Toy Grading do they know how to grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi everyone I have been grading for 30 years now and it is a very easy task, I recently purchased a very expensive few items from ebay one had already been graded and boxed it was clearly a momc 10 up clear bub no creases perfect it got a 7.5 from you know who, I then submitted an even more valuable item to you know who and because they deemed that the box had a piece of tape on the side it had been interfered with and is refusing to grade it, I was unaware of this until I saw the pic, but was assured by this company upon my original inquiry the toy inside the box could be graded, it appears not the case, so what is a price sticker then a foreign object?
With fakes out there price stickers should add value to an item as it shows it is Authentic?
I just wanted to open this thread to get an honest unbiased opinion of collectors experiences with this company as they now want usd $130 plus postage to return it and I paid $5,200 for it, this is a rip off, they do not answer their phone so zero cust support, what should we all do?, I have a magazine which is very rare and they said that they do not grade them but a quick ebay search will find the exact item graded by one of the other companies of theirs and they have been graded?
The forum is now open

Reaction score
There is an entire section on Rebelscum dedicated to "you know who." This thread should probably be moved there.

To answer your question - All of my experiences with the company have been pleasant.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. If you've been grading toys for 30 years... why use them? It's maybe not as easy as you described given you missed the piece of tape that disqualified it. As for being ripped off.. hardly... the contract you signed clearly states that if an item is deemed ungradeable, you're still responsible for the associated fees and return shipping. The item in question sounds like it could be eligable for a Q grade...? And yes... the toy inside the box can still be graded BUT the U Grade is frowned upon by many, myself included. Email them... they've always communicated with me in a timely manner.

Best of luck with your situation.

Edit: Retract my Q Grade Statement - Did not know at the time your box had restoration tape on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is an entire section on Rebelscum dedicated to "you know who." This thread should probably be moved there.

To answer your question - All of my experiences with the company have been pleasant.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. If you've been grading toys for 30 years... why use them? It's maybe not as easy as you described given you missed the piece of tape that disqualified it. As for being ripped off.. hardly... the contract you signed clearly states that if an item is deemed ungradeable, you're still responsible for the associated fees and return shipping. The item in question sounds like it could be eligable for a Q grade...? And yes... the toy inside the box can still be graded BUT the U Grade is frowned upon by many, myself included. Email them... they've always communicated with me in a timely manner.

Best of luck with your situation.

Hi thank you for your comment yes I have been grading for 30 years I even grade women?
But they just do not how to grade why always 1/2 points why not plus and minus which equates to .02 points either way, the only thing that they have going for them is the cases are flawless which I would grade 7.5 according to their standards, has anyone ever scored 10 yet?
A punched momc card gets a 9.0 in my books, yellow bubs are a separate issue as they can either go that ay by UV or age, so they will all go that way eventually, Luke storm, storm and leia white have a tendency to leach the black paint which is pink as there is no such thing as black paint I know about the Admiral Ackbar x figure, I still laugh about it and tell everyone and the jawa plastic cape that they misspelled soo funny yes I know a lot of the serious collectors who spend 150k a month and cater to them but no longer do it because I have only started to rebuild my collection my opinion on SW value I shall keep private, the whole system is flawed the only call SW and other toys vintage and state their year, compare this to cars, houses , works of art, etc they are comparing this to a bottle of wine? even comics have more categories than this?
The whole perception of collecting has changed dramatically where as you used to be able to buy an item wait 20 years and make a decent return it is now 40 years SW has not yet achieved this yet.
Please change the categories and post the link as I would love to start a poll on what to give different classes of toys instead of just vintage and a year.

Reaction score
Response to question

You grade women?

well they have Ms Universe don't they?
Nothing ******, personality looks hair , age dress sense, boyfriends appearance, manner in which they speak etc.
I also grade guys on Suit shirt , Tie, shoes ,watch, car , intelligence, and most of importance if they wear a kerchief or not and how the do it?
I grade anything I do it for a living.
This is the update AVOID THIS MOB.

They are taking me for a ride
We are sorry, but the item simply cannot be considered for grading as a boxed item due to the fact that it has restoration - i.e. tape that is not original. We can send a photo to the sender of the item, if you prefer. Please send his information in the body of an email. Additionally, it will be much less expensive for you if the item is returned to him, if he is the seller. Otherwise, shipping to you will be in excess of over $250 via UPS.

Unfortunately, we cannot consider the item for Loose grading at this time. Due to the many accessories and the complexity of Loose casing for that item, we cannot accept it at this time. Even if we could, we would not be able to consider Loose grading and keep it in the box also, as we do not grade/case in that way.

Please advise of where we are to send photos and the item.

Sincerely,
Kim

Reaction score
This is the update AVOID THIS MOB.

They are taking me for a ride
We are sorry, but the item simply cannot be considered for grading as a boxed item due to the fact that it has restoration - i.e. tape that is not original. We can send a photo to the sender of the item, if you prefer. Please send his information in the body of an email. Additionally, it will be much less expensive for you if the item is returned to him, if he is the seller. Otherwise, shipping to you will be in excess of over $250 via UPS.

Unfortunately, we cannot consider the item for Loose grading at this time. Due to the many accessories and the complexity of Loose casing for that item, we cannot accept it at this time. Even if we could, we would not be able to consider Loose grading and keep it in the box also, as we do not grade/case in that way.

Please advise of where we are to send photos and the item.

Sincerely,
Kim

Ok.. so you just confirmed that they are in fact communicating with you.

Second.. Being taken for a ride? It's not their fault you didn't read the contract that you signed... I'm not trying to sound like a d!ck but your argument holds no water.

Reaction score
they told me $130.00 which I paid by CC I am going to contact my cc company about this and I also would like to know they call themselves an Authority of what?

What are the qualifications of these people who are they, where did they work have they got any scientific forensic experience or degrees, no names no references no nothing?
They graded the famous Admiral Ackbar figure which was resealed and an visible x as legit and the woman even stated on her form that she wanted it checked for a reseal she made a laughing stock of them and so am I, a fool is only the fool who follows one (Obi One)

If that's not being taken for a ride then a fool and his money are easily parted

Reaction score
The whole perception of collecting has changed dramatically where as you used to be able to buy an item wait 20 years and make a decent return it is now 40 years SW has not yet achieved this yet.

Hugh>>? SW hasn't achieved a return in 40 years?

Reaction score
Please read the MSG

Hugh>>? SW hasn't achieved a return in 40 years?
I am not saying anything about SW or if I feel the prices are over heated as I did well what I am saying is modern figures will need to vintage 40 years till they are valuable as people save them as collectors items instead of toys SW is not classified as an antique for 2 more years, so it will go from vintage to antique status please read the post.
Thank You

Reaction score
I will update this post of this grading company with proper scans of their items that are graded and let everyone make their own decision does anyone know where I can host links to full hi def scans, the item in question I can not do anything until I get it back but promise to upload scans,
Thanks

Reaction score
Few modern figures will ever achieve that status because of the reason you stated. Also, if you used some punctuation, rather than long, run-on sentences, your posts would be more legible.

Thanks.

I am not saying anything about SW or if I feel the prices are over heated as I did well what I am saying is modern figures will need to vintage 40 years till they are valuable as people save them as collectors items instead of toys SW is not classified as an antique for 2 more years, so it will go from vintage to antique status please read the post.
Thank You

Reaction score
Thank You

Latest update
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we cannot accept the item for Loose grading at this time. Due to the delays that we are experiencing in the Loose department, we are unable to accept items with that many accessories and those that are more complex such as the GI Joe Nurse.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our shipping department will prepare the item to return to you. Please confirm your address and the insurance coverage amount for the item's return.

Sincerely,
Kim
Is this not a sham or what?
Are u all stupid?

Reaction score
Latest update
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we cannot accept the item for Loose grading at this time. Due to the delays that we are experiencing in the Loose department, we are unable to accept items with that many accessories and those that are more complex such as the GI Joe Nurse.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our shipping department will prepare the item to return to you. Please confirm your address and the insurance coverage amount for the item's return.

Sincerely,
Kim
Are u all stupid?

They're a private business, they can refuse service for any reason, whether you agree or disagree with them. I would assume that the time/materials/labor of grading your item just isn't worth it for them at this moment. Given your attitude and slandering of them over the internet... why the hell would they even want to work with you?

Yes... we are all stupid... Coming from the guy that can't coherently structure a sentence.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Latest update

Sincerely,
Kim
Are u all stupid?

They have been backed up for a while with loose figures.

I can understand you are upset and annoyed with your situation. I am sure, like myself, it can be very exciting to get and submit your items for AFA grading and then not being able to submit for grading. I can also sincerely understand your frustrations. Just hang in there and be patient.

Finally, please dont call us names like stupid. Just take it easy, no need to get all upset with us. I understand again the frustration but its not cool to call us names like stupid. Everyone is going to get pissed at you and then you wont get any help so again, just go easy, take it easy and be patient, its going to work out.

Reaction score
Reply to comment

Reaction score
I did not call you stupid I called anyone who deals with u stupid , I am not allowed to post what you are running here as there are kids on this forum and it would be censored, so I will not bother but just think of something?

Reaction score
They're a private business, they can refuse service for any reason, whether you agree or disagree with them. I would assume that the time/materials/labor of grading your item just isn't worth it for them at this moment. Given your attitude and slandering of them over the internet... why the hell would they even want to work with you?

Yes... we are all stupid... Coming from the guy that can't coherently structure a sentence.

You play with toys as an adult and spend heaps of money on it, I sell them to you and make money out of selling a cheap piece of plastic made in China for thousands I stand by my comment, most of you are guys who don't have girl friends because you live in a fantasy world, it is called a mid life crises, I make money helping people with this by taking their money for a piece of plastic that makes you happy (cheaper than a shrink), which will one day perish into nothing. the bubbles will yellow regardless of uv rays and the white figs will yellow and bleed, crystals are already forming, the bub will become unstuck and crack due to movement and the price stickers which authenticate the item will fall off, it is already happening, nothing u can do my young apprentice.
BTW they sent 95,000 potf Yak Faces to Australia I know the guy who got most of them he just would never reveal how many, as I said, I stand by my statement.
A fool and his money are easily parted, and it takes a fool to follow a fool Obi One!
Buy a house get a wife and have a family I have not seen the latest film as real fans are still convulsing after the last 3 and will not pay to see any of them. GREED at its finest and you are all sucking it up!
The only buyer of Jar Jar Binks is the National Rifle Association and US military for explosives training.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I, too, can write extremely long sentences, full of generalizations and insults based on zero knowledge of the people to which I am addressing, all while postulating about what may or may not happen with toys made decades ago, then leave a thinly-veiled hint that I know where the buried treasure of a horde of MOC POTF Yak Faces is held, all while including twisted lines from Star Wars.

I could care less about AFA as I've never sent anything in to be graded, and own three AFA items which I got coincidentally, and not because they were AFA graded, but it seems to me you're really butt-hurt about this, and think that we're supposed to be sympathetic because you sent in an altered item which they refused to grade, and also refuse to grade loose. May I ask, was it a Droid Factory? Methinks grading one of those loose with all the parts would cost more than buying a Droid Factory in the first place.

Your grammar is only slightly improved by commas, and I stand by my statement.

You play with toys as an adult and spend heaps of money on it, I sell them to you and make money out of selling a cheap piece of plastic made in China for thousands I stand by my comment, most of you are guys who don't have girl friends because you live in a fantasy world, it is called a mid life crises, I make money helping people with this by taking their money for a piece of plastic that makes you happy (cheaper than a shrink), which will one day perish into nothing. the bubbles will yellow regardless of uv rays and the white figs will yellow and bleed, crystals are already forming, the bub will become unstuck and crack due to movement and the price stickers which authenticate the item will fall off, it is already happening, nothing u can do my young apprentice.
BTW they sent 95,000 potf Yak Faces to Australia I know the guy who got most of them he just would never reveal how many, as I said, I stand by my statement.
A fool and his money are easily parted, and it takes a fool to follow a fool Obi One!
Buy a house get a wife and have a family I have not seen the latest film as real fans are still convulsing after the last 3 and will not pay to see any of them. GREED at its finest and you are all sucking it up!
The only buyer of Jar Jar Binks is the National Rifle Association and US military for explosives training.

Reaction score
I, too, can write extremely long sentences, full of generalizations and insults based on zero knowledge of the people to which I am addressing, all while postulating about what may or may not happen with toys made decades ago, then leave a thinly-veiled hint that I know where the buried treasure of a horde of MOC POTF Yak Faces is held, all while including twisted lines from Star Wars.

I could care less about AFA as I've never sent anything in to be graded, and own three AFA items which I got coincidentally, and not because they were AFA graded, but it seems to me you're really butt-hurt about this, and think that we're supposed to be sympathetic because you sent in an altered item which they refused to grade, and also refuse to grade loose. May I ask, was it a Droid Factory? Methinks grading one of those loose with all the parts would cost more than buying a Droid Factory in the first place.

Your grammar is only slightly improved by commas, and I stand by my statement.

I did business with the Star Wars King, our relationship soured as he got very greedy for an item he paid 50 cents or 1.50 for, but I was asked to swear not to divulge his name any Australian collector on this site knows who he is and can confirm his existence but please do not say JEDI HONOUR.
He is mentioned on other posts but only as the name of D.W. Check with some of the big dealers Brian Semling, they will tell you that a lot of MOMC UP came from Australia.
Take a Valium or a stiff drink its not the end of the world, I bought this item from an ebay seller in two separate lots for a total of $5,200.00 usd, in good faith, I never saw the box but was told a grading nothing about a piece of tape , I can remove the tape but will need to examine why it was put there in the first place and how long it was there for as there are limits what I can do, it appears to be clear so it must be recent, 10 years I can do, which gives me a good chance of removing it.
My question is why would a so called ACTION FIGURE AUTHORITY?, put some crappy loose figure ahead of one of the rarest toys ever made with a province that the toy store put it in the boys section and everyone was soo dumb to think of putting at least 1 next to a Barbie in the girls section?, I have 3 Barbie 1s MIB, Mego Green Hornet which I have only ever seen 1 MIB 20 years ago, and 2 loose 1 with broken accessories and my one which is mint but loose, I paid quite a bit for that it is quite possibly rarer than the NURSE which I have 3 of, but two different things, so I will just let that argument go.
I also Have MOMC Black hole Humanoid and MOMC Black Hole Star, check what they are worth loose, hopefully today I will post pics of some of the stuff I have to show AFA what they are missing out on big $$$. Better get a calculator you will need one.
My whole point of this thread was that AFA does not know how to grade, they have proven my statement by saying that they can not grade my item as they are too busy with cheap crap for a quick buck, have they ever thought about getting on extra staff and why accept items for grading take money and deliver nothing?
I asked the question earlier on the qualifications of the graders and experience, I got mine from the same Corn Flakes boxes as they did, except their Corn Flakes must have been fresher than mine because your eating this crap.
This a honest forum, not a editorial paper, ask my gf she is a proof reader / writer and gets $100k, not me.
The cancer has already affected the toys are you really a collector?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did business with the Star Wars King, our relationship soured as he got very greedy for an item he paid 50 cents or 1.50 for, but I was asked to swear not to divulge his name any Australian collector on this site knows who he is and can confirm his existence but please do not say JEDI HONOUR. He is mentioned on other posts but only as the name of D.W. Check with some of the big dealers Brian Semling, they will tell you that a lot of MOMC UP came from Australia. Take a Valium or a stiff drink its not the end of the world, I bought this item from an ebay seller in two separate lots for a total of $5,200.00 usd, in good faith, I never saw the box but was told a grading nothing about a piece of tape , I can remove the tape but will need to examine why it was put there in the first place and how long it was there for as there are limits what I can do, it appears to be clear so it must be recent, 10 years I can do, which gives me a good chance of removing it. My question is why would a so called ACTION FIGURE AUTHORITY?, put some crappy loose figure ahead of one of the rarest toys ever made with a province that the toy store put it in the boys section and everyone was soo dumb to think of putting at least 1 next to a Barbie in the girls section?, I have 3 Barbie 1s MIB, Mego Green Hornet which I have only ever seen 1 MIB 20 years ago, and 2 loose 1 with broken accessories and my one which is mint but loose, I paid quite a bit for that it is quite possibly rarer than the NURSE which I have 3 of, but two different things, so I will just let that argument go. I also Have MOMC Black hole Humanoid and MOMC Black Hole Star, check what they are worth loose, hopefully today I will post pics of some of the stuff I have to show AFA what they are missing out on big $$$. Better get a calculator you will need one. My whole point of this thread was that AFA does not know how to grade, they have proven my statement by saying that they can not grade my item as they are too busy with cheap crap for a quick buck, have they ever thought about getting on extra staff and why accept items for grading take money and deliver nothing? I asked the question earlier on the qualifications of the graders and experience, I got mine from the same Corn Flakes boxes as they did, except their Corn Flakes must have been fresher than mine because your eating this crap. This a honest forum, not a editorial paper, ask my gf she is a proof reader / writer and gets $100k, not me. The cancer has already affected the toys are you really a collector?

Congrats! This is by far the most bizarre post I've ever read on this forum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment you have obviously read all the gossip magazines and watch re-runs of Seinfeld ? , which is why u are here, I am glad you are entertained, but !, wait, there is more to come, that will get even funnier, so stay tuned.
Do I get the gold plated Jar Jar Binks statue, Lucas got 3 from the last movies.
And Daniel Radcliff was given a lifesize one into a certain body part which made the film eligible for the award.

Although the fans would have liked to have given Lucas something more substantial, after walking out of the movie?
I was too busy in the men's room puking, I had to stand in line.
They ran out of super size empty pop corn buckets !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, you, toygraderaustral, certainly think poorly of collectors, whom you generalize to be men. I wonder what you think of female collectors? Do we simply need to get husbands, bear children, and remain barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? Or do we, just as male collectors, have the right to dictate our own lives and do what makes us happy just so long as we are not harming others in the process?

I think we all know you aren't earning $100K in whatever field you claim to specialize in; I'd honestly be surprised if you're employed at all (or that any woman would put up with your shenanigans long enough to date you). You have some of the worst spelling ("Obi-One?" Really? On a Star Wars forum?), grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure I've witnessed on this forum - and a equally poor attitude to match. True, that this is "not an editorial paper," but are you aware of how much credibility you lose when you cannot create a decent argument using proper wording? I used to tell my students that they can have all the ideas in the world, but if they cannot communicate them effectively, then they have no ideas at all. That is what your diatribes are amounting to - "a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

HMF will definitely attest to the fact that I am no fan of the AFA; however, your infantile tirades are failing to win you any sympathy here, so I recommend that you move along and take your business elsewhere before you make any more enemies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, you, toygradeaustral, certainly think poorly of collectors, whom you generalize to be men. I wonder what you think of female collectors? Do we simply need to get husbands, bear children, and remain barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? Or do we, just as male collectors, have the right to dictate our own lives and do what makes us happy just so long as we are not harming others in the process?

I think we all know you aren't earning $100K in whatever field you claim to specialize in; I'd honestly be surprised if you're employed at all (or that any woman would put up with your shenanigans long enough to date you). You have some of the worst spelling ("Obi-One?" Really? On a Star Wars forum?), grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure I've witnessed on this forum - and a equally poor attitude to match. True, that this is "not an editorial paper," but are you aware of how much credibility you lose when you cannot create a decent argument using proper wording? I used to tell my students that they can have all the ideas in the world, but if they cannot communicate them effectively, then they have no ideas at all. That is what your diatribes are amounting to - "a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

HMF will definitely attest to the fact that I am no fan of the AFA; however, your infantile tirades are failing to win you any sympathy here, so I recommend that you move along and take your business elsewhere before you make any more enemies.

Well feminism finally came to this hobby welcome aboard my gf earns $100k, I specialise in litigation 17 1/2 years hard work and property development 9 years, so most of my profits are on paper until you decide to crystalize them, I genuinely welcome your comments and would love to know what you collect other than SW, I only collect big ticket items even Barbie 1s ,I can tell by the dolls that a girl owned item as they are immaculate, guys are slobs, when it comes to collecting ,(please see pics of my Gi Nurses) and (Barbie 1s), I promise I will post pics of a few select things soon, so you will see I am for real, I will have a tag with my rs id on it so you will know its not a rip off, but just did the Audit today tired now.
I collect as a passion as you can really find Aladdin's lamp that's the driving force.
if you look hard enough I have done it many times not just ebay, you need to be patient
I look forward to your comments and input

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will tell you something of wisdom you need to tell everyone you meet esp kids.
DO NOT EVER TRY AND PROVE YOURSELF TO OTHERS, YOU JUST HAVE TO PROVE IT TO YOURSELF!
We would have less suicides if this message was given, I learned it myself because people were always telling me that I was worthless, so I went out and proved them wrong only to discover that just because you hate something about yourself , does not mean you have to hate me.

Reaction score
wow....... thats all I can say .. wow....

You know, I was echoing your earlier sentiment, but unlike you, I don't mince my words. In fact, I briefly considered "liking" your comment, but I simply couldn't bring myself to do it.

Though you naturally do not know me from Adam (or Eve, as it were), I mean what I say and say what I mean. What I type in the virtual world or relate to a third party is exactly what I'd tell you to your face; I never hide behind a piece of electronic equipment. I am brutally honest with others and myself, a luxury most are not able to indulge in.

Well feminism finally came to this hobby welcome aboard my gf earns $100k, I specialise in litigation 17 1/2 years hard work and property development 9 years, so most of my profits are on paper until you decide to crystalize them, I genuinely welcome your comments and would love to know what you collect other than SW, I only collect big ticket items even Barbie 1s ,I can tell by the dolls that a girl owned item as they are immaculate, guys are slobs, when it comes to collecting ,(please see pics of my Gi Nurses) and (Barbie 1s), I promise I will post pics of a few select things soon, so you will see I am for real, I will have a tag with my rs id on it so you will know its not a rip off, but just did the Audit today tired now.
I collect as a passion as you can really find Aladdin's lamp that's the driving force.
if you look hard enough I have done it many times not just ebay, you need to be patient
I look forward to your comments and input

Welcome aboard? Seriously? This may be a bandwagon, but I didn't just hop on. I do not know your age, and really my speculation as to where you fall could go either way based on your attitude. I have been collecting for as long as I've had a conscious memory - which translates to the ROTJ and POTF days - and likely longer than you've spent on this planet. Though I certainly wasn't acquiring things on a "professional" level at age four, my desire to collect has always been present, despite a lull in the '90's due to a rather severe lack of things up my alley to collect.

I was raised on a steady diet of Star Wars and Doctor Who, and I merely incorporate other favorites along the way. Currently, I collect a relatively wide variety of mostly movie and TV related pieces, but most of it falls into the action figure category. Outside of SW, I collect Doctor Who (classic series only, but both modern and vintage), DC/Batman (with a Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Harley Quinn and Joker focus, and secondarily Gotham Girls), Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Files, Rocky Horror Picture Show, the Simpsons and Futurama (limited to my favorite characters: Sideshow Bob, Mr. Burns, and Leela), Fifth Element, and other bits here and there. I have recently taken an interest in more obscure articles in the form of novelty and fast food items. At present, my DC and SW collections run neck and neck at occupying the most space in my home.

It essentially boils down to "I collect what I like," and my collecting is not seen as an investment (i.e. I don't collect on a "big ticket" basis or mentality). It is something I do for myself and have always done for myself; that remains unchanged in thirty years. I don't acquire to resell or make a profit, nor do I acquiesce to the market. Once it comes, it stays. Unless I end up with the occasional duplicate, which is rare and mostly only happens when I neglect to update my Excel files. Fortunately (for my wallet), I am generally not a completionist, but that bug will bite me every now and again with certain lines.

I suspect there have always been women in this hobby, here and there. I descend from a pair of Ph.D.'s in mathematics, so being a geek/nerd is basically a genetic trait in my family and is not subject to gender. I will acknowledge that collecting and being a so-called "geek" has become more prevalent in recent years. However, true geeks - those of us who have always been outside of the mainstream in one way or another, exiled and often ridiculed by our peers - have suffered yet persisted due to our dedication to doing what we love. Many do not have the stamina to withstand such criticism, become a social pariah, and remain true to a cause. Within any avocation, it takes great strength to accept and seize what is inside and then to pursue it with unbridled joy and enthusiasm in spite of prejudicial judgements rendered and set-backs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know, I was echoing your earlier sentiment, but unlike you, I don't mince my words. In fact, I briefly considered "liking" your comment, but I simply couldn't bring myself to do it.

Though you naturally do not know me from Adam (or Eve, as it were), I mean what I say and say what I mean. What I type in the virtual world or relate to a third party is exactly what I'd tell you to your face; I never hide behind a piece of electronic equipment. I am brutally honest with others and myself, a luxury most are not able to indulge in.

Welcome aboard? Seriously? This may be a bandwagon, but I didn't just hop on. I do not know your age, and really my speculation as to where you fall could go either way based on your attitude. I have been collecting for as long as I've had a conscious memory - which translates to the ROTJ and POTF days - and likely longer than you've spent on this planet. Though I certainly wasn't acquiring things on a "professional" level at age four, my desire to collect has always been present, despite a lull in the '90's due to a rather severe lack of things up my alley to collect.

I was raised on a steady diet of Star Wars and Doctor Who, and I merely incorporate other favorites along the way. Currently, I collect a relatively wide variety of mostly movie and TV related pieces, but most of it falls into the action figure category. Outside of SW, I collect Doctor Who (classic series only, but both modern and vintage), DC/Batman (with a Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Harley Quinn and Joker focus, and secondarily Gotham Girls), Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Files, Rocky Horror Picture Show, the Simpsons and Futurama (limited to my favorite characters: Sideshow Bob, Mr. Burns, and Leela), Fifth Element, and other bits here and there. I have recently taken an interest in more obscure articles in the form of novelty and fast food items. At present, my DC and SW collections run neck and neck at occupying the most space in my home.

It essentially boils down to "I collect what I like," and my collecting is not seen as an investment (i.e. I don't collect on a "big ticket" basis or mentality). It is something I do for myself and have always done for myself; that remains unchanged in thirty years. I don't acquire to resell or make a profit, nor do I acquiesce to the market. Once it comes, it stays. Unless I end up with the occasional duplicate, which is rare and mostly only happens when I neglect to update my Excel files. Fortunately (for my wallet), I am generally not a completionist, but that bug will bite me every now and again with certain lines.

I suspect there have always been women in this hobby, here and there. I descend from a pair of Ph.D.'s in mathematics, so being a geek/nerd is basically a genetic trait in my family and is not subject to gender. I will acknowledge that collecting and being a so-called "geek" has become more prevalent in recent years. However, true geeks - those of us who have always been outside of the mainstream in one way or another, exiled and often ridiculed by our peers - have suffered yet persisted due to our dedication to doing what we love. Many do not have the stamina to withstand such criticism, become a social pariah, and remain true to a cause. Within any avocation, it takes great strength to accept and seize what is inside and then to pursue it with unbridled joy and enthusiasm in spite of prejudicial judgements rendered and set-backs.

wait.. what? :confused: what I do? lol

my earlier comment about the "wow"... was this crazy talk from toygraderaustral who is incoherent lol

Reaction score
I specialise in litigation 17 1/2 years hard work and property development 9 years

Wait a minute...

Specializes in litigation for 17 years but can't comprehend the contract signed with AFA, can't introduce a factually based argument, uses generalizations/stereotypes when *trying* to argue, and possesses the writing skills equal to my four year old niece...

You have more bull***** than a rodeo my friend.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wait.. what? :confused: what I do? lol

my earlier comment about the "wow"... was this crazy talk from toygraderaustral who is incoherent lol

Ah. My apologies then. Since it immediately followed my comment, I thought it was in reference to that last thing posted. Honestly, that makes it even better, as toygraderaustral just seconded his own crazy.

Reaction score
Specializes in litigation for 17 years but can't comprehend the contract signed with AFA, can't introduce a factually based argument, uses generalizations/stereotypes when *trying* to argue, and possesses the writing skills equal to my four year old niece...

Nah. I bet your four year old niece is far more skilled with the English language. She has to be.

Reaction score
Wait a minute...

You have more bull***** than a rodeo my friend.
I just sue companies not individuals as they don't have any money I do the writing have it edited by my secretary and it gets sent off, it is an ugly business I do not like as it can drag on for eternity and the companies have more money than you, so they play dirty tricks and so do I, but I have one advantage, I have more time than they do as they have staff turnover and no one can be briefed on a 25,000 page document, who just started, never happens.
Your 4 year old niece must be clever than u?.
The whole purpose of this thread, as we are way off subject is it was originally, AFA does not know how to grade, to now the thread is AFA Does not grade !. The reason why they are concentrating on the action figures is that they are basically all 3 3 /4 inch so you do not need to make a custom box, just one out of a box and charge for a custom job , easy money, I pulled the GI nurse they did before an excellent job, I wanted to post pics but it is bigger than my scanner so I will have to shoot it with my camera and the Marion Ravenwood which is MOMC UP, I might as well wait and shoot that as well, it is 5.13am at the moment so, I just wanted to keep the thread going but please everyone keep it on the topic, of AFA does and can not grade.
As for the lady well I think it is admirable that you like to collect, but the items you are collecting are totally different to what I do, as I specialize in status symbols for high end collectors who want to park large amounts of money, I know that this is a great way of laundering money, but that is not up to me, and have nothing to do with it, but I just know it goes on, or some people might keep money under the mattress who knows, if you want something talk to me, I can get it but not straight away it could take along time, but only high end stuff.
But I will make an effort to upload some pics of only really high end stuff so you get what I am talking about.
This forum is getting spicy keep it going, as I get bored easily.
Kind Regards

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you please do me a solid and ask your secretary to edit your forum posts?

Also, are you just bragging to try to impress us here, or does all that nonsense have anything to do with AFA refusing to grade your non-originally-taped item?

Reaction score
Ah. My apologies then. Since it immediately followed my comment, I thought it was in reference to that last thing posted. Honestly, that makes it even better, as toygraderaustral just seconded his own crazy.

Hey Lady_Macbeth, no harm no foul! Tho we disagree on a few things I like you and I remember you answering my question that one time about Dr Who toys and I appreciated that!:)

Reaction score
Hey Lady_Macbeth, no harm no foul! Tho we disagree on a few things I like you and I remember you answering my question that one time about Dr Who toys and I appreciated that!:)

That was quite a while ago; I'd totally forgotten about that. I'm glad I could be if help in the Who department. It is nice to have fellow Whovians on RS, even if they're new Who fans. It's still all Doctor Who in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.