Toy Fair 2008 - The Clone Wars Edition!

GNT

Reaction score
I thought I'd seperate this from the other thread in the TAC section so this one will just be on the Clone Wars cartoon toys and items

It's nearly time for Toy Fair 2008! For those that dont know it'll run from Sunday February 17 till Wednesday, February 20, 2008 and hopefully see alot of goodies that'll be released in 2008 like the Clone Wars, The force Unleashed (new sculpts I hope) and the basic toyline.

American International Toy Fair® is the largest toy trade show in the Western Hemisphere. More than 1,500 manufacturers, distributors, importers and sales agents from 30 countries showcase their toy and entertainment products. For more information please check out the following link - Toyfairny.com

What Clone Wars Items do you want Hasbro to reveal?

Reaction score
Glad to see the new section up and running! Cannot wait to see what TF brings.

Reaction score
I hope that there are a number of "unknowns" revealed at this time... too much is leaked before hand IMO... and takes away some (if not a lot) of fun from the event.... 1 week to go...

Reaction score
I'm hoping at least the first wave of figures from the new Clone Wars will be on display so the animated vs. realistic rhetoric will be settled finally. I don't even care which style they're in anymore, the endless debates are tiresome.

Too bad Toy Fair's purpose won't allow any exclusives already sold to appear, I am really curious about the new B-Wing the Force Unleashed jungle rancor (is the palace rancor battle pack supposed to be exclusive too?).

Reaction score
Let's use this thread to discuss what we see at Toy Fair (hopefully starting on Friday with a preview picture if past years are any indicator) - post what you're seeing here - and we'll have the threads added as quickly as possible - we'll keep all the news and general stuff here and the item specific commentary in the appropriate threads.

'78

Reaction score
Great idea. The fewer threads the better. Will certainly be very appreciated when an endless flow of images comes at us this week-end

GNT

Reaction score
Might sticky this for the next week or until Toy Fair is over

Reaction score
I actually know someone who was there and though he's not a collector, he said the figures looked like the cartoons.

Reaction score
So why is Toy Fair happening on the weekend now?
Didn't it used to be a mid-weekday event for retail buyers that worked during the week and then it would be clean-up on Saturday evening?
Now it's turning into some sort of weekend media event!?!?
I'm kinda exaggerating, but is my brain tricking me?

Reaction score
LEAKS! LEAKS! Where are the damn Toy Fair leaks?!

I'm really hoping we get a bone thrown our way tonight.

Reaction score
Jedieb said:
LEAKS! LEAKS! Where are the damn Toy Fair leaks?!
Agreed. Most everyone involved in the lead-up to this thing seems to have been very well-mannered and by-the-book as far as holding onto information. I'm disappointed but by this time tomorrow I want to be overwhelmed with new information and photos.

Reaction score
I'm actually quite impressed by how well Hasbro has kept things under wraps. That should make the deluge of pics and info tomorrow quite satisfying.

Reaction score
So in how any hours will we see stuff from the Ty Fair posted on RS? It is late afternoon on Friday over there in the US and early Saturday morning here. What day will it be before I see stuff? I would like to see stuff before I have to go back to school on Monday

Reaction score
Well, you'll probably see most stuff early Sunday and the very latest stuff late Sunday or maybe Monday morning.

Reaction score
If what I'm getting on the back channels is correct, it'll be mid-afternoon tomorrow Eastern US time, so I think that's basically VERY early morning for you, so when you get up Sunday, you'll probably be able to see stuff.

'78

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
If what I'm getting on the back channels is correct, it'll be mid-afternoon tomorrow Eastern US time, so I think that's basically VERY early morning for you, so when you get up Sunday, you'll probably be able to see stuff.

'78
Ok thanks '78 and MasterBENbro for you speedy replies. I look foward to tommorow morning, then