toybiz iceman xmen 1994

Reaction score
my toy biz iceman have had since 92 to 95 ish seems to be degrading,
he has a chunk out of his leg with a white sugary looking crust on the edges as well as the same on his left hand.
is he melting? (no pun intended) or disentegrating or soemthing?
this is the iceman that has the board with him your supposed to fill with water and freeze his feet into ice (i did that a couple of times but it didnt work well) this is a repost i thought maybe more people would see it here.

Reaction score
That Toy Biz Iceman was intentionally meant to be placed in the freezer and turn a bluish color but the chemical inside failed a lot of the time and caused the figures to crack There was no recall but they did tell you to return it to the store for an exchange. The problem was they had canceled that figure so you normally ended up having to just get a different figure. It was later release without the color changing feature. This new figure was the one you were supposed to freeze in the board and then remove him to give him a "Sliding" feature.

Reaction score
yeah i only tried the freezing thing a couple of times and decided it was too much of hassle to freeze him in ice. i dont remember if he changed color or not hes a bluish clear plastic.
as you say he is probably degrading now as the chemicals break down.