Topps Star Wars Galactic Connexions

Reaction score
Apparently there are "green starfield" discs that are going to be part of a promotion at Subway. My hunch is it will just be a small subset of characters -- most likely just the Force Awakens characters.
When is this starting??
My daughter actually came home from Subway tonight with a mini glow stick lightsaber and a small Force Awakens tote bag...but no Galactic Connexion.

Reaction score
Someone has listed a couple of the subway discs on ebay. So, I guess some subways have them even if they aren't official yet...

Reaction score
I found the greeting cards today at Walmart (with the other cards). I wanted to get a Rey card and disc to put in that card for display.

The Rey card I got had an IG-88 disc in it that presumably somebody switched out the BB-8 disc for.

They had like four or five of each character's card so I just went through the BB-8s and picked the Rey disc I liked best. It has a shiny silver outer edge. No idea if that's much more or less rare than the others, but from what I saw the majority of all the discs there had flat gray edges.

Reaction score
Someone has listed a couple of the subway discs on ebay. So, I guess some subways have them even if they aren't official yet...
Topps was informed and they're looking into it.
They also said that their partnership with Subway doesn't begin until December...so just a couple more weeks and they should be readily available.

Reaction score
FYI - word on the Facebook Topps page is that once Dec 18th rolls around, Walmart wont be selling series 1 any longer.
Time is closing in on finding those gold Leias!

Reaction score
I'd imagine we will hear some announcement from Topps when any surface.
Topps said that when someone redeems a gold Leia disc, Walmart is also going to give the lucky individual/s a massive SW package as a secondary prize.
Is this for real, or are you guys doing a parody of "Willy Wonka"? (I'm serious by the way, I've never heard about this).

Also, has anyone ever found the "Boba Fett disc" or whatever it's called? I mean the disc with the Mandalorian color scheme.

Reaction score
It's real, although the actual disc is white and you trade it for a solid gold Leia. They do a pretty terrible job of actually explaining any of this on the package, but it's on their website.

Reaction score
Thanks, Jabba.

When I leave this site I'm gonna go check out the link you provided, but I assume there's only one or a very small # of these. Therefore, I'm curious if the bad explanation is intentional. That way, it vastly increases the odds that sweet Golden Leia spends eternity lost in some kid's toybox or backyard. Then, the big reward that Leia is always throwing in Han's and who knows how many other scoundrel's faces is forever sitting in limbo.

Just can't trust those Golden Princesses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Topps answered my question on Facebook.

Topps Star Wars All remaining Series 1 stock will be removed from shelves after 12/18 and replaced with Series 2. Some Walmart stores may hold onto them a bit longer if there is room on the shelf. We have 1 gold disc winner so far which is going to be announced very soon.

Reaction score
The Subway set has been easy to come across aside from BB8. Other collectors on FB have mentioned the same problem.
Curious to see if the droid was a short print.

Reaction score
Went to subway and get 2 sets of each and an extra phasma and rey. Was gonna just get two phasmas and rey but the nice guy said he would give me 2 for 1$ on each. Couldn't pass it up then.

Reaction score
I'm still looking for two disks for my mini collection of Zam Wessell. I need the blue border disk and the clear border with rainbow foil background. I have over 30 disks I can offer in trade, including a blue border Dr. Evazan, or I will be happy to buy them if that works better. Please let me know if you have either of these for me. Thanks.

Reaction score
I haven't really been doing much about these recently but I did finally find one of the Blue Starfield Jabbas. The seller mentioned that Topps had acknowledged that some of the Blue Starfield discs were short prints, and it sure seems like Jabba is one of these, since as far as I know there have only been two on eBay ever.

Reaction score
Is anyone trading these? I have a lot of wave one and some of wave 2 id like to trade to get some more I need for my sets.
thanks
DS

Reaction score
The green starfield in subways is only at subways inside walmart supposedly. 2 of my nieces are mgrs for subway. I got several for trade if you can let me know what you need. Also did any one see the jacket patchs Hallmark put on on christmas cards. Any one find any purple yet? I think the purple is kinda cool.

Reaction score
Good tip about the green discs being only at Subways within Walmarts. Makes sense. I saw them available at a store today. Has anyone had any success just buying them straight out? I was told I had to buy a kids meal, but I have no interest in getting 6 kids meals just to get those discs.

I also picked up a pack of Series 2 discs today just to see what they're like. Got a purple. But I probably won't be collecting these anymore, beyond what I already have.

Reaction score
Do the series 2 discs come in a different package that makes it clear they are Series 2? I saw a bunch of packs in my WalMart today, but they appeared to be from the first series since that was what was pictured on the wrapper and it didn't say Series 2 anywhere. Please help me know what I should be looking for with the new series wrappers. Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I expected. All my store had were the original series. Does this one have all the variations in border and background like Series 1?

Reaction score
Mighty Jabba can you try another walmart/subway? if no good let me know maybe i can grab another set. Also can any one confirm the Red in the soundtrack is normal Sith Red and not starfield Red like the blue ones or the green subway ones. Also be watching for valentine cards with series 2 possibly coming out. My best hit to date is 3 purples in 1 pack of series 2. I found some series 1 still out at a walmart yesterday. Their hallmark card section had a gold Darth Maul which i scooped up.

Reaction score
Anyone collecting Wave 2? I am looking for 4 greens: Chopper, Max Rebo, General Tagge and At-At Driver. If you have any of them and are interested in trading/selling, I will trade heavily in your favor. Thanks!

Reaction score
Looks like the Walmart release of The Force Awakens on dvd, etc will come with an exclusive Galactic Connexion.

According to Topps Facebook page, there will be one of 72 different character chips randomly inserted into the blu-ray-DVD pack. Maybe I read it wrong. However, there will be a red starfield border on these.