Toy Fair 2019 - Feb 16-19th

GNT

Reaction score
Toy Fair 2019 (Feb 16-19th) isn't far away, what would you like to see Hasbro reveal for the Star Wars 5POA line?

Discuss any Toy Fair 5POA news here.

Reaction score
It would be nice if Solo Wave 4 weren't the last wave of figures for that film. Some more aliens and droids would be a welcome sight.

Reaction score
I'm curious about all the regular reveals/exclusives but I'm more intrigued by the new Galaxy of Adventure line. Plus I want to see the fit-throwing that will likely ensue.

Reaction score
I'm curious about all the regular reveals/exclusives but I'm more intrigued by the new Galaxy of Adventure line. Plus I want to see the fit-throwing that will likely ensue.
Yes. The total meltdown from people about a line that isn't catered to them it's going to epic theater.

Reaction score
I’m not as angry about the GoA line itself as I am the price. If the goal is to bring newer, younger collectors into the hobby the price must fit the product. There is no reason those can’t be between $6-$7 price point. That wil increase the chances of some parent picking it up for their kid on impulse. At $10 it becomes closer to the collector market price point than kids picking up a toy while shopping with mom and dad at Walmart.

Reaction score
I’m not as angry about the GoA line itself as I am the price. If the goal is to bring newer, younger collectors into the hobby the price must fit the product. There is no reason those can’t be between $6-$7 price point. That wil increase the chances of some parent picking it up for their kid on impulse. At $10 it becomes closer to the collector market price point than kids picking up a toy while shopping with mom and dad at Walmart.
I'm looking forward to the rumored new scale GoA line - not more of the current over priced repacks.

I'm sure a new scale will set fire to this place with riots and destruction.

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the rumored new scale GoA line - not more of the current over priced repacks.

Of course it will, because you know right out of the gate they will finally make a great ANH Luke lol

Reaction score
I'm most curious about this 5 inch line rumor. I don't think there will be that much uproar from collectors, many will simply ignore it or leave the hobby. I think most 3.75 collectors are just picking up a few TVC figures and basically going into hibernation until Episode IX. If they do discuss it, it will be interesting to hear what their rationale is - do they think parents and kids will be excited with the extra inch, making the new toys incompatible with their old ones? I think they're trying to create this new scale to drive a new audience...which isn't there.

Reaction score
I'm most curious about this 5 inch line rumor. I don't think there will be that much uproar from collectors, many will simply ignore it or leave the hobby. I think most 3.75 collectors are just picking up a few TVC figures and basically going into hibernation until Episode IX. If they do discuss it, it will be interesting to hear what their rationale is - do they think parents and kids will be excited with the extra inch, making the new toys incompatible with their old ones? I think they're trying to create this new scale to drive a new audience...which isn't there.
The new scale is to go with the more kid friendly marvel line. Hasbro has had success with the 5” scale avengers etc figures as an alternative to the 6” legends. And honestly, for kids they are pretty decent figures. As someone who bought superhero figures as a kid (namely batman) I would have been all over this line of figures. They aren’t as articulated as marvel legends but they have ball socket shoulders, hinge elbows and I think hinge knees. I think they have wrist articulation as well. Not sure...but they are a good compromise line.

I personally think 3.75” line is pretty much dead...it’ll live on in TVC and possibly as a collector only online offering.

Reaction score

Even more intriguing is the vehicles and beasts that are coming out for that line for under 20 bucks.

Reaction score
Yes. The total meltdown from people about a line that isn't catered to them it's going to epic theater.

Yes, the total chaos will be fun to watch. I'm looking forward to 5" 5 POA for that very reason.....................B)

Reaction score
Yes, the total chaos will be fun to watch. I'm looking forward to 5" 5 POA for that very reason.....................B)
I’d bet anything these figures have hinge elbows, hinge knees and ball socket shoulders.

And for that very reason these will **** everyone off. Because that’s what the current 3.75” should include.

Reaction score
Even more intriguing is the vehicles and beasts that are coming out for that line for under 20 bucks.
Exactly. If it's anything like the Marvel line it has the potential to produce beasts and vehicles that can be beneficial to both 3.75" and 6" collectors.

Reaction score
I’d bet anything these figures have hinge elbows, hinge knees and ball socket shoulders.

And for that very reason these will **** everyone off. Because that’s what the current 3.75” should include.
but but but kids don’t want articulation!

Reaction score

I want to see Sequel Trilogy 5POA in all their funky Playmates TMNT-esque glory! And they should have action features! Cowabunga!

Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in Hasbro's intentions for the future of the Star Wars line. Their license expires next year, so do they plan to renew? Would they be willing to pay the same astronomical $500 million they paid to retain the license in 1997?

If they are going to pursue the 5" 5POA line, then I'm really only interested in OT Imperial troopers. I highly doubt they are going to delve too deeply into the character selection from the films, but I'll get a few Stormtroopers if they are based on the excellent Rogue One Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
I'd like to see the following:

More Characters from Solo
Crait Luke Skywalker
TFA General Leia (vest version)
Lt. Connix
Vintage Collection Imperial Patrol trooper with speeder (Solo)
Star Wars Resistance Wave 2 (with ships)
Star Wars Rebels Blind Kanan

Ultimate Y-Wing )all new tooling and details and larger in scale)
Vintage Collection Shadows of the Empire (Would love to see the characters get remade as Vintage SA characters)

a return of the Playset (the chipboard Solo stuff was cool but I want a new series of modular playsets)

Reaction score
If only they took this opportunity to do a "catch up" line for the basic 'universe' assortment, instead, they're apparently abandoning it until Episode IX to try other products & scales that might be DOA. I fear we may never see some characters now in the 3.75 scale, due to Hasbro's mismanagement of time and resources.

Reaction score
If only they took this opportunity to do a "catch up" line for the basic 'universe' assortment, instead, they're apparently abandoning it until Episode IX to try other products & scales that might be DOA. I fear we may never see some characters now in the 3.75 scale, due to Hasbro's mismanagement of time and resources.
My sentiments exactly

Reaction score
Reaction score
A new scale of Hyper-Real figures coming out.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/02/05/rumor-report-move-over-photo-real-here-comes-hyperreal/

So that's 4 different scales and 5 lines we may get a look at at toy fair

3.75 Vintage - looks to be primary small scale line leading up to episode 9
3.75 basic - on hiatus until episode 9
5 inch Galaxy of Adventures - kid aimed
6 inch line
Hyper-Real line - I think these will be pretty limited

*awaits yall's *****ing"

I'm all for the hiatus on the 3.75" Basic line as long as Hasbro really focuses on great and new characters for the Vintage Collection... enough with the repacks on Vintage cards.. I want all new figures please.

The 5" line is a wait and see... I may pick those up depending on how they look and if my kids want them.

the 6 inch line I currently cherry pick so I'm ok with that

I'm intrigued by this rumored Hyper-Real line and wonder if we will actually see something at Toy Fair or if this is going to be a tease till Celebration or SDCC

Reaction score
I'm all for the hiatus on the 3.75" Basic line as long as Hasbro really focuses on great and new characters for the Vintage Collection... enough with the repacks on Vintage cards.. I want all new figures please.

The 5" line is a wait and see... I may pick those up depending on how they look and if my kids want them.

I'm intrigued by this rumored Hyper-Real line and wonder if we will actually see something at Toy Fair or if this is going to be a tease till Celebration or SDCC
It's definitely shaping up to be an interesting toy fair. Hopefully we get some looks at the new lines.

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind a basic hiatus as much if TVC covered some new characters, but the likelihood of that seems slim. I'm afraid there is going to be a real drought until October... I remain excited to get my hands on a Yakface figure, and I am looking forward to Crait Luke, but that's about it - its difficult to remain an engaged fan when you're looking forward to two figures. Hope TF has some TVC reveals or the 3.75 loyalists, like I, will continue to be disappointed with the 2019 outlook.

Reaction score
It's definitely shaping up to be an interesting toy fair. Hopefully we get some looks at the new lines.
That's what I think as well. All these rumors have just added to my interest because I figured Hasbro would basically just show us what we've already seen (TVC,TBS, and the Resistance figures) and say, "can't wait to see you at Celebration, where we'll have some awesome reveals."

Now, with the possibility of a couple of new scales nobody was asking for, it will be interesting to see if those rumors are true, how Hasbro touts this stuff, and how we, the people who actually still buy their products, react to it all.

Oh, yeah, I'm looking forward to the chaos this TF could unleash on the collecting community...........:sneaky:
T

Reaction score
What no one told you the Barge is scaled to the new small line.......

I would be surprised if we didn't see the Barge make its official debut, along with answers to how our non NA friends can get hold of one.

Reaction score
The new 'retro kenner style' line has piqued my interest... it'd be swell (to my anyway) if they started doing never before done figures in the true vintage style.

Reaction score
Yes. I woukd love never before done versions. However, I am expecting a heavy dose of the same ones. The original 12 and of course Fett again.

Reaction score
Hasbro knows their consumer if the retro figures are OT. I’ll buy them all. Vintage style Tarkin, Sandtrooper, Cantina Aliens, Biggs, Rebel Fleet Trooper. If the retro figures are ST or Disney or PT I’ll pass on all of them.

Reaction score
I'm expecting to see ST characters in vintage 5POA style with a sprinkling of some of the missing OT faces.

Reaction score
The new 'retro kenner style' line has piqued my interest... it'd be swell (to my anyway) if they started doing never before done figures in the true vintage style.
my guess is Funko looking monstrosities. I’m so tired of the gimmicks at this point. Just make a wide selection of effing 3.75 inch figures. Aliens, droids, mains, vehicles and play sets. Get back to your damned bread and butter Hasbro!

Reaction score
Well, with the new vintage retro line, it looks like 5 POA SW figures are here to stay.

Reaction score
It has replaced TVC. The Tarkin game pack-in figure is listed as “TVC” in the SKU list. Retro is the new TVC.

Reaction score
Retro=more discount store garbage. I hope these rot on the Target pegs. How does Target get these and get walmart ends up with TVC Lando and the Jabba playset? Should be reversed.

retro will end up in the Star Wars ash heap of history alongside Star Wars Command and Centerpiece.

Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
I’m glad to see the new retro line. Hope it does well, and that they cover most, if not all, of the original releases. Vehicles and playsets included.

Star Wars has been flooded with speculators and novices driving up the prices of vintage product to unreasonable numbers. The retro figures will, hopefully, satiate some of the tertiary collectors and reset the prices of some of these vintage figures to something a bit more reasonable and convince the speculators that they aren’t going to be able to retire off Star Wars toys.