Toybiz - Lord of the Rings Action Figures

G

Hey I was just wonderin, who else enjoys Lord Of The Rings or "LOTR's" as much as I do? I seem to almost like it more then Star wars. Well not only does it have a awesome movie, a kick butt books, but the toys are great too. These are better then anything hasbro can cook up IMO. I own all the released figures, with the exception of Bilbo Baggins. These figures have it all, awesome sculpts, good prices, good size, awesome accessaries and action features that work and dont take away from the figure, only add to it. I would tell anyone who enjoys LOTR's to buy these figs, they rock.

Reaction score
Re: Anyone else collect Lord of the rings figures?

I totally loved the movie.....saw it 6 times....but I haven't picked up any of the figs. All my figs are SW, they'll always be my first love

Reaction score

Oh man, anybody not getting these figs are seriously missing out. I finally broke down this past April after seeing the Frodo and Bilbo 2 pack and decided to start collecting em. All I can say is, I wanna kick myself for not geting these when they first started out!
They're great, only they are kinda big and pricey, which is normally good but I don't have good space and money.
I'm currently looking everywhere for Legolas cause I missed out on him.

Reaction score

I do have some figures, as I'm a big fan of fantasy stuff (especially a lot of the early 80s figures). I've been waiting so long for Galadriel to come out. I've heard June numerous times, but does anyone know for sure?

---Masteryoda

G

Im prety sure she is confirmed for june...actually 99.9% positive, but you know toy-biz. As for Galadriel herself, she looks like a awesome fig, I cannot believe toy-biz waited so long to make her.

G

I love these figures as well. Not as much s Star Wars but I think these are great. I was finally able to pick up an Aragorn at KB yestrday so I now have the complete fellowship. Now I just need Bilbo and Elrond.

Reaction score
lord of the rings action figures

just wondering if anyone knows a good breakdown or knows all the LOTR figures that are out for the fellowship of the ring. i cant find a good site that can tell me. does anyone know. also does anyone know of any good LOTR sites. i only know of a couple. THX. MTFBWY

THj

Reaction score
Re: lord of the rings action figures

You should check out the previous LOTR figures post(it should be a couple of pages back). There, they have listed several sites with good references that I had been unaware of.

THj

G

Re: lord of the rings action figures

Go over to the thread titled "LOTR toys". There are a lot of people that look at that thread everyday, and you're bound to get a lot of answers over there. Besides, it's a lot of fun over there.

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread. Enjoy! LOTR toys

[ 08-15-2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Vader's crony ]

Reaction score
Re: lord of the rings sauron figure look !!!

cool i don't think i'll bother collecting lotr stuff but i might just buy this one

a better and bigger pic can be seen here

click on th lil pic to make a bigger one

here !!!

G

Sweet pic. I will be getting this one.

G

Yeah, because petitions really work!

Reaction score

I got my Dark Lord today at TRU as well as Gandalf the White with Shadowfax....both are friggin sweet!!! Plus I found Scout Leader Flanders and Marvel Legends Series 2. Great toy run today!

GNT

Reaction score

Looks pretty impressive

Reaction score
lord of the rings sauron figure look !!!

lord of the rings is a good film still not as good as star wars (nothing will be
) but since its based on british mythology i like it

and that big evil thing at the start of the film well i think he looks really cool like a big evil knight

and anyway on this website i found you can by a figure of him looks really good

here !!!

Reaction score

I saw this guy at TRU a couple days ago. He looks pretty impressive in person as well. I can't wait to stand him next to the rest of the figures so he can loom over them.

Now, where's my frickin' Balrog?

Rik

Reaction score
Lord Of The Rings figures thread

I know there have been tons of these threads knocking about, but I want just one thread for everyone to just talk about ANY LOTR figure/s topics. Nags, brags, praise, stuff you want, stuff you don't want, stuff you just got, news, reviews etc.
So let's start!
I want a Boromir vs. Lurtz!

Reaction score
Re: Lord Of The Rings figures thread

I'm going to have to check out KB. I picked up the Boromir v Lurtz a little while ago and they seem to be pretty common. Yesterday I picked up the new TTT Pippin v Ugluk, Elven Archer v Uruk-Hai Berserker, and Gandalf the White w/ Shadowfax. Very nice figures indeed. I saw the repackaged Ring Wraith with horse in the TTT box. It's the same as the FOTR in every regard. Yesterday the Targets around town had plenty of Foromirs. I may pick one up today. What I'm really looking for is the Sauron figure.

RG

G

I'll ask this again. Has anyone seen anything in the Mall of America?

G

Man,I really want one of those
Gandalf&shadowfax sets.Ive been looking everywhere
and no luck.I am even trying to trade some
Star Wars stuff for it.

Kevin

G

All I still need is Gandalf the White and sauron and Gandalf the White with shadowfax. Not to bad, got Treebeard afterall. Must say this Ent is a must have for any fan of the books or movies. I just wish Galadriel and Gollum would be out for Xmas but doesnt look like it at all now.

Reaction score

Dude, hit KB. I hopped on the LOTR bandwagon late, and was desperate for a Boromir/Lurtz set. I eventually found one at a ShopKo (suckier than K-Mart) for $16.99

But I bought it. That same day, I hit the mall for something else, and as is my wont, I went into KB. They had literally dozens of Boromir/Lurtz and Merry/Pippin/Orc sets marked down to $7.99. I picked one of each up, as well as Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Legolas, and seven Ring Wraiths for $5.99 each.

Needless to say, I returned the ShopKo purchase.

Now I'm on to the Two Towers figs, and I'm doing okay, but I regret passing up a Foromir I saw at a Suncoast about a month ago. I haven't seen him since. Is he going to hit again, or do I hafta resort to eBay?

Reaction score

Oh wait. Duh. I just saw that you're from England and I don't know if they have KB's over there. If not, I'll see if I can snag a Boromir/Lurtz set, if you're still looking. Because they are IN ABUNDANCE.

Reaction score

The Gandalf is started to get put out here in Houston at TRU. That seems to be the place to get the stuff here. BTW the electronic Sauron is cool. Most of the TRU have about 40 to 50 Treebeards which is a great figure.

Reaction score

I saw a ton of new LOTR stuff at TRU today, including Gandalf and Shadowfax, Sauron, Treebeard, and Aragorn. I'm not too impressed with the new TTT figures. The figures seem to be smiling or something like that. I thought that the FOTR figures were better.

Reaction score

My local TRU finally put out Aragorn/Brego and Gandalf/Shadowfax. They've had Sauron for about a week. No luck finding Treebeard. I've scored a 'white' Saruman at Target rather than the 'unbleached' ones I've been finding. Which is good.

G

WOW!!!
I love e'm all. I had one question. For all who have played TTT on PS2, when you go to the town and fight the wargs, the guy in red following you is that Theoden? My best friend told me Eomer. I'm confused. My faves are Legolas, Sam, Twilight crap, Galadrial, Frodo and Aragorn. I like the skateboard shield
.No Gollum pics though

G

...It's either a regular Rohan soldier or Eomer.

Reaction score

I just got back from Wal-Mart and hit the motherload. I found and purchased the following TTT figures:

Grima Wormtounge
Rohirrim Soldier
King Theoden
Saruman
Aragorn
Eomer
Elven Archer and Berserker Urak Hai
Gandalf the White and Shadowfox
Aragorn and Brego

They are all pretty great, I also picked up Sam and Frodo w/ elven canoe thing and the FOTR Saruman. Also, does anyone know what the pointy cone thing that comes with Wormtounge is?

[ 12-06-2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Chancellor-Palpatine ]

G

....Uggggggghhhhhh.. Umm... Damn..... That ain't no good..... I guess I am a little fond of the Rankin Bass fish-man Gollum..... This is...umm...okay.

Rik

Reaction score

I saw every TTT figure/horse/2-pack/deluxe at my tru last week. Definately passing on Rohirrim, the horse sets, Merry vs. Grishnákh, Pippin vs. Ugluk and nearly EVERY new figure, including Gollum. None of it is any good, except for the Prologue Elf and the Galadriel is alright. The 3 mentioned are the ONLY new characters out of 16! And where the hell is my Eowyn?!

On the bright side (kinda) I got a Boromir vs. Lurtz and Orc Warrior on ebay for...well...erm...£35!

G

I want to see his base. I might consider, but for Eowyn...I WANT HER! Hopefully as Rohrrim with her white gown to complete my someday diaroma or The Golden Hall.