 years ago I packed up all my figures before my first child was born, needed the space, etc. So, they've all been packed away for years, but I just recently got my LOTR figures out this week and started to take inventory of what I have. I'm an opener, and don't care for tiny variations, but I consider my collection almost complete.

I never got a hold of 4 figures from the Epic Trilogy wave 2 since it never hit the US. Well I just bought Legolas from BBTS, and I won a loose Morgul Lord with fiery sword on eBay. The seller is checking to see if he can get the other 2 I need also (Eowyn Shield Maiden, and Mordor Orc Lieutenant.) Apart from those, I think I have a "complete" loose collection. I still need to finish cataloging what I have to decide if there are any variations that are different enough for me to feel like I need -- example, the various Gandalf the Whites with the white/yellow/cloth robes.

I DO have a Burger King Uruk! Bought it on eBay back in like 2003 or something for like $75 if I remember. It's actually not that special, and if I recall it's just a kit-bash Lurtz or Uruk body with a new head, and of course the helmet.

Reaction score
It was an Exclusive. Not sold in the restraunt, I think it was some kind of mail-away. This was a great line. Miss it terribly.

Reaction score
I got it too...as I remember it had no weapons or sheild included...just a removable helm. Def. looked kit bashed. I have amost 98% of this line unopened, and man do they take up space in storage because of packaging.

Reaction score
Unless I find another box I missed, I finish going through my LOTR figures last night. I remembered one of the few things that drove me crazy about this line -- the numerous Aragorn and Legolas figures. I mean, I get it, they're the heroes that the average consumer or kid would want, but for collectors it is frustrating. I think they re-released the Helm's Deep Aragorn and Legolas figures like 6 different times with variations, like the same body but totally new head sculpts, etc. I think they did this to a lesser extent with Gimli and Frodo.

Reaction score
I think I had more fun collecting this line than any other:

1) Great sculpts / paint apps / character selection.
2) Price point - Extremely reasonable for what you were getting.
3) Availability - Never got frustrated when hunting @ retail for what I wanted.

And even though I wasn't able to get a couple of the HTF figures at the end of it's run the line seemed to end at the right time, too. My collection is large to be certain but it never got to the point where it became ridiculously bloated and needed thinning out (I'm looking at you SW collection).

Reaction score
Yeah, the Burger King Uruk Hai was a mail-away, and like mentioned, it was a no frills figure with just a helmet, nothing else.

I agree, the LOTR collection is just right with some great variety and I LOOOOOVE the gift sets! The only thing that bums me out is there were some figures they had announced that were pretty cool that they never got to, but the thing that REALLY bums me out is they had announced a Balin's Tomb gift set, so I just imagined an amazing box set with a little cardboard tomb they could stand around with a cave troll. That would have been amazing!

Reaction score
The gift sets were the best. Still bummed I wasn't able to get the Black Gates of Mordor gift pack for the Mouth of Sauron figure.

Reaction score
The gift sets were the best. Still bummed I wasn't able to get the Black Gates of Mordor gift pack for the Mouth of Sauron figure.
Yeah, Mouth of Sauron on his horse is pretty sweet. The Lothlorien gift set & Helm's Deep were nice (that HD Haldir Exclusive is one of my favorite figures in the line... along with both Faramir figures).

The best had to be the Pelennor Fields pack... It has 3 exclusives, an orc, Soldier of the Dead, and the amazing Mumakil Rider.

The only downside was that I ended up with handfuls of extra Aragorns and Legoli (plural) due to the gift packs. Small price to pay though for those sweet exclusives.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was an Exclusive. Not sold in the restraunt, I think it was some kind of mail-away. This was a great line. Miss it terribly.
I think they had 5000 shipped and it went so fast that BK re-released the Lurtz in a small white box at 2500 pieces.
I also miss the days when I could go to Wal-Mart and Toys r Us and buy a bunch off the shelf.
2nd hand market is overpriced and difficult

Reaction score
^^^ Even better was when KB Toys went out of business in my area. Was getting horse and rider sets for $5. Figures for $1.50. Oh man, so great.^^^

Reaction score
^^^ Even better was when KB Toys went out of business in my area. Was getting horse and rider sets for $5. Figures for $1.50. Oh man, so great.^^^
Definitely. I picked up several black riders -- I had a goal of getting 9 to display in persuit of Arwen/Frodo on horseback. I got up to 7 black riders.... never quite made it to the full 9!

Reaction score
Yeah, Mouth of Sauron on his horse is pretty sweet. The Lothlorien gift set & Helm's Deep were nice (that HD Haldir Exclusive is one of my favorite figures in the line... along with both Faramir figures).

The best had to be the Pelennor Fields pack... It has 3 exclusives, an orc, Soldier of the Dead, and the amazing Mumakil Rider.

The only downside was that I ended up with handfuls of extra Aragorns and Legoli (plural) due to the gift packs. Small price to pay though for those sweet exclusives.

Still don't have this set. Which is a major bummer because those 3 exclusives are amazing.
I think the box looks so awesome so I'm hoping to snag a pack for an affordable rate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am still trying to research the ever mysterious Arwen Asfaloth Red Pack. The apparent holy grail of toybiz.
The only thing I have ever seen is a post from 2004 saying it sold for $500+ on ebay.
Does anyone have any backstory on this set, where it was released, how many etc?

Reaction score
Speaking of gift sets, my all time favorite is the full Fellowship gift set. I like the one with the cloth cloaks of Lothlorien for everyone except Gandalf who has a grey cloth cloak. I suppose technically he shouldn't even be with them at that point, but it's all good. That's why I also bought the one in red packaging with the regular plastic cloaks for everyone.

Reaction score
Speaking of gift sets, my all time favorite is the full Fellowship gift set. I like the one with the cloth cloaks of Lothlorien for everyone except Gandalf who has a grey cloth cloak. I suppose technically he shouldn't even be with them at that point, but it's all good. That's why I also bought the one in red packaging with the regular plastic cloaks for everyone.
Think my favorites (that I actually have in my collection) are "The Defeat of Sauron" pack with Sauron, Elendil, and Gil-Galad and "The Final Battle of Middle Earth" pack with Aragorn, Gandalf, Attack Troll and Merry & Pippin.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm enjoying this little walk down amnesia lane. :grin:

Reaction score
Think my favorites (that I actually have in my collection) are "The Defeat of Sauron" pack with Sauron, Elendil, and Gil-Galad and "The Final Battle of Middle Earth" pack with Aragorn, Gandalf, Attack Troll and Merry & Pippin.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm enjoying this little walk down amnesia lane. :grin:
Me too!
I love the There and Back Again set, and the Fell Beast for my collection.
Defeat of Sauron is quite rare. Still searching on that one.

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get protective cases for the moon box LOTR figures?

Going to a con at the end of the month and wanted to get Billy Boyd's and Sean Astin's autographs on them.

Reaction score
Bam! Here you go: Lord of the Rings

They are from the company that makes the cases for AFA, or is the same company, I don't know, I can't keep track. They are pricey though. $25.99-$26.99 plus crazy expensive shipping. I had some of these for my autographed Sean Astin figure and one other figure, and while pricey, I can't think of a better way to display them. The cases look great in my opinion.

Reaction score
Jeez. At those prices the cases are worth more than the majority of MOC half-moon figures.

Reaction score
Jeez. At those prices the cases are worth more than the majority of MOC half-moon figures.
Sad but true. I would only get those for very, very special figures, otherwise you'll be spending a fortune. The only two figures I had them for for the LOTR were my Sean Astin autographed Samwise and my TT Helm's Deep Gimli.

Reaction score
Yikes, thanks for the link, but those prices are pretty steep! I was sort of afraid of that since the cases would have to be so big for the moon boxes, they can't be too common.

Reaction score
Grabbed Council Legolas, Balrog Gandalf, pre-gollum Smeagol, King Aragorn, Isengard Orc, and Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai from BBTS. Had no idea they had LOTR figs in stock! Hopefully you all can enjoy them too! :)

Reaction score
Grabbed Council Legolas, Balrog Gandalf, pre-gollum Smeagol, King Aragorn, Isengard Orc, and Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai from BBTS. Had no idea they had LOTR figs in stock! Hopefully you all can enjoy them too! :)
Excellent! I just picked up Theoden in armour and Gandalf Shadowfax in a ringwraith box. I'm not a huge error collector but have never seen one like that. Strange!

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the Hobbit DoS blu-ray? I skipped the theatrical version last year and waited for the Extended Edition, but couldn't say the same with this one. I'm really happy with the purchase as there's about 2 hours of content exclusive to this set. There's a tour and Q&A from last year where Peter Jackson suddenly pulls out Theoden's sword, and fields questions from Merry, Pippin, and Stephen Colbert - fun stuff.

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the Hobbit DoS blu-ray? I skipped the theatrical version last year and waited for the Extended Edition, but couldn't say the same with this one. I'm really happy with the purchase as there's about 2 hours of content exclusive to this set. There's a tour and Q&A from last year where Peter Jackson suddenly pulls out Theoden's sword, and fields questions from Merry, Pippin, and Stephen Colbert - fun stuff.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check out that Q&A. I tend to skip most extras with the exception of gag reels and depending on what the movie is deleted scenes.

Reaction score
I will have to make sure I watch the bonus stuff on DoS too. I loved the behind the scenes tour on the first one with all the surprise cameos. Lots of fun!

Reaction score
Got a FOTR half moon Traveling Bilbo in the mail today for a great price.

Already have the smaller carded version but really wanted the Bag End diorama. :)

Reaction score
Got a FOTR half moon Traveling Bilbo in the mail today for a great price.

Already have the smaller carded version but really wanted the Bag End diorama. :)
That was an amazing figure and set. NO way any company would release a figure and set like that at the standard price point today. Nowadays it would be a deluxe figure for 2-3 times the price of a regular figure in the line.

Reaction score
Finally!

Scored the Black Gates of Mordor gift set off eBay (been waiting a long time to get this at a fair price).

Can anyone confirm that the Legolas and Gimli in this set are repacks and, if so, from which carded versions?

Reaction score
I have a pretty big collection. Anyplace I can sell besides eBay or craigslist? How do I post pics of my lot?

Reaction score
I have a pretty big collection. Anyplace I can sell besides eBay or craigslist? How do I post pics of my lot?
You can try selling it on here. There are a few members, like myself, who collect the line. As for posting pictures, I usually upload onto photobucket and use them.

Last edited: