Tobias Beckett

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface we should be seeing a Tobias Beckett in the near future, no further details about this item just yet:

Reaction score
I'll be bummed if one of his lines doesn't include the 'thumbs' reference (even if it sounds cheesy)...no really, I'll have a better appreciation for Force Link if he does. :D

Reaction score
One of Hasbro's best "basic" figures in my opinion. Great likeness and functional articulation. Admittedly some elbows would make it perfect but as it is Beckett in a great figure.

Reaction score
Interesting approach for the hip articulation. Can he sit?
Kinda. The holster is super pliable but the jacket gets in the way. Also what he's sitting in with no knee articulation lol? I guess I could put together a Falcon dio but I'm not gonna get him near the holo chess table with no knees.

Reaction score
Horrible likeness on my copy but the 9 POA was another surprise. Can't sit well at all. I guess you could take his coat off and have mismatched arms with the blue onesie look.

Probably the worst of the wave IMHO.

Reaction score
Wow he's going to be great for custom fodder. I imagine without the jacket and holster he's sort of in coveralls? Maybe an Imperial engineer like Bhodi or a spaceport mechanic/technician. :{h

Reaction score
For customizing, you'd have tan arms left after getting the coat off and you could get the holsters off too by cutting them. Then just a couple of brown splotches of paint to redo. :)

Reaction score
Leaving him 85% intact, you could always add SA arms fairly easy while retaining the aesthetics. The worst area is the sculpted holsters, and possibly the belt where it wraps around the waist? Ankles and knees would be somewhat easy to add as well. Provided you had the right donor parts.

So I surmise that you could essentially get two looks out of this one. With an w/o the jacket. I just don't have as much enthusiasm nor energy for it anymore.
Not to mention it isn't as easy to come by fodder these days, due to Hasbro not releasing any and ebay being so high priced.

Reaction score
Oh I couldn't tell at first that the holsters are sculpted on the legs. That's lame and makes it hard for a figure to sit in some vehicles. :{h

Reaction score
One of Hasbro's best "basic" figures in my opinion. Great likeness and functional articulation. Admittedly some elbows would make it perfect but as it is Beckett in a great figure.

Looks more like Yozza Hughes to me.

Reaction score
What cracks me up is that they stuck a wig on Woody that looks like a boy-band haircut (especially knowing that the actor has pretty significant frontal balding). Would have been less distracting to have a mostly shaved head and wear a wool hat to keep his scalp warm. In doing so, Disney could have gotten some SJW points for showcasing baldness. Would have been a win-win.

Reaction score
So after never seeing this wave in stores, I finally ordered him, Val, L3, and Rio from Hasbro. My Tobias' mustache and soul patch are super duper crooked. Like off to the side of his face. Do any customizers have any advice on how to fix this? Like maybe a way to get rid of the paint and possibly redo it?

Reaction score
Its pretty easy to correct, I use a fine edge (#11) of an x-acto blade and scrape the error paint off and then repaint to correct it. I'm an opener and a customizer, so I do it frequently. If you scrape gently, you wont damage the plastic underneath.

As for the figure, having opened it, I am pleasantly surprised at now nice it turned out. Not exactly my favorite character from the movie, but a welcome addition. I agree with the comments above, I would have preferred a bald representation instead of a silly wig.

Reaction score
So after never seeing this wave in stores, I finally ordered him, Val, L3, and Rio from Hasbro. My Tobias' mustache and soul patch are super duper crooked. Like off to the side of his face. Do any customizers have any advice on how to fix this? Like maybe a way to get rid of the paint and possibly redo it?
You can use Windsor and Newtons brush cleaner, available in any art and or craft stores. Will take any paint off easily.

Reaction score
I ordered him online. Real gamble, with the lack of QC on paint apps these days. I was waiting as long as possible for him to show up at a store, so I could pick and choose. Oh well. I'm really excited for this one, if he comes out right.

Reaction score
Pretty neat, I was looking at ways to take this one apart and reuse with modern parts somehow. Since I just finally came across this one at Fred Meyer the other day for $7.