Tops Toys Vader MOC

Reaction score
I know Top Toys seals are not the greatest as have had first hand experience with them but this to me looks blatantly like a reseal and not a very good one either, plus the fact a rip/tear mark can be seen on the litho underneath the left side of the bubble's seal...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-vintage-DARTH-VADER-TOP-TOYS-MOC-case-EL-REGRESO-DEL-JEDI-n-m/273777313683?hash=item3fbe664793:g:2GcAAOSwGN9cmIGi&frcectupt=true

I have messaged the seller but have had no response and it is a bit puzzling as they also have sold a Top Toys Chirpa with a mint seal, quite a contrast. And the fact they have 100% feedback. :wtf:

Reaction score
I just got a message from the seller...

'Hi.
I have read your emails and can understand your concerns. I can say it is not a reseal. There is no glue residue and the card is not torn. What has happened is the bubble is warped / stretched at the bend were the bubble leaves flat part on card and goes up side bubble and has made it go uneven looking. . Wether this happened during the making of the bubble or when it was sealed to card? or if it was stored in a humid/hot area? Remember lower quality control on the South American producers. What looks like the tears in the bubble is actually the bubble gone white from stretching and lifted. On close inspection you can see the cardback is still flat underneath The bottom of bubble is the worst area.
As mentioned i have owned for over 14 years. I bought a lot of carded and loose top toys figs from the Argentina seller when these figs were a lot cheaper. That lot had a stormtrooper with a bubble that was the same. I sold that to someone i know who had it graded a number of years back and passed although rating was lower due to this. And the stormie i kept the bubble has simply fallen of over tiime.
I hope this is some help. If you want pix i have no problem sending them. I am not a scammer. Thanks. '

I'm still not convinced but who knows.

Reaction score
Looks like the seal on my top toys Vader, not a reseal just way too hot when applied. I have seen a few like that over the years! these were not made by Kenner so different quality standards! Hope this helps,K

Reaction score
Looks like the seal on my top toys Vader, not a reseal just way too hot when applied. I have seen a few like that over the years! these were not made by Kenner so different quality standards! Hope this helps,K
Hi K, thank you for the input. It's just bizzare how other Top Toys MOC's have smooth and good seals and the odd ones do not but I do not know exactlty how they were put togehter in Argentina.

Maybe different quality standards within Argentina or maybe someone got hold of some overstock cardbacks, bubbles/blisters and figures and put them together themselves. It's been done before in another country.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure about top toys quality control...lol. I think that these are bootlegs due to lack of peg holes in feet,not sure if it has ever been confirmed. I do know that th chewie is a pain to find! K

Reaction score
Not sure about top toys quality control...lol. I think that these are bootlegs due to lack of peg holes in feet,not sure if it has ever been confirmed. I do know that th chewie is a pain to find! K
It's a possibility for sure. Thank you again for your help. :)