Topps Galaxy 5

Reaction score
Question for the Des Moines area folks...

Are there any shops that will be selling the new Tops Galaxy 5 series of cards as individual packs? Mayhem? DragonFire?

The only place in CR told me I had to buy the whole box and they couldn't give me definitive price because of "market fluctuation."

I don't want the whole box. Yet.

Reaction score
Dragonfire closed up shop a year or so ago.

I didn't see any at Mayhem when I was there on Geek Day.

The Rookie (a sports card shop a couple of blocks down from Mayhem) got a case in today so I'm guessing they might be selling single packs. I don't know for sure on that, though.

Corman

Reaction score
There was a shop in Mason city called Now and then that used to sell sets of cards. Thats where I got my roginal Galaxy card sets from. You'd have to buy the chase cards separatly but at least it's a start.

I'd like to get a set of the basics myself.

Reaction score
I did read somewhere that the cards would be available at Target in the near future.

I stopped by Mayhem in Des Moines last week and they don't stock any trading cards. Only gaming cards.

I'm starting to get nostalgic for buying wax packs of the Topps ROTJ cards at Caseys back in the 80s.

Reaction score
I spoke too soon; found them at Target last night.

Very nice, I just wish that they would have printed them using a higher line screen since the series is all art, but not everyone is a design geek/print snob like me. Still, they are verrrrrry nice.